View Full Version : Downtown Grocery Store

Pages : [1] 2 3

bchris02
06-04-2013, 11:48 PM
One of the things many people who live downtown or support downtown's growth want to see is a full-service grocery store. Native Roots is a start, but most people desire something larger. The thing is, we have to be careful what we wish for. Wal-Mart could easily put in a SuperCenter downtown which would be detrimental to developing the type of urban environment most want downtown to become. Steve mentioned a SuperTarget which could work if done right like this one in Charlotte.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4033/4492793740_5a647d923e_z.jpg

Another option would be something like a 2-story Crest Fresh Market, creating a lower overall footprint for the store but still enough square footage to have a full store. Something like that would also attract people from outside the downtown area being that people drive all the way from NW OKC to shop at Crest at 104th and S May.

Whatever ends up coming, somebody needs to get there before Wal-Mart does.

Does anybody think downtown is ready today for a grocery store and is anything possibly in the works?

Mississippi Blues
06-05-2013, 02:50 AM
I have no idea where OKC stands on being able to support one or if one is already in the works, but I think Target's CityTarget concept would be a great addition here. Even an urban Wal-Mart/Wal-Mart Express wouldn't be devilish, although I'd prefer a Target.

BDP
06-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Personally, I would not like to have anything of the "super" variety. For me the appeal of urban areas is the varitety of small shops in a walkable environment. I certainly wouldn't be outspoken against a super mart, as long as it didn't involve demolition or the creation of a vast parking lot that interrupts the urban landscape. But something more along the lines of a 10-20k square foot full service grocery would be more appealing. However just not sure how much interest the industry has in those type of stores. The best would be a collection of specialty markets and I like that those seem to be what we're seeing so far. If they can gain footing before a mega store comes in, then I think we can create a real urban option for people in Oklahoma City.

bchris02
06-05-2013, 07:23 AM
I have no idea where OKC stands on being able to support one or if one is already in the works, but I think Target's CityTarget concept would be a great addition here. Even an urban Wal-Mart/Wal-Mart Express wouldn't be devilish, although I'd prefer a Target.

The problem with Wal-Mart is anything they build is always suburban in nature and given the track record in places like Bricktown, I doubt the city would force them to change their design. Plus, fair or not, Wal-Mart has a stigma.

CaptDave
06-05-2013, 07:24 AM
A local alternative would be for Buy 4 Less to take their Uptown Grocery concept from Edmond to ... well, to town. The basic building design of the Edmond store would work very well in many locations but I think somewhere in Midtown would be great. Maybe on one of those huge open areas north of 10th?

bchris02
06-05-2013, 07:36 AM
A local alternative would be for Buy 4 Less to take their Uptown Grocery concept from Edmond to ... well, to town. The basic building design of the Edmond store would work very well in many locations but I think somewhere in Midtown would be great. Maybe on one of those huge open areas north of 10th?

I didn't think about this, but it would be perfect.

Just the facts
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
One of the biggest problems with the CityTarget concept is Wall Street. The concept was launched in early 2012 and by mid-2012 the Wall Street analyst were already calling it a failure and of course, we know what happens to companies who don't increase their stock value every quarter. Outside a few cities in the US urban living hasn't existed in any meaningful way for 50 years - and 6 months into rebuilding it one of the corporate pioneers is already taking the arrows.

warreng88
06-05-2013, 09:10 AM
I am curious what is the hold up on Braum's putting in one of their Fresh Market concepts in OKC around the DT/Midtown area. Their farm is in Tuttle and I would think a basic selection of bread, milk, eggs, cheese, meat, fruits, vegetables, not to mention ice cream and all the other stuff they offer would be a slam dunk.

BoulderSooner
06-05-2013, 09:20 AM
i think that they have a plan to replace their 16th and classen store

Pete
06-05-2013, 09:37 AM
i think that they have a plan to replace their 16th and classen store

Yes, they purchased land to the west of that site and will at some point rebuild with their new concept. And I'm sure they feel they are serving downtown and Midtown through that location.

Same can be said of the Safeway at 18th & Classen. That IS an urban grocery store and while not great, people tend to dismiss it.

Plutonic Panda
06-05-2013, 02:12 PM
A local alternative would be for Buy 4 Less to take their Uptown Grocery concept from Edmond to ... well, to town. The basic building design of the Edmond store would work very well in many locations but I think somewhere in Midtown would be great. Maybe on one of those huge open areas north of 10th?Don't you take my store away from meh now!!! lol, I think Up(Down)town grocery would be a huge success downtown no doubt though

Buffalo Bill
06-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes, they purchased land to the west of that site and will at some point rebuild with their new concept. And I'm sure they feel they are serving downtown and Midtown through that location.

Same can be said of the Safeway at 18th & Classen. That IS an urban grocery store and while not great, people tend to dismiss it.

Pete, you're showing your age.

I swear, it took me 5 years to stop calling that place Safeway.

adaniel
06-05-2013, 02:34 PM

The Homeland (formerly Safeway) could really be a decent store. Why they chose to not fix it up is beyond me. It can be borderline depressing to go there sometimes.

Its going to be a while before there are enough rooftops to support any sort of full scale grocery store downtown, which is usually about 10K households. At last check, we were slightly more than halfway there when including Heritage Hills and Mesta Park.

Until then, I am really trying to support Native Roots. Its not practical for basic everyday needs, but its very good for meats and veggies.

GaryOKC6
06-05-2013, 02:51 PM
The Homeland (formerly Safeway) could really be a decent store. Why they chose to not fix it up is beyond me. It can be borderline depressing to go there sometimes.

Its going to be a while before there are enough rooftops to support any sort of full scale grocery store downtown, which is usually about 10K households. At last check, we were slightly more than halfway there when including Heritage Hills and Mesta Park.

Until then, I am really trying to support Native Roots. Its not practical for basic everyday needs, but its very good for meats and veggies.

Homeland simply will not put any money into their stores. They have some nice stores but they are former Albertsons stores that were already nice when they bought them. I used to sell equipment to homeland and they were always looking for used stuff.

bchris02
06-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Homeland simply will not put any money into their stores. They have some nice stores but they are former Albertsons stores that were already nice when they bought them. I used to sell equipment to homeland and they were always looking for used stuff.

I am not sure that is completely the case. They are just very selective on the stores the put money into and they neglect the rest of them. Both Edmond locations are pretty nice. One was a former Albertson's and the other was not. I sometimes wish though a larger chain would buy up Homeland and actually put money into the currently neglected stores.

metro
06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Target has a new "Citi" concept, I emailed them the other day to get OKC on the list. Not very likely I'm sure, but at least it gets OKC's name out there for interest.

OKCisOK4me
06-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Pete, you're showing your age.

I swear, it took me 5 years to stop calling that place Safeway.

Safeway's still exist out west...

Pete
06-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Yes, sorry for the old Safeway reference!

Actually, Safeway only spun off the Oklahoma stores and remains the 2nd largest grocery chain in the U.S. with over 1,600 stores.

HangryHippo
06-05-2013, 05:00 PM

Actually, Safeway only spun off the Oklahoma stores and remains the 2nd largest grocery chain in the U.S. with over 1,600 stores.

That's a damn shame we were the only ones spun off. We might have seen some investment in this store.

Pete
06-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm amazed the Kroger chain hasn't ventured into Oklahoma.

The markets in OK are generally sub-standard and Kroger does a great job and offers excellent prices.

They operate out here in Cali as Ralph's and they are my go-to regular grocery store, supplemented by Costco and Trader Joe's.

soonerguru
06-05-2013, 06:49 PM
One of the biggest problems with the CityTarget concept is Wall Street. The concept was launched in early 2012 and by mid-2012 the Wall Street analyst were already calling it a failure and of course, we know what happens to companies who don't increase their stock value every quarter. Outside a few cities in the US urban living hasn't existed in any meaningful way for 50 years - and 6 months into rebuilding it one of the corporate pioneers is already taking the arrows.

Who gives an F what these flipping vampires think?

Plutonic Panda
06-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Target has a new "Citi" concept, I emailed them the other day to get OKC on the list. Not very likely I'm sure, but at least it gets OKC's name out there for interest.I'll email them as well. Do they have a specific email to reach at for the Citi stores or just whatever I find?

Plutonic Panda
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm amazed the Kroger chain hasn't ventured into Oklahoma.

The markets in OK are generally sub-standard and Kroger does a great job and offers excellent prices.

They operate out here in Cali as Ralph's and they are my go-to regular grocery store, supplemented by Costco and Trader Joe's.Kroger and Tom Thumb both. I was recently in Dallas and had a manager from Tom Thumb tell me that OKC is being looked at, but he said nothing more. Same story for almost everything it seems like. :/

bluedogok
06-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Safeway's still exist out west...
We have them in Denver. Kroger is operated under the King Soupers brand here, we rarely go to Safeway. Wal Mart Neighborhood Markets have opened up in the last year here as well.

They were also spun off in Texas because of the Milken junk bond scandal, in the Austin area they were called Apple Tree. My wife said the store by our house in South Austin was originally a Safeway, then was an Apple Tree, she isn't sure if they were bought out or closed up shop. A Hobby Lobby moved in there until they moved to Southpark Meadows and then a Sunflower opened up in there. Safeway now owns the Randall's/Tom Thumb chain in Texas.

soonergooner
06-06-2013, 02:58 AM
I am not sure that is completely the case. They are just very selective on the stores the put money into and they neglect the rest of them. Both Edmond locations are pretty nice. One was a former Albertson's and the other was not. I sometimes wish though a larger chain would buy up Homeland and actually put money into the currently neglected stores.

I have worked all three stores and while the former Albertsons are relatively nice, I can't portray 208 as anything but a dead store awaiting closing papers. Edmond Homelands are suffering from terminal lack of volume, the lifeblood of any grocery store. 208 is as nasty a place as I have been, but is probably more healthy than the other two as the lease expense difference so it may outlast the others. They are currently suffering from the pissing contest to see who shares Edmonds' grocery future . There are actually three Edmond homelands, Bryant, Broadway n 208. Broadway was also a former Albersons, former corp homeland office, that rocked many moons ago. It has since contracted the same disease as the other two and I believe is the most likely be the first to fall.

Just the facts
06-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Who gives an F what these flipping vampires think?

I share your disdain - but what can you do when companies sell their souls to a master that measures success and failure in nano-seconds. Look at our very own Chesapeake - 75% of the new CEO's income is tied directly to the stock price.

Couple that kind of corporate mentality with Oklahoma's liquor distribution laws and in the world of corporate grocery shopping Oklahoma is lucky to have a place to even buy groceries. Why should a national company build better stores in Oklahoma when they can spend that same money in other states and make more money off it? Oklahoma is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If you want better grocery stores, then allow the grocery chains to earn a higher return buy selling higher margin products. You guys would wet your pants if you could shop at even an average Publix we enjoy here in Florida.

bchris02
06-06-2013, 02:35 PM
I have worked all three stores and while the former Albertsons are relatively nice, I can't portray 208 as anything but a dead store awaiting closing papers. Edmond Homelands are suffering from terminal lack of volume, the lifeblood of any grocery store. 208 is as nasty a place as I have been, but is probably more healthy than the other two as the lease expense difference so it may outlast the others. They are currently suffering from the pissing contest to see who shares Edmonds' grocery future . There are actually three Edmond homelands, Bryant, Broadway n 208. Broadway was also a former Albersons, former corp homeland office, that rocked many moons ago. It has since contracted the same disease as the other two and I believe is the most likely be the first to fall.

I haven't been in 208, but the one on N Bryant has been remodeled similar to the N May/Britton flagship store. It would surprise me, as few stores as they actually put money into, they would close that one. 208 on the outside looks the worst of the three.

Unfortunately Wal-Mart will probably win out just like it has everywhere else in the metro area.

bchris02
06-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I share your disdain - but what can you do when companies sell their souls to a master that measures success and failure in nano-seconds. Look at our very own Chesapeake - 75% of the new CEO's income is tied directly to the stock price.

Couple that kind of corporate mentality with Oklahoma's liquor distribution laws and in the world of corporate grocery shopping Oklahoma is lucky to have a place to even buy groceries. Why should a national company build better stores in Oklahoma when they can spend that same money in other states and make more money off it? Oklahoma is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If you want better grocery stores, then allow the grocery chains to earn a higher return buy selling higher margin products. You guys would wet your pants if you could shop at even an average Publix we enjoy here in Florida.

Wal-Mart is the only national chain in OKC. Whole Foods and Sprouts are specialty so they don't count. For regular shopping, Albertson's was the last one left and Wal-Mart ran it out of town back in 2007. Liquor isn't the only reason grocery shopping in OKC is so dismal. It's because where else has Wal-Mart built such a high concentration of Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets? Others simply cannot compete. In addition, Tulsa has Reasor's and Fresh Market and they are under the same liquor laws as OKC.

GaryOKC6
06-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Wal-Mart is not the cheapest by far. I live by the Belle Isle Wal-Mart and drive to buy for Less to buy groceries. I am a very careful grocery shopper and know the prices of the items that I buy most. When I am in Wal-Mart I notice that they are definitely higher.

Rover
06-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Wal-Mart is not the cheapest by far. I live by the Belle Isle Wal-Mart and drive to buy for Less to buy groceries. I am a very careful grocery shopper and know the prices of the items that I buy most. When I am in Wal-Mart I notice that they are definitely higher.

I appreciate being a smart shopper, but this lowest price regardless mentality and practice in OKC is what lends companies to believe OKC will not support more up scale and full service businesses. Many people buy on price only and don't recognize the differences in offerings or quality and view groceries (and clothes, and other consumer goods) as commodities only.

Until we consistently prove we will recognize and reward quality, the better retailers aren't coming in. That is why the success of stores like Whole Foods is essential.

Rover
06-06-2013, 04:13 PM
BTW, I am not saying WalMart is quality...far from it.

Spartan
06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah, Wal-Mart is definitely not the cheapest. I find that up here Target is cheaper, and of course Trader Joe's simply can not be beat. That is what OKC needs to be in an uproar trying to get. TJ's has changed my life... that and the local indoor market which has the best fresh Amish cheese, bratwurst and other sausage varieties, corned beef, artisan bread, pierogies, etc. But TJ's is awesome, too.

kbsooner
06-06-2013, 09:12 PM
The problem with Wal-Mart is anything they build is always suburban in nature and given the track record in places like Bricktown, I doubt the city would force them to change their design. Plus, fair or not, Wal-Mart has a stigma.

This is not wholly true. In the central US, yes, where land is ample and cheap. They made a big push in Cali last year, and they are buying/leasing many old and empty retail spaces in semi dense neighborhoods. That being said, I doubt the Downtown OKC area has enough density yet to make them take notice, but it could in a couple of years. They are always playing with smaller concepts, article below is an excellent example.

UFCW 324 (http://ufcw324.org/Current_Events/News/Walmart_Express_hits_Chicago/)

bluedogok
06-06-2013, 09:28 PM
The WB Neighborhood Markets here have gone into former Albertson's stores. There are still three Albertson's that I know of here, one is the closest grocery store to our house in Aurora.

traxx
06-07-2013, 01:02 PM

I think this is an idea that hasn't gotten talked about enough. This would be perfect downtown. If you could just take the Edmond store, right click, copy, paste - it would fit in well downtown.

Praedura
06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I think this is an idea that hasn't gotten talked about enough. This would be perfect downtown. If you could just take the Edmond store, right click, copy, paste - it would fit in well downtown.

Some photos, just for reference:

A rendering:

http://static.npaper-wehaa.com/pub-files/12293670174946a6e9878be/pub/OKCBiz-07-01-2011_13082406604dfa2b14a1291/lib/13082469404dfa439c2eeee.jpg

The real thing:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tZpOjIJRA1Q/T06XtvxBoTI/AAAAAAAACJ4/SsX6Od-OTLg/s800/uptown+1.jpg

http://pp2.walk.sc/full/production/17369.jpg

HangryHippo
06-07-2013, 01:44 PM
What does the inside look like?

mkjeeves
06-07-2013, 01:46 PM
My kids in Chicago use Peapod delivery a fair amount. (When they aren't shopping at whole foods.) I also see where Amazon is expanding their home grocery delivery too. Seems like a bizop for someone bullish on OKC downtown (if only short term until Amazon or a major player takes over the territory).

traxx
06-07-2013, 01:59 PM

uptown grocery edmond - Bing Images (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=uptown+grocery+edmond&qs=AS&sk=&FORM=QBIR&pq=uptown%20grocer&sc=8-13&sp=1&qs=AS&sk=)

Praedura
06-07-2013, 02:11 PM
uptown grocery edmond - Bing Images (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=uptown+grocery+edmond&qs=AS&sk=&FORM=QBIR&pq=uptown%20grocer&sc=8-13&sp=1&qs=AS&sk=)

Yeah, based on those pics, I'd say it looks pretty nice inside.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_7X1UnLQDUY/T06eybLgKHI/AAAAAAAACKY/hQzkWyY6VAQ/s800/uptown+3.jpg

CaptDave
06-07-2013, 02:11 PM

One section looks like a conventional grocery store and the other side has a deli with prepared foods, large cheese bar, bakery, and small cafe area. Kind of like a smaller reasonably priced WF.

Thanks for posting the photos Traxx - I thought about doing it after realizing many people may not have seen Uptown.

HangryHippo
06-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Impressive. Looks like it'd be a great fit downtown.

bchris02
06-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Uptown Grocery is the kind of store that is the standard in most cities. Crest Fresh Market is a similar concept though not quite as upscale in appearance. I would love for both of these Oklahoma companies - Crest and Buy 4 Less to build several more stores in the metro to finally challenge Wal-Mart's dominance and to force Homeland to compete or go out of business.

Uptown Grocety would be perfect for downtown.

Pete
10-05-2015, 12:17 PM
While we wait for Uptown and perhaps Sprouts downtown, I wanted to point out a few things...

As I've mentioned elsewhere, the Homeland at 18th and Classen isn't that bad. Far, far better than not having that store at all and since I'll be living in SoSA, it will be my go-to store.

But there are actually quite a few food stores in downtown nobody talks about. In addition to the awesome Native Roots, there is also now a pretty good home delivery service.

Also, while not glamorous, there is a Family Dollar at 11th & Classen that I can and have walked to. I was pretty darn surprised to find out how much food they carry, both packaged stuff and a large frozen section. They also have tons of sundries and drug store type stuff and most the big brand names. I had never in my life been in a dollar store but was pleasantly surprised. I'll walk over there a lot to get a small item when needed. There is another on 23rd near Robinson.

I guarantee that Family Dollar on Classen will get tons of business once the neighboring LIFT and Frank apartments open for business. It's darn handy.

There is also a Circle K in Bricktown, a Shell station at 6th & Walker and the Downtown Market on Broadway just north of the Buick Building. And a 7-11 at 10th & Western.

There are simply more options than apparent. Even if a Sprouts opened at 4th & EKG and/or an Uptown Market opened in Midtown, I'd still walk to Family Dollar or even that Shell station for little things.

Considering most people living downtown are just one or two people in a household, you simply don't need a huge grocery store most the time.

bchris02
10-05-2015, 12:21 PM
CVS at Classen and 23rd also has quite a few basics.

I haven't been in them, but there are a few Asian supermarkets in the Asian district. I am not sure how much regular food they sell but I know they at least have produce.

Uptown Grocery in Midtown will be amazing and hopefully it happens sooner rather than later. If not, hopefully the rumor of Homeland upgrading their Classen store pans out.

Pete
10-05-2015, 12:25 PM
I don't think many people are walking to that CVS or Walgreens at 23rd & Classen.

However, especially after LIFT and the Frank open, you can bet lots of people will be walking to that Family Dollar. It's a nice little amenity for that area and I'm darn glad it's there.

I can also ride my bike to the Homeland.

sooner88
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
CVS at Classen and 23rd also has quite a few basics.

I haven't been in them, but there are a few Asian supermarkets in the Asian district. I am not sure how much regular food they sell but I know they at least have produce.

Uptown Grocery in Midtown will be amazing and hopefully it happens sooner rather than later. If not, hopefully the rumor of Homeland upgrading their Classen store pans out.

Super Cao Nguyen is great for produce, seafood (haven't bought chicken, beef, etc.) and has tons of other groceries, Asian or otherwise. A lot of restaurants buy from them, so you can buy in bulk sizes if you need to.

zookeeper
10-05-2015, 12:29 PM
I don't think many people are walking to that CVS or Walgreens at 23rd & Classen.

However, especially after LIFT and the Frank open, you can bet lots of people will be walking to that Family Dollar. It's a nice little amenity for that area and I'm darn glad it's there.

I can also ride my bike to the Homeland.

Family Dollar is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love that store and I think some of it has to do with its layout reminding me of TG&Y. It's also a very handy store to have close by as they really do have a little of everything.

Pete
10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
There is also something called the Nutritional Food Center on the SE corner of 10th & Classen.

In one of my many walks, I checked it out because I had no idea what was inside.

Simply put, it was the most shockingly depressing food store I have ever seen.

They are in the process of consolidating to the northern half of the building but even with that the place looked like a Russian supermarket, the shelves were so bare.

The floor was this nasty old carpet that was tattered and bunched up and the whole place smelled off.

In talking to the woman working there, it's been owned by the same family for quite a while and they also own the building they occupy and the land to the south. An enterprising developer could buy them out and do something great there. I've never quite seen anything like that place and of course, there was absolutely no one else in there the entire time.

zookeeper
10-05-2015, 12:34 PM
There is also something called the Nutritional Food Center on the SE corner of 10th & Classen.

In one of my many walks, I checked it out because I had no idea what was inside.

Simply put, it was the most shockingly depressing food store I have ever seen.

They are in the process of consolidating to the northern half of the building but even with that the place looked like a Russian supermarket, the shelves were so bare.

The floor was this nasty old carpet that was tattered and bunched up and the whole place smelled off.

In talking to the woman working there, it's been owned by the same family for quite a while and they also own the building they occupy and the land to the south. An enterprising developer could buy them out and do something great there. I've never quite seen anything like that place and of course, there was absolutely no one else in there the entire time.

Oh, yes. They've had it since the '50s. It was once the premier vitamin shop/health store in Oklahoma City. I remember they had a cardboard Jack LaLane in a display selling his products that tied into his TV show. It wasn't run down then, but it's always had an old-time feeling.

Pete
10-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Family Dollar is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love that store and I think some of it has to do with its layout reminding me of TG&Y. It's also a very handy store to have close by as they really do have a little of everything.

Haha... It IS like a TG&Y! I hadn't thought of that.

CVS and Walgreens are like modern day versions of TG&Y but Family Dollar is more like the old school version. A little of everything packed in tight on cheap shelving and usually pretty messy.

When I was last in town, I really needed some Advil and it was a great pleasure to walk through SoSA to that store and get exactly what I needed in no time flat, and for a decent price -- much better than a convenience store. I can see doing that sort of thing often and it's a million times easier than jumping in your car, parking, dealing with a big store and the inevitable check out lines... All for just a thing or two.

chuck5815
10-05-2015, 01:33 PM
it would be amazing if the CBD could get a concept like Cosentinos. the one in downtown KC strikes the perfect balance between prepared food and generic grocery items.

Downtown | Cosentino's (http://cosentinos.com/downtown/)

soonermike81
10-05-2015, 03:37 PM
it would be amazing if the CBD could get a concept like Cosentinos. the one in downtown KC strikes the perfect balance between prepared food and generic grocery items.

Downtown | Cosentino's (http://cosentinos.com/downtown/)

Yes, something like this would be awesome. Seems very similar to Jimmy's Food Store in Dallas. Many grocery items, but a huge deli for prepared foods as well. Some of the sandwiches at Jimmy's are amazing!

https://www.jimmysfoodstore.com/

Brett
10-06-2015, 03:31 AM
Yes, something like this would be awesome. Seems very similar to Jimmy's Food Store in Dallas. Many grocery items, but a huge deli for prepared foods as well. Some of the sandwiches at Jimmy's are amazing!

https://www.jimmysfoodstore.com/

I can vouch that Jimmy's hot Italian beef sandwiches are excellent.

soonermike81
10-06-2015, 09:21 AM
I can vouch that Jimmy's hot Italian beef sandwiches are excellent.

MMMM, with hot giardiniera! Closest thing I could find in Dallas to an actual Chicago Italian Beef sandwich.

Jessica N
10-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi All - I received an email earlier this week informing me that representatives from Homeland would like community help completing the survey linked below in order to gain insight on how to make the Homeland at Classen and 18th more enjoyable to shoppers.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Homeland153

Please, please, please take the survey so that Homeland can capture our feedback and strive to better provide for the community's needs. Feel free to pass along the link as well!

Canoe
10-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Done. Thank you for the link.

Pete
10-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Thanks for that!

I completed the survey.

This is a good sign!

bchris02
10-08-2015, 09:40 PM
I filled it out as well. Hopefully a renovation ends up happening!

ljbab728
10-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Surely they have to understand that, if they are ever going to consider upgrading that store, it needs to be done before another one opens up anywhere in the downtown area.