View Full Version : Now this is sickening!(Westboro Protest at Moore Funeral)

Plutonic Panda
05-23-2013, 12:29 AM
New Oklahoma Law Restricts Funeral Protests - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com | (http://www.newson6.com/story/14468678/new-oklahoma-law-restricts-funeral-protests)BTW This bill is good, the protest is what sickens me!)

What a bunch of low life bastards! This is sickening to say the least. The Westboro is protesting at a funeral of one of the deceased tornado victims in Moore. Thankfully, A new bill is being passed to prohibit this kind of crap, but I can't believe they're here again doing it.

Hopefully they will be stopped from protesting at this funeral.

The Westboro Baptist group plans to protest the funeral of a young tornado victim this Friday. A new Oklahoma law will restrict the protest and protect the grieving families.

From the Oklahoma Nations Facebook page and the response from Oklahomans is reassuring that this won't play. https://www.facebook.com/OklahomaFans?hc_location=stream

Hawk405359
05-23-2013, 06:03 AM
They feed off attention. Don't provide it, and they won't have anyone to yell at.

SoonerBoy18
05-23-2013, 06:11 AM
They are going to hell

kelroy55
05-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Hopefully the rain will keep them away.

kevinpate
05-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey! What if them folk over there ain't really protesters. What if to some folk they resemble sign looters instead?

Snowman
05-23-2013, 07:40 PM
They feed off attention. Don't provide it, and they won't have anyone to yell at.

Now they can be ignored at a greater distance

OSUMom
05-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't know if this is true or not, but this is floating around facebook:

Westboro BAPTIST church at the Comfort Inn in Norman OK. Do what you will with that information ;)

So.... do what you will.

ljbab728
05-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't know if this is true or not, but this is floating around facebook:

Westboro BAPTIST church at the Comfort Inn in Norman OK. Do what you will with that information ;)

So.... do what you will.

Are you suggesting that some tires might be losing air pressure? LOL

hoya
05-23-2013, 10:07 PM
It will be very sad when a very small tornado lands on their protest site. Did you know that tornadoes sometimes chop people up with a chainsaw and stuff their bodies into plastic bags? The wind does crazy things sometimes.

Sheriff: This looks like the work of a tornado to me. Darn shame.
Deputy: Yup, tornado. You sure are smart, Sheriff.

Bunty
05-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Maybe they would finally shut up and quite protesting if a tornado wiped out their church in Topeka while leaving the gay rainbow church nearby untouched.

pw405
05-24-2013, 11:49 AM
I am hearing that they have been arrested and may sit in jail until tuesday because of the holiday. Can't get any official confirmation of this though. Anybody else hear the same?

OSUMom
05-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I am hearing that they have been arrested and may sit in jail until tuesday because of the holiday. Can't get any official confirmation of this though. Anybody else hear the same?

I hope that is true. That would be sweet!

ou48A
05-24-2013, 12:19 PM
According to KTOK they checked with the local police and nobody knew of any arrests as of about 20 minutes ago.

OKCTalker
05-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Nobody knows anything! Sounds like Sgt. Schultz in Hogan's Heroes. ;)

king183
05-24-2013, 12:49 PM

I hate and despise these people as much as the next red blooded Oklahoman, but I cringe every time I hear someone call for them to be arrested. It is not "awesome." What they do is disgusting and uncivilized, but it's unAmerican to call for their arrest while they are exercising a Constitutionally-protected right. Doing so is advocating the use of the power of government in an extremely dangerous manner.

The better response is to form a human wall to block them from view, which is exactly what happened, to a much more powerful effect.

Tydude
05-24-2013, 01:53 PM
This is from KOCO 5 about the group: a quick update for everybody asking about Westboro Baptist Church. Nobody from that group was arrested, and -- in fact -- nobody from that group is even in OKLAHOMA. That comes from both Moore Police and Oklahoma City Police. So, everything you've heard about them being in Norman at the Comfort Inn, harassing rescue workers, or protesting this morning's funeral and getting arrested -- it's all false. Abject rumor. They're not even here, and that's a good thing. :-)

Martin
05-24-2013, 02:03 PM
^
that's what i was thinking... i checked a couple days ago and nothing on their site indicated that they were even going to be here. -M

RadicalModerate
05-24-2013, 02:10 PM
This is from KOCO 5 about the group: a quick update for everybody asking about Westboro Baptist Church. Nobody from that group was arrested, and -- in fact -- nobody from that group is even in OKLAHOMA. That comes from both Moore Police and Oklahoma City Police. So, everything you've heard about them being in Norman at the Comfort Inn, harassing rescue workers, or protesting this morning's funeral and getting arrested -- it's all false. Abject rumor. They're not even here, and that's a good thing. :-)

Local United Police Media Spokesperson:
"Yup . . . They never showed . . . Or mebbe 'went to OZ' instead, if you know what i mean . . . (wink, wink)... It's what we call "Collateral Improvement."

(don't jump on me for being heartless. Post #9 started it . . . well, really Fred "The Fried" Phelps did.)

mkjeeves
05-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Someone hacked their God Hates Oklahoma site, put a picture of Jesus shooting a bird with the words "Westboro Baptist Church Even Jesus Hates You" and a redirect to the Red Cross page.

http://www.ibtimes.com/westboro-baptist-churchs-god-hates-oklahoma-site-hacked-hilarious-fashion-1276813

Plutonic Panda
05-24-2013, 03:59 PM
This is from KOCO 5 about the group: a quick update for everybody asking about Westboro Baptist Church. Nobody from that group was arrested, and -- in fact -- nobody from that group is even in OKLAHOMA. That comes from both Moore Police and Oklahoma City Police. So, everything you've heard about them being in Norman at the Comfort Inn, harassing rescue workers, or protesting this morning's funeral and getting arrested -- it's all false. Abject rumor. They're not even here, and that's a good thing. :-)I've been hearing that from a few people, hope you're right!!!!!!!!!

Midtowner
05-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Just ignore them.

Cocaine
05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
How about if they do decide to protest just every one who has an open carry permit stands in front of their protest and blocks them from being seen. That's the only way they to stop them and beat them at their game. Unless they're just bluffing we all know they live on hype and controversy.

OSUMom
05-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Westboro Baptist Church Chickens Out Of Protesting Oklahoma Tornado Victims? Funerals (http://www.inquisitr.com/674911/westboro-baptist-church-chickens-out-of-protesting-oklahoma-tornado-victims-funerals/)

"Fred Phelps Jr., the son of Westboro Baptist Church minister Fred Phelps, blamed the destructive tornado on Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. Ignoring the meteorological reasons explaining the tornado, and the fact that Moore sits in the midst of “Tornado Alley,” Phelps insisted that the tornado really struck was because God was mad that Durant supported gay player Jason Collins."

I didn't realize they blamed the tornado on Kevin Durant.

RadicalModerate
05-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I think someone needs to start promoting a cage fight to the death between Fred Phelps and Alex Jones over differing opinions regarding tornado formation causation.

Plutonic Panda
05-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Westboro Baptist Church Chickens Out Of Protesting Oklahoma Tornado Victims? Funerals (http://www.inquisitr.com/674911/westboro-baptist-church-chickens-out-of-protesting-oklahoma-tornado-victims-funerals/)

"Fred Phelps Jr., the son of Westboro Baptist Church minister Fred Phelps, blamed the destructive tornado on Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. Ignoring the meteorological reasons explaining the tornado, and the fact that Moore sits in the midst of “Tornado Alley,” Phelps insisted that the tornado really struck was because God was mad that Durant supported gay player Jason Collins."

I didn't realize they blamed the tornado on Kevin Durant.You have to wonder if these people really believe what they're saying.

soonerguru
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I think someone needs to start promoting a cage fight to the death between Fred Phelps and Alex Jones over differing opinions regarding tornado formation causation.

Geez is Alex Jones for real? Can anyone be that much of a nutter butter?

RadicalModerate
05-26-2013, 10:50 PM
I'd say that Phabulous Phred Phelps is giving him a run for the money, nutter butter-wise . . .
but my money would be on Alex in that cage fight.

(Alex has superpowers from being close to that Owl/Molech statue in Bohemian Grove . . .
the Phabulous Phred just has some weak, run of the mill Topeka powers.)