View Full Version : Anyone up for an outing?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Leon
07-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Just wondering.....newly alone myself, would anyone be interested in an outing? Having been so extremely exclusive for such a long time, being alone alerts one to how important simple friends are. So, would anyone here, male or female, married, attached, or completely single, care to meet somewhere just to BS and have a good time?

I'm not trying to create a match-making service, and I'm not looking for an intimate relationship (well, yes I am, but not in this thread), just a chance to get out for ten minutes or ten hours and meet some new people. You can never have too many friends.

If interested, email me at neonleon41@cox.net Let me know the times....emphasize TIMES,..... best for you. If you wanna suggest a place please do that too......I was thinking the "family" pool hall on West Reno, or Buffalo Wild Wings in Moore.

I'll give this about a week to see the interest level, then either scrap it or set something up that accomodates the greatest number.

kellekokid
07-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me when and where and how can I help?

mranderson
07-08-2005, 08:55 AM
We have been thinking about a planned singles event for a long time. I would be willing to do one if the majority of the singles are up for it and will commit to being there.

A weekly luncheon or even monthly would be a good way to get to know my fellow "dumpees."

:LolLolLol

Leon
07-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't think it's looking good....43 views so far and you make two replies.

Leon
07-09-2005, 09:44 AM
How about the KRXO's 18th birthday bash at the zoo ampitheater???????????

osupa05
07-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm not here much anymore, so that's why I didn't reply... but I think it would fun to get together and do something... how about ice skating anyone ;~) !

Intrepid
07-09-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm not here much anymore, so that's why I didn't reply... but I think it would fun to get together and do something... how about ice skating anyone ;~) !

Only if someone promises to hold me up while we skate.

;)

Leon
07-09-2005, 10:36 PM
OK the place I was thinking is Slick Willie's

Here's a link: http://www.slickw.com/sites/ok/4000wreno.htm

It's at 4000 W. Reno, next to WhiteWater.

I've been there a few times, It's clean, large, well lit, and quiet enough to hold a normal conversation.....not full of thugs as one might picture when imagining a pool hall. They have food (not the greatest though) and a bar.

Curt
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Leon, if I lived there I'd be happy to attend, but since I dont I cant. But I think your at least trying to get people together and I give you credit for that. If I am ever on town during one of these events I would definately stop by.

Faith
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM

I would love to go iceskating!

BricktownGuy
07-11-2005, 03:11 PM
I do not live in the area, or I also would attend. sorry. Looks as though I might be in OKC area, close to year end (October, November).. so.. wish me luck. Til then, if anyone would like to make a chat/email buddy please contact me, please.

Spookytourchick
07-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Did I miss this?

sweetdaisy
07-13-2005, 03:16 PM
I'd be interested in meeting some of you all for an outing.

I know I've been MIA for a little while, but am trying to drag myself back into the community.

Was anything ever decided on if/when/what we would do?

workman45
07-14-2005, 06:15 AM
If you decide to do something, give it a post and I'll see if I can make it.

Spookytourchick
07-14-2005, 07:43 AM
I concur! Someone set it up! :k-bunny:

sweetdaisy
07-14-2005, 07:46 AM
C'mon Leon! Set it up! Set it up!! :tweeted:

Curt
07-14-2005, 03:40 PM
I'll set it up, if anyone would come :), anyone up for a challenge?

sweetdaisy
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Let's go, mariner! I know you'll have us tromping around the U.P. in no time! BTW, I'm coming up to MI in 2 weeks. YAY!

Intrepid
07-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I'll set it up, if anyone would come :), anyone up for a challenge?

I could probably be talked into an outing. :)

Curt
07-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I could probably be talked into an outing. :)
Well, it would have to be in Michigan though, that was the challenge, but, if there was one in OKC next time I am there, probably in September, I would love to come to it.

sweetdaisy
07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Mariner, when I move back to MI, I will expect an outing!

Curt
07-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Mariner, when I move back to MI, I will expect an outing!
Where are you from in Michigan? and ok.

sweetdaisy
07-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Hmmm...Mariner, I guess you don't recall that we've already had the conversation about me having lived in Ann Arbor, etc. Apparently, I made an impression. lol

Curt
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Hmmm...Mariner, I guess you don't recall that we've already had the conversation about me having lived in Ann Arbor, etc. Apparently, I made an impression. lol
UGH.........what an idiot I am. No wonder why I am single. I remember now and I am very sorry, now I do owe you a dinner. My mind is gone thesedays, in fact, I pulled up to the gas pump the other day paid and drove off without pumping my gas, what an idiot I am, so I had to go back. I can imagine the guy calling the police about a drive off that paid, but didnt pump.

Leon
07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
OK folks, Osupa mentioned in another thread, another topic, A Redhawks game. There's a lot of opprtunity to talk and mingle. I'm out of ideas. So.....let's say six affirmative replies minimum......six by Sunday July 16, 9:00pm. By vote we'll do Sunday the 24th or Monday the 25....both are at 7:05pm or any day from August 6-11, all at 7:05pm. Please pick as many days as you can attend. We'll settle on the one that has the most people available.

If we settle on a day, I'll check with the field about holding seats all together or General Admin on the grass or bleachers.....I'm OK with anything....Please let me know your preference too.

Email neonleon41@cox.net

If you know other singles, they're welcome too. Non-single people who might help us lonely souls, you come too.

Everybody!!!!.......maybe we can get clubhouse seating. :)

workman45
07-15-2005, 06:11 AM
My work schedule is Sun - Thu, 9pm-5:30am so it doesn't work for me, but I hope everyone else can make it.

sweetdaisy
07-15-2005, 07:35 AM
LOVE the idea of a Redhawks game! Monday, 7/25 would be best for me, but if Sunday is chosen I could probably make it. Way to go, osupa and Leon!

mranderson
07-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Weekends are best, however, next month I have to close my department, which means off at 6:30.

kellekokid
07-16-2005, 07:25 PM
I work nights and am the only one working my dept. on Sun/Mon. so that is out for me. My nights off are Fri. and Sat. I could probably get a Sun./Mon. off but the girl who could cover for me could use the night off as well she's single too and could use a fun evening.....

Leon
07-16-2005, 09:06 PM
OK.....looks like this so far:
Looks like the greatest number (4) can make it on Saturday the sixth.
That couild change though.
After I hit post and the website reformats this, it may look like a mess but I'll try it.
The following is a makeshift calendar with game days and who's available each day.
I was hoping for six people.........we'll see, I may give it a few more days if it starts looking like it'll come together for the sixth. Monday the 25th is actually the best day for me.

Nickname Evenings Available
S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Game Days X X X X X X X X X X X
Workman F S F S
Sweetdaisy S M
MrAnderson S S S S S
Kellekokid F S F S
Leon S M S S

Leon
07-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Well,......I was afraid of that!.....the 'spaces I used to line everything up got removed.
Maybe I'll try something else tomorrow, that doesn't look at all like what I typed.

I'm heading out for tonight....someone mentioned graham's the other day. It's been a long time but I think I'll go tonight.

Leon
07-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Well, folks.....I don't think I'll get any more positive responses. After two full weeks there were only four positives plus me. And the best we can do is four people available at once. I had really expected eigh to ten, would've continued for six.

So, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to abandon this effort.

Leon.

osupa05
07-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Well,......I was afraid of that!.....the 'spaces I used to line everything up got removed.
Maybe I'll try something else tomorrow, that doesn't look at all like what I typed.

I'm heading out for tonight....someone mentioned graham's the other day. It's been a long time but I think I'll go tonight.

Hey.. did you go to graham's??? Did you have fun? I'm sorry about not responding to the "outing" poll. I'm in school and not in OKC much (doing my clinicals). Wish I was there more and could do something with you guys, though. Maybe when I get back to OKC we could pull off a redhawks game. Just state a time and whoever shows up then all go and buy tickets at the same time. Then that way if not too many show up, nobody will be out tickets.

Intrepid
07-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Hey.. did you go to graham's??? Did you have fun? I'm sorry about not responding to the "outing" poll. I'm in school and not in OKC much (doing my clinicals). Wish I was there more and could do something with you guys, though. Maybe when I get back to OKC we could pull off a redhawks game. Just state a time and whoever shows up then all go and buy tickets at the same time. Then that way if not too many show up, nobody will be out tickets.

I'm game for a game! =)

Leon
07-19-2005, 09:14 PM

Not Graham's.....on the way I remembered a place called the Rhinestone Cowboy. It was a lot closer, 2 miles, maybe, and it was late so I went there instead. First time, great place, crowded parking was the only drawback. I think that might be my place for a while, friendly people.

School in Norman?

Redhawks game? Yours is a good idea. It'd be fun just to hang out with some new faces.

Leon
07-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Intrepid.....you and the others who responded....I'll PM you folks within the next few weeks. Could happen often, I really like being at the Brick.

upisgr8
07-19-2005, 09:59 PM
My first reply as a new pm, the outing idea sounds great

Leon
07-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I meant private message.....but I'll be happy to PM you too.....new here?

sweetdaisy
07-20-2005, 12:24 PM
How about us having an outing at the East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20? djryanla just posted info about it today. I think that would be fun.

kellekokid
07-20-2005, 12:44 PM
How about us having an outing at the East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20? djryanla just posted info about it today. I think that would be fun.

That sounds like a fun time....and it's on my days off, so I could be there!

Curt
07-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Now, this is a real good idea. That is what you all should do, go down, listen to some good music and have a good time, this way everyone would be relaxed, not like sitting in a restaurant where alot of people wont eat in front of people they just met. You know how that goes. Now, go out and do something, get to know each other.

workman45
07-21-2005, 05:32 PM
What day, and what time period? Sounds like fun.

sweetdaisy
07-22-2005, 12:16 PM
What day, and what time period? Sounds like fun.

I figured the Saturday would work best - assuming no one works on the weekend. Maybe meeting down there around noon (or whenever!) having some lunch and hanging out until we decide to leave.

mranderson
07-22-2005, 12:21 PM
In case you haven't done so, add me to the contact list. Weekends are good.

Intrepid
07-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Does anyone have a portable air conditioner??? :)

soypreciosa
07-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I would really be interested in hanging out and playing some pool. Has a day and time been decided?

Leon
07-28-2005, 10:47 AM
I think the whole pool idea has more or less fallen through. We're kinda waiting for someone to announce they're going to a Redhawks game and then whoever wants to can meet somewhere near the ticket windows. But with only a few more weeks in the Redhawks' schedule, that may not work either.

sweetdaisy
08-03-2005, 07:52 AM
I know I mentioned it before, but I'm still planning on going to the music festival in Bricktown. Would like to go with some people rather than going alone, so I'm planning for Saturday, August 19, early afternoon. Anyone still interested?

Curt
08-03-2005, 10:05 AM
I know I mentioned it before, but I'm still planning on going to the music festival in Bricktown. Would like to go with some people rather than going alone, so I'm planning for Saturday, August 19, early afternoon. Anyone still interested?
Alright, c'mon people, get out and do something togther, meet each other. I see alot of suggestions and they all sound good to me. Sweetdaisy, if I lived there, I would definately go to the music fest, if I lived there I would go to a Redhawks game with anyone that wanted to go.

Any of you single people, if you want to meet someone you have to get out there. I have met more girls this summer than ever before because I have been getting out doing alot. Not saying any of them are possibilities, just saying people used to tell me I need to get out more, they were right.

mranderson
08-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I am up for a RedHawks or Blazers game, a movie or some other outings. However, I am usually not into music festivals.

By the way. I posted a poll not long ago with suggestions. I think I even left room for more.

sweetdaisy
08-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh, I thought you had indicated you were interested. That's fine, though. I'll look forward to meeting some of you if/when we ever have a sports-related activity.

soypreciosa
08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm up for anything....music festival....movie...pool.....sports....anything that gets me out of the house...doesn't have to be the perfect event just something that can allow us to all meet and have some fun.

Curt
08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh, I thought you had indicated you were interested. That's fine, though. I'll look forward to meeting some of you if/when we ever have a sports-related activity.
Dont say "IF", say when. Do I have to come down and show you all how to go out and have a good time, LOL.

boat49
08-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Several home games on the Redhawks schedule the next couple of weeks.....fyi

Keith
08-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Several home games on the Redhawks schedule the next couple of weeks.....fyi
Excellent idea! Ok, singles, how about getting together Friday, August 19, at the Bricktown Ballpark? The RedHawks play the Memphis Redbirds at 7:05 PM., plus there will be fireworks after the game, courtesy of McDonalds.

Everyone could meet at the SE corner of the entrance to the ballpark at around 6:15 PM., and then you can all go buy your tickets at the same time so that you can all sit together. How will you know who is who? Simple.....mranderson could make a big OKCTalk sign and stand at the SE corner of the entrance.

So, what do you think? I know that everyone will not be able to make it, however, at least this is a start.

RedHawks Schedule>>>http://www.oklahomaredhawks.com/schedule/?month=8&year=2005

mranderson
08-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Excellent idea! Ok, singles, how about getting together Friday, August 19, at the Bricktown Ballpark? The RedHawks play the Memphis Redbirds at 7:05 PM., plus there will be fireworks after the game, courtesy of McDonalds.

Everyone could meet at the SE corner of the entrance to the ballpark at around 6:15 PM., and then you can all go buy your tickets at the same time so that you can all sit together. How will you know who is who? Simple.....mranderson could make a big OKCTalk sign and stand at the SE corner of the entrance.

So, what do you think? I know that everyone will not be able to make it, however, at least this is a start.

RedHawks Schedule>>>http://www.oklahomaredhawks.com/schedule/?month=8&year=2005

The only problem is I work until 6:30 through September. That Saturday night, August 20, will work.

We have been tossing around ideas for weeks. It is now time to act.

Curt
08-10-2005, 02:31 PM
We have been tossing around ideas for weeks. It is now time to act.
Your absolutley right mranderson. None of ya are going to get out and do something if you dont start doing it. If I have to come down and start something I will, LOL.

Leon
08-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I'd love to but I get my son that Friday. So little time with him, I give him all my attention.

osupa05
08-10-2005, 04:51 PM
The only problem is I work until 6:30 through September. That Saturday night, August 20, will work.

Someone could get you ticket, and bring it to you (if we decide on Fri). Friday or Saturday sounds good to me! I've been itchin' to go to the park! Anything to take a break from studying, and they have Cincinnati chili there, now! Cinci chili is soooo yummy!

Curt
08-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Someone could get you ticket, and bring it to you (if we decide on Fri). Friday or Saturday sounds good to me! I've been itchin' to go to the park! Anything to take a break from studying, and they have Cincinnati chili there, now! Cinci chili is soooo yummy!
Now if you guys dont take her up on her offer to hang out your crazy. I want to hear that you all went out and had a good time together. If you dont go then I dont want to hear anymore how the world sucks so bad and there is nothing to do. :)