View Full Version : Some Open and some close...

SoonerQueen
05-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Looks like Meiki's on the NW Expressway has closed.
Portofino's on N Rockwell has closed.
Margarita's on N May has moved across the street and is now at the old Custino's location.

Just thought I'd pass on the info.

Roger S
05-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Wow.... Meiki's had been in OKC forever it seemed like.

RadicalModerate
05-23-2013, 08:00 AM
I hear from one of the people actually involved in the effort that Peloton is opening soon.
It's downtown, adjacent to that big bicycle shop. Probably has something to do with naming the place Peloton.

He suggested that I give it about a month or so before trying it out to make sure it was functioning like a well-oiled derailleur.
(actually i added the bicycle-related simile but he knows it will take time to become as good as it will be. =)

Larry OKC
05-23-2013, 04:21 PM
i remember when Meiki's was on 39th street, went there a couple of times, then they moved out to NW Expressway and completely forgot about them..

RadicalModerate
05-24-2013, 01:46 PM
i remember when Meiki's was on 39th street, went there a couple of times, then they moved out to NW Expressway and completely forgot about them..

Meiki's was an Italian Restaurant . . . right?
I think I read several reviews of the place indicating that it was. And pretty darn good, too!
But the name always confused me on account of it looked so . . . i dunno . . . Japanese or whatever.
Due to this confusion, I never ate at either location and I'm afraid I am the poorer for the semantic dissonance.

(i imagine that it isn't often that one could have a heapin' pile of Lasagne or Spaghetti delivered to one's table by a waitress dressed like a Geisha. closest i ever came to that was having some Sushi delivered by a waitress dressed like a Custino . . . but that's another saga for a different thread.)

Roger S
05-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Meiki's was an Italian Restaurant . . . right?
I think I read several reviews of the place indicating that it was. And pretty darn good, too!

Yes it was Italian..... I would of called it blue collar cuisine. It was good food at a good price but it was by no means a reason to drive across town for Italian.

Richard at Remax
06-11-2013, 09:54 AM
I didn't know where to ask this but ive been looking for some kind of list of all the new places opening up/have opened in the DT, midtown, deep deuce, ect areas to go try. Places like Packards, the PoBoy place, Mule, ect. Thanks