View Full Version : Sprouts Grocery

soonerstan56
06-06-2013, 08:08 PM
My first experience with Sprouts was not good and I would like some feedback from other Normanites.
My wife,who is a very good cook,prepared a meal tonight from Sprouts and I was underwelmed.
The vegetables and salad were fine but the roast was a huge hunk of grissel.
A reputable grocer should not have had this piece of inedible meat in it's store.
Any feedback positive or negative would be appreciated.

Thanks

MagzOK
06-07-2013, 05:13 AM
I have been a Sprout's fan for quite some time now since my first visit to a location in my native Richardson, TX where my parents continue to live. I do buy some meats there if I'm in a hurry during my regular shopping, but usually I purchase meats at Bill Kamps in OKC. My experience in the butcher area of Sprouts has been pleasant, though I have had the impression at times that they don't really know what they're doing. But really, the deli dept and all other parts of the store are always top notch. I will say that I'm very grateful to finally have an alternative to Akin's who was pricing everyone out of being healthy for the longest time! Before moving to north OKC from Norman I used to visit Wheeler's on SW 44th just east of I35. However, if you're ever up in the city or your wife, stop in at Bill Kamp's on north Western Ave for a fantastic experience. Those guys are for real in there. Good luck, Soonerstan. :p

td25er
06-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I hope you didn't tell the wife it was inedible.

swh113
06-07-2013, 08:54 AM
I've been very happy with Sprouts.

OKCisOK4me
06-08-2013, 12:20 AM
I've never had an issue with Sprouts. Now, of course, I'm referring to the one on NW 63rd & May and also, I don't by huge chunks of grissel, so I can't help you.

rjstone208
06-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Never had a problem and buy all our veggies, all of our seafood and most of our meat there. Meat's always been good. Wal-mart relegated to toilet paper and soap.

Geographer
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Since Sprouts in Norman has opened, I've bought ALL of my fresh veggies/fruits/meats/cheeses at the store. I only go to wal-mart for boxed products (spaghetti, cereal, etc). Can't bring myself to spend $5 on a small box of cereal at Sprouts yet...but the fresh veggies/fruits/meats are wonderful....They're at or cheaper than walmart produce, with astronomically better quality.

MsDarkstar
06-18-2013, 06:28 PM
I live in Moore & we make the trek to the Sprouts in Norman most Wednesdays to take advantage of their double sale days. I've been very pleased with the meat we've gotten there, so much so that I haven't bought meat from anywhere else in a looooong time. For me, the veggies can sometimes be a hit & miss thing; I get what looks good as long as the price is right :) Love the cheeses, and my mom LOVES the selection of sugar free chocolate nuts & treats.

soonerguru
06-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Haven't stepped foot in Sprouts in months. I actually preferred Sunflower. Buy all meat at Whole Foods (and Crest in a pinch).

venture
06-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Haven't stepped foot in Sprouts in months. I actually preferred Sunflower. Buy all meat at Whole Foods (and Crest in a pinch).

Driving from Norman to Whole Foods to buy groceries isn't exactly realistic though and seems pretty illogical.

soonerguru
06-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Driving from Norman to Whole Foods to buy groceries isn't exactly realistic though and seems pretty illogical.

True, but I live in OKC and it takes me all 10 minutes o drive to Whole Foods.

bchris02
06-22-2013, 12:30 PM
There needs to be more Sprouts locations. The location at May and 63rd is pretty much always slammed with long lines and its difficult to find a parking space. Once could probably do well in NW OKC near the Gaillardia area.

Bob Loblaw
08-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Popped into Sprouts on a lark over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised - hope the Sprouts-made linguica is every bit as good as the 'guica we'd get back home - and my daughter thinks their muffins are the best - anyway, what a refreshing change of pace for Norman

Bob

Jesseda
08-16-2013, 06:53 AM
Popped into Sprouts on a lark over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised - hope the Sprouts-made linguica is every bit as good as the 'guica we'd get back home - and my daughter thinks their muffins are the best - anyway, what a refreshing change of pace for Norman

Bob

the sprouts linguica is a hit or miss with me one day it tasted like the ones back home in the bay area then the next time it taste nothing like linguica. It must be whoever is making it and knows what linguica taste like , I still miss the ones you find all over the bay area

Bob Loblaw
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah, the Sprouts linguica was a miss - they had the spices in there for sure but the meat and oils were just regular ol' sausage fixins and the casing was regular thin sausage casing, not the thick casing that makes for good linguica sections - oh well, it was too good to be true but still worth a shot - so it's back to Gaspar's for the real deal: Gaspar's Linguica Products, Shop Online, (http://www.gasparssausage.com/gaslin.html)

Bob