View Full Version : where can I donate clothes for tornado victims?

decepticobra
05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
I would like to help out tornado victims. I am in a position right now where unfortunately I am not able to make a monetary donation, but would like to help out in the only way that I am able at the moment.

I have many nice gently used clothes that I would like to see given to those in need who have lost everything, including their wardrobe.

If you know of any place in the okc metro area that is accepting clothing donations. please reply to this thread with contact details. thanks.

ljbab728
05-26-2013, 09:42 PM
I would like to help out tornado victims. I am in a position right now where unfortunately I am not able to make a monetary donation, but would like to help out in the only way that I am able at the moment.

I have many nice gently used clothes that I would like to see given to those in need who have lost everything, including their wardrobe.

If you know of any place in the okc metro area that is accepting clothing donations. please reply to this thread with contact details. thanks.

Home | Goodwill (http://www.okgoodwill.org/)

ou48A
05-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Sombody said they have too many clothes

ljbab728
05-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Sombody said they have too many clothes

Goodwill can always use clothes so donate away.

ou48A
05-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Goodwill can always use clothes so donate away.

Good will probably could use them, but the tornado victims supposedly have plenty clothes and that’s what he was asking about.

ljbab728
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Good will probably could use them, but the tornado victims supposedly have plenty clothes and that’s what he was asking about.

I completely understand that. It's still quite appropriate to donate anyway.
Do you have some official word that they don't need any clothing donated? I hadn't heard that.

ou48A
05-26-2013, 10:04 PM
I completely understand that. It's still quite appropriate to donate anyway.
Do you have some official word that they don't need any clothing donated? I hadn't heard that.

I can’t remember who said it, but was several days ago...... but that’s pretty standard fare on something like this…..
Most people just go buy new clothes.

ljbab728
05-26-2013, 10:11 PM
I can’t remember who said it, but was several days ago...... but that’s pretty standard fare on something like this…..
Most people just go buy new clothes.

That's possible, but I certainly wouldn't want to suggest that someone who says the only way they could help is to donate clothing shouldn't bother.

betts
05-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Even if people affected by the tornado don't need clothes, charities like the Salvation Army sell donated clothing and use the money to fund their charities. So donated clothing can also indirectly help the tornado victims as well.

kevinpate
05-27-2013, 04:52 AM
I believe the Bob Moore auto locations are accepting donations, along with Mathis Brothers and numerous churches. Not certain if tv9 is still taking items at their parking lot but they were for a few days.

Jim Kyle
05-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Last night the David Stanley TV commercials specifically mentioned clothes as items they would collect, but the Bob Moore commercials did not -- they only mentioned supplies...

ou48A
05-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Even if people affected by the tornado don't need clothes, charities like the Salvation Army sell donated clothing and use the money to fund their charities. So donated clothing can also indirectly help the tornado victims as well.

This^ would certainly be true and it may be the best way to donate clothing.

mkjeeves
05-28-2013, 03:49 AM
This isn't metro but it came up on a facebook relief effort site:

Not all donation sites are refusing clothing.

Heart 4 Children Ministries, Inc (http://www.facebook.com/heart4childrenministries.org) is still accepting kid clothing. What we need most are the sizes above a 5T. Our drop off location is at 3rd and Minnesota in Chickasha or you can call (405) 474-5505.

I think something was mentioned about Feed the Children locally too. You might call them.