View Full Version : Great Article written By KOCO 5 Chief Damon Lane

Tydude
05-24-2013, 12:25 PM
This is a fantastic article that Damon wrote right after This past Monday Tornadoes
Moore tornado: A personal note from Damon Lane - Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com (http://www.koco.com/weather/a-personal-note-from-damon-lane/-/9845544/20284428/-/4oogb/-/index.html)

Mel
05-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Well written and meaningful. It would be hard to keep your cool knowing your own family is in danger.

zookeeper
05-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Did his house get hit and destroyed? He gets very personal, but then never tells the outcome. What a hard thing to try to keep composure knowing your home and family are in the crosshairs. They all did a great job Monday.

Bellaboo
05-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Did his house get hit and destroyed? He gets very personal, but then never tells the outcome. What a hard thing to try to keep composure knowing your home and family are in the crosshairs. They all did a great job Monday.

Don't think so, his addition was just to the South of the path, IIRC.

zookeeper
05-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Don't think so, his addition was just to the South of the path, IIRC.

Good to hear! So many stories involved with this. It's hard to believe it happened just four days ago, seems like forever. Those days down in Moore must seem like years to people waiting for insurance companies, waiting, waiting, waiting. I see everyone is allowed back to their homes, or lots, today.

Tydude
05-24-2013, 02:40 PM
he house got some small damage but it still standing

OKCisOK4me
05-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Surely their insurance checks will be direct deposit right? I mean, where do you receive something like that when you have no mailbox and your post office is leveled?

kevinpate
05-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Surely their insurance checks will be direct deposit right? I mean, where do you receive something like that when you have no mailbox and your post office is leveled?

Sometimes hand delivered by the agent or adjuster, sometimes delivered at insured's request to a relative address, sometimes picked up at the agent's office.
Never lost a home in a storm, but I've had more than one or two drafts from settlements with my insurance folk over the decades. I've actually never had a claim funded via a direct deposit, though I imagine that could be another possibility.

Urbanized
05-25-2013, 12:31 PM
He leaves you with the impression that his house was destroyed. Considering it wasn't, inclusion of that info would not have diminished his story, but omission of same DOES diminish it. That said, it's impressive that he remained professional in the face of what seemed like assured destruction of his home and possibly of his loved ones.