Current

no

Address: 900 N. Broadway
Phone: (405) 605-0513
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:30 am - 6 pm
Sun 11 am - 6 pm
Development:
Links:
Official Website (http://pelotonwinebar.com/)
Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pelotonwinebar?fref=ts)
Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/peloton-wine-bar-and-cafe-oklahoma-city)
Urban Spoon (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/1757482/restaurant/Midtown/Peloton-Oklahoma-City)

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/pelotonwiki1.jpg

Information & Latest News
Gallery

Pete
06-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Photos just posted on Peloton's Facebook page:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/931159_527007944002983_61973672_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/485570_527007974002980_206352589_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/421260_527008004002977_1574992621_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943333_527008030669641_1368052968_n.jpg

Praedura
06-03-2013, 01:14 PM
What an uber cool sign!

Who's the amish guy? :wink:

Pete
06-03-2013, 01:30 PM
This venture is owned by Steve Schlegel who owns the adjacent bike shop.

Peloton is the cycling term for a pack of riders and their logo references that formation.

Clever name and logo very well executed. Look forward to the first review.

metro
06-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Which of his shops is it adjacent to, the one on east or west side of Broadway?

Pete
06-03-2013, 01:42 PM
East side of Broadway: 900 N B-way.

The deck and restaurant entrance are on the east of that building (kind of in the back).

CCOKC
06-03-2013, 09:22 PM
I cannot wait to try this place out. My husband and I walked over there a few days ago and they were putting the finishing touches on the place. We participated in the Full Moon Bike Ride the weekend before last and it is my understanding that the riders for future rides will meet there for a friendly drink afterwards. I just love all of the businesses that have opened there recently.

AP
06-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Tried this place last night about 9. They had already closed the kitchen so we just had wine. I really like the setting there and will be back frequently.

Pete
06-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Peloton now has a webpage:

Peloton Wine Bar & Cafe - home (http://pelotonwinebar.com/)

And a menu posted:

http://nebula.wsimg.com/17acdd250dad663595c6b5943bfd59b2?AccessKeyId=69A25 487F909222498A0&disposition=0

RadicalModerate
06-05-2013, 12:08 PM
(Conversation that will probably take place in about a month or so) . . .
"I'll take a half order of the Roasted Shrimp and a half order of the Smoked Salmon to start . . . and . . . The Cuban Panini looks good. With a side of fries. Oh . . . You don't have fries . . . hmm . . . "Pomme Frites" then? Don't have those either . . . OK . . . Potato salad? The chunky kind . . .? No? Well . . . How about a slice of one of those thin sliced, stacked, fried and baked potato "pies" like Anne Burrell or Jacques Pepin might make . . .? Spuds are out then . . . OK . . . Uh . . . Rice? No. Well . . . let's give the Variety Chips a try . . ."

Urban Pioneer
06-05-2013, 12:36 PM
We're going to break the place in tonight with a post regional transit meeting social, 5:00 - 5:30. Feel free top stop by if you want to discuss the streetcar, hub, or regional transit system.

Urban Pioneer
06-06-2013, 09:42 AM
A bunch of us went and broke the place in after the RTD meeting. Had a great time! The appetizers were superb.

The place apparently serves breakfast!

Total hole in the wall. If you tell someone to go there, be sure to tell hem that its on the alley. Otherwise, you'll never find it without walking all the way around the building. I do think that is part of it's charm.

Praedura
06-06-2013, 09:47 AM
A bunch of us went and broke the place in after the RTD meeting. Had a great time! The appetizers were superb.

The place apparently serves breakfast!

Total hole in the wall. If you tell someone to go there, be sure to tell hem that its on the alley. Otherwise, you'll never find it without walking all the way around the building. I do think that is part of it's charm.

"A bunch of us went broke in the place" -- Sheesh, it must be expensive!

Oh wait, I read that wrong... :redface:

OKCTalker
06-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Had dinner last night at Peloton and it's a great little place. The inside bar seats around eight and has a 19th century industrial appearance similar to Whiskeycake and Packard, and the outside can handle around 25 at tables, half of which are covered, so it's all open to the elements. It is still a work in progress, but afternoon is shaded by the building, misters (and heaters) will likely be installed, along with soft walls and a cover of some kind similar to Wedge in Deep Deuce and Mantle in Bricktown. It was a beautiful evening and everyone was having a great time.

The food and wine were fantastic. On Steve Schlegel's recommendation we ordered four appetizers (including the smoked salmon with a chevre which was created by the late chef Chip Sears, brother of Leslie Schlegel), and a variety of half-sized portions. I saw a photo of the spinach salad posted earlier in the week and it looked terrific. All were exceptional and at very good prices, and the option to order small portions was appreciated.

The wine list was also very good. We had their last bottle of Foppiano Petite Sirah (we would have ordered another), followed by a Quattro Mani Montepulciano. They were out of the Achaval-Ferre Malbec (and a few other items) following a huge opening crush last week. You'll find a menu and wine & beer list in Pete's link to their Web page in Post #9 above.

We capped off the evening by walking three blocks to Packard and having a drink on the roof, watching the lightning from the approaching storm from the north, and the sparkling crown of the Devon tower to the south. We walked different routes to/from Packard, and there is so much happening at the street level in the Automobile Alley district.

catch22
06-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Yes this place is pretty cool.

I wouldn't call it a "hole in the wall" as Urban Pioneer put it. That to me gives the impression of a dive joint. Bad atmosphere but good food.

This place would be more of a hidden treasure. Very small but also looks good. Very big city feel.

I came late so didn't have a chance to try their food however. Looked top notch and from what I hear was very good.

Urban Pioneer
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Had the salmon, chevre twice, and toast points twice. So good... Also tried the hummus, meat/cheese plate, mixed greens, and the cuban panini. All ridiculously good.

And your right Catch22. "Hole in the wall" is probably more of a dive bar description. What I was trying to emphasize is that right now, it is a very hidden place. There was no street signage or other indicator that it is there. "Hidden treasure" is a totally accurate way to describe it.

OKCTalker
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
I like that it's a little hard to find - it keeps the crowds away.

To that end - Pete, can you lock & remove this thread? ;)

jbkrems
06-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Oh c'mon.... I went there yesterday for lunch and I was dissatisfied with the way the food was presented to me, and also some of the items, as well. I do not like their hummus. I also think their inside is too claustrophobic, and I probably won't be returning.

Urban Pioneer
06-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Hummus is def a matter of opinion. lol. Not really an inside joint unless you enjoy being cozy. It's def a patio bar. Suppossedly misters are bring installed to supress the heat.

soonerguru
06-12-2013, 11:06 PM
I get a kick out of people saying this and that are "big city." Why? Because OKC is becoming a big city and we're getting big city things we would expect to get. It will be a sad day when people fail to acknowledge something as being "big city" in the future. I look forward to that.

OKCTalker
06-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Oh c'mon.... I went there yesterday for lunch and I was dissatisfied with the way the food was presented to me, and also some of the items, as well. I do not like their hummus. I also think their inside is too claustrophobic, and I probably won't be returning.

I hope that you shared your suggestions with the owners instead of merely trashing them here. This is their first restaurant, they've been open less than two weeks, and they've opened at the worst time of year for a restaurant. They're building the airplane in flight. Mrs. Talker and I have been twice apiece with different groups of people, and everyone has been very happy.

If you want a better restaurant, then make your suggestions to people who can make it happen.

Teo9969
06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Didn't eat, but just sat out on the patio last night with a bottle of wine. Fantastic space really.

That's a neat little alley way, and I'd love to see those parking lots just to the east developed into restaurants and bars...Actually, this little area may have the bones to be the best busy entertainment district a la 6th St in Austin. It would obviously have a very different layout, but drop a parking garage on the lot(s) south of 8th with another wine-bar on the corner fronting 8th and the Alley, then:

Turn a couple of the buildings into brew houses.
Develop all the surface parking into restaurants and bars.
The lot right across from Pelotón should have a substantial patio (or even an astroturf lawn) front the Alley and at least a portion of 8th.

Then the entire district has "Train Tuesdays" where when a train comes by, everybody gets a free Bud Light, comes outside and yells "CHOO-CHOO" as loud as they can.

Okay, the last comment may be taking the idea a little too far...

nah, we need some communal fun :-)

Pete
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Steve Mason owns a couple of properties on 8th and the remainder is pretty much held by Meg Salyer.

You can bet some of the 9th Street magic will eventually come to 8th.

We really need to get some residential in that area; great place to live that will get much better with the streetcar.

Urban Pioneer
06-13-2013, 11:39 AM
For what its worth, Steve M is looking for someone with ideas for the space just east of Peloton on 8th. Its a pretty cool two story warehouse looking building tat used to be a furniture store. I think there is an old run down apt upstairs current defunct, from what I've been told. Opportunities abound.

Teo9969
06-13-2013, 12:25 PM
For what its worth, Steve M is looking for someone with ideas for the space just east of Peloton on 8th. Its a pretty cool two story warehouse looking building tat used to be a furniture store. I think there is an old run down apt upstairs current defunct, from what I've been told. Opportunities abound.

Looks like he owns both properties there. That was really where I was thinking a brew house (a la Belle Isle Brewery) would be perfect. They've got the space for the equipment, especially having a second story. And if that roof could withstand a rooftop bar...I just don't see how that does anything less than exceptional. The lot already has great neighbors with Iguana + S&B and if Pelotón/Hillbillies stay the course, then that addition I think would set the area on fire.

Plus there's already the possibility of the (presumably) residential development to the east of Oklahoma right SE of that area. Add in the Street Car going by this area...Can't see a better use of that facility based on it's surroundings. Being right on the tracks eliminates any possibility of residential. This is not an area particularly suited for office and the building is perhaps too big for residential.

bchris02
06-13-2013, 12:50 PM
I get a kick out of people saying this and that are "big city." Why? Because OKC is becoming a big city and we're getting big city things we would expect to get. It will be a sad day when people fail to acknowledge something as being "big city" in the future. I look forward to that.

I love that OKC is finally getting these cool, trendy establishments places like Tulsa have had for years. OKC has been a mindnumbingly undeserved market for so long that people are used to third rate bars and restaurants and when something cool comes in, people get excited. Many people even who live here, sometimes myself included, underestimate this city.

Pete
06-13-2013, 12:56 PM
You can see the OKC restaurant standards have been raised significantly, especially in the last few years.

A Good Egg Group deserves a lot of the credit and others have followed suit, at least partially just to keep up.

Expectations are higher across the board and the Internet means that word travels very fast and you'd better come out of the gates pretty strong, otherwise you'll go down hard and fast.

Teo9969
06-13-2013, 01:22 PM
You can see the OKC restaurant standards have been raised significantly, especially in the last few years.

A Good Egg Group deserves a lot of the credit and others have followed suit, at least partially just to keep up.

Expectations are higher across the board and the Internet means that word travels very fast and you'd better come out of the gates pretty strong, otherwise you'll go down hard and fast.

I'm cautious to say "a lot of the credit" here, because it doesn't leave much room for praise for a lot of other restaurants that have contributed an absolutely massive amount as well.

Hal Smith, corporatized as they are, have probably set the standard more than anyone else. None of their concepts are cream of the crop, but if you can't beat HSRG, then you probably don't have much of a place in this market.

Fleischfresser deserves a ton of praise for by and large educating the OKC palate either through his restaurants, or through the work of his students and their projects. (Ludivine, Guernsey, etc.)

Chris Lower has put out some fantastic concepts.

And then there's a host of individually owned restaurants that have really contributed to the quality of dining in this city.

Certainly I am happy to give AGEDG their very worthy praise, but I'd say they are really just contributing to a high level of competition as much as anything.

OKCTalker
06-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Over in the Western Avenue District thread they're talking about the opening of Drum Room and closing of Nova.

Tough business, restaurants.

Praedura
06-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Interior shot, from their facebook page:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/295507_527043203999457_1775814285_n.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527043203999457&set=a.419461268090985.85473.409640319073080&type=1)

Including, of course, the obligatory antler chandeliers. :wink:

Praedura
07-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Pic of the outdoor patio:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1073251_540855529284891_269319420_o.jpg?dl=1

Source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=540855529284891&set=a.419461268090985.85473.409640319073080&type=1

Somebody left their wine unattended... if I could only reach through the photo and grab a sip!
:)

no1cub17
07-13-2013, 04:58 PM
We tried it out last weekend. Liked the vibe. Went around 8 PM - for awhile we were the only two there but then a few larger parties arrived so they got some business. Oddity is that kitchen closes at 9 - seems a little early for a "downtown" establishment, although I believe Hillbilly also closes at 9. Food was pretty good - solid but not spectacular. Just needed a little more flavor. Service was excellent. This place definitely has potential. I like the idea of it - I wonder if they'll broaden their menu.

Urban Pioneer
07-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Packard's also closes their kitchen down at 9 most weekdays. Irritating...

soonerguru
07-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Packard's also closes their kitchen down at 9 most weekdays. Irritating...

Not very "big city." Hopefully someone will see the value in staying open and grab all the business.

no1cub17
01-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Just wanted to give this place a shoutout - wife and I randomly stopped here recently - we were having a nice stroll through AA (until an idiot driver damn near killed her) - and decided why not try it out again and have a glass of wine. We hadn't been in awhile but talking to the very friendly waitress, seems like Peloton has found a loyal following and is doing quite well. She brought out a few glasses for us of selections usually only sold by the bottle, which was a great touch. They do wine socials too! We'll definitely be back soon to have dinner. Great little place though - well worth checking out if anyone is ever in AA.

Pete
01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
Glad to hear the are doing well.

Easy to forget about them but my one visit was a very good experience.

Chadanth
01-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Glad to hear the are doing well.

Easy to forget about them but my one visit was a very good experience.

It's a great little patio spot. I have had lunch a few times and it's always been good.

RadicalModerate
01-28-2015, 09:52 PM
I've met the young gentleman behind the concept, in passing, a couple of times. If I was an Urbanista instead of a BurbDweller this place would be a Go-To Fer Shure spot. I'm not sure that the previous sentence did the place justice. All I know is that he's from Boulder, CO and continuing on a quest in the direction of Excellence. Glad to see that others have noticed.

Plutonic Panda
01-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to give this place a shoutout - wife and I randomly stopped here recently - we were having a nice stroll through AA (until an idiot driver damn near killed her)sorry about that. If that had been a highway though, I could have been driving faster with no worry.

I kid, I kid... I am glad your wife is ok.

no1cub17
01-29-2015, 10:11 PM
sorry about that. If that had been a highway though, I could have been driving faster with no worry.

I kid, I kid... I am glad your wife is ok.

Agreed - if only 10th St was an elevated 6 lane highway - we'd have walked below it and not across it!

CloudDeckMedia
09-17-2017, 11:01 AM
It appears that Peloton has closed. I haven't heard why, but I know that Leslie & Steve have been dealing with their son's serious health challenges. Wishing all of them the best.

CloudDeckMedia
10-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Steve Schlegel is looking to turn operations over to another owner/operator. He just posted this on Facebook:
Ever wanted to run your own Bar/Cafe/Restaurant? Tired of working for the Man? Well you may be in luck! We are looking for a new owner-operator to sublease the space behind Schlegel Bicycles formerly the Peloton Cafe. Nice quaint indoor seating at bar for 10-12 patrons and a great Patio "just off the alley"!
Space is currently 90% full of the equipment/cutlery that was used during its operation. Equipment can be purchased at a great discount or will also consider a leased to own. This could very much be a "turn key" situation or come up with your own new dinning/bar concept. Rent is very reasonable and initial start up investment could be very minimal as well. Please mention to your favorite food truck operator... great brick n mortar location.
Please email for more info: info@schlegelbicycles.com

John Knight
10-02-2017, 07:48 PM
I know that Taste of Soul was considering this location several months back, but that fell through.