View Full Version : Charitable $ for Moore.. (companies, celebs)

Pages : [1] 2

icecold
05-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Chesapeake-- $1 million
Devon--------$ 2.5 million
Durant--------$ 1 million (amazing)

What other companies will step up? Continental Resources, Sandridge, Midfirst, Loves???...Who knows, maybe even Hobby Lobby.

Matt Kemp -- $1,000 per home run hit now until all star break (has only 2 so far, probably could have done something better unless he goes on a tear, but still generous nonetheless)

icecold
05-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Continental Resources--$2.5 million
OG&E------------------$500,000
OKC Thunder-----------$1 million

warreng88
05-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Russell Westbrook? It wouldn't surprise me to see Nick Collison donate either. Toby Keith maybe Wayne Coyne?

warreng88
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
The Thunder matched KD's donation for another $1 million.

warreng88
05-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Continental matching Devon's gift of $2.5 million. OG&E donating $500,000.

Martin
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
maybe garth brooks will donate if we promise to name the tornado after one of his relatives? -M

king183
05-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Westbrook has matched KD's donation.

Midtowner
05-21-2013, 12:45 PM
maybe garth brooks will donate if we promise to name the tornado after one of his relatives? -M

Hilarious.

icecold
05-21-2013, 12:53 PM
George Kaiser Family Foundation....$1 million

OSUMom
05-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Not on par with all the big money but McNeilles is giving 100% of the profit off all Oklahoma beers to the red cross until the end of the month.

warreng88
05-21-2013, 01:38 PM
So just to recap so far by amount:

Devon Energy: $2.5 million
Continental Resources: $2.5 million
Chesapeake Energy: $1 million
OKC Thunder: $1 million
George Kaiser family Foundation: $1 million
OG&E: $1 million
Phillips 66: $1 million
Conoco Phillips: $1 million
NBA & NBAP: $1 million
Kevin Durant: $1 million
Russell Westbrook: $1 million
Matt Kemp: $1,000 per home run (hope he breaks the record this year...)
McNellie's: 100% of profit from Oklahoma beer sales.

That makes $14 million so far.

BoomerSooner06
05-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Phillips 66 donating $1 million.

adaniel
05-21-2013, 01:48 PM

That makes $11 million so far.

This is awesome!

Does anyone know if there was this kind of support occurred during 5/3/99?

Richard at Remax
05-21-2013, 01:50 PM
NBA and NBAPA donated $1 million

BoomerSooner06
05-21-2013, 01:56 PM
ConocoPhillips announces $1 million donation. They will also match 100% of all employee contributions.

zookeeper
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
And then there's things like this all over the country.

http://i.imgur.com/kHX2wSP.jpg

UnFrSaKn
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma | News OK (http://newsok.com/red-cross-text-donations-not-designated-for-oklahoma/article/3828381)

venture
05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma | News OK (http://newsok.com/red-cross-text-donations-not-designated-for-oklahoma/article/3828381)

I figured that would be pretty well known.

Texting "Food" to 32333 goes to the regional food bank which is local though. That's what I did.

catch22
05-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Red Cross does have economy of scale....Sid is right.

After all is said and done, give what you can. A lot of groups are involved and every little bit will help with this effort.

venture
05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I think giving to local groups is great too. I just don't think people should not give to the Red Cross simply because the funds are used at multiple disaster locations. Every human needs helps in this situations and they are there for everyone, not just Okies.

Please give freely to the Red Cross. They were on scene and are helping our friends in Moore. They are a top-notch organization.

Give local too if you want but man, it's just hard to beat what the Red Cross does with every dollar you give them.

Indeed. Nothing against the Red Cross at all. Heavens knows they have probably put more into Oklahoma than what they actually take in from the state alone.

yukong
05-21-2013, 08:21 PM
If you will remember, in Joplin, after a short time, there was a benefit concert in Joplin with a lot of performers and groups that raised money for the victims. With the musical talent in this state, one of these guys/gals should organize a benefit to be held at OU Memorial Stadium. Just think what a benefit concert with Toby, Garth, Reba, Vince, Trisha, Amy, Blake, Miranda, the Lips, All American Rejects, Jimmy Webb, etc would raise. They could get over 100,000 people in there with seating on the field. Charge could just be a donation. Just $10 from each audience member would be $1,000,000.00 And it would bring in more. Ask people to bring clothing or food or whatever. Collection stations could be positioned throughout. It would raise untold resources. Each star could sing just a song or two. It could be the biggest benefit concert ever. With our talent above. All natural born or adopted Okies. It would be awesome. Who could I contact to see about trying to get this done?

s00nr1
05-21-2013, 10:26 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all but I have yet to see confirmation of Russell's donation.

icecold
05-21-2013, 10:35 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all but I have yet to see confirmation of Russell's donation.

+1..I havent seen anything from Darnell or Dailythunder. However, Westbrook, Coach Brooks and other players were at OU Childrens Hospital today talking with kids hurt from the stroms.

I just saw Toby Keith on Peirs Morgan (CNN). He said his sisters house was damaged. He mentioned he has heard about doing some sort of benefit concert at OU or CHK arena but said that would come together in the coming days, right now he was just worried about helping his sister and others (not exact quote). So, I am assuming Toby and others in the music biz will be giving and helping raise a lot of $$$. Not surprising but nice to hear.

ljbab728
05-21-2013, 10:45 PM
From "The Voice".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V_UPbe8XgGE

ljbab728
05-21-2013, 11:12 PM
This is from an email I received today from a credit card company. I have no need for their offer but I've never seen anything like before from a credit card company.

Beginning Monday, May 20 and continuing through Monday, May 27, 2013, Barclaycard is providing the following proactive assistance to our customers in impacted areas:

- Any late fees incurred during this period of time will be automatically waived

- If you need to access cash quickly, we will automatically waive any cash advance fees

- Should you need a replacement card, we would be happy to express the card to you,
at no fee, even to a location other than your home address.

ljbab728
05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
West Virginia baseball team pitches in | NewsOK Videos (http://newsok.com/west-virginia-baseball-team-pitches-in/multimedia/video/2400243259001)

warreng88
05-22-2013, 08:43 AM

That makes $14 million so far.

Add to that:
ONEOK: $1 million
Koch Industries: $1 million
Apache Corp: $500,000
Exxon Mobil Corp: $500,000

That brings the total to $17 million so far. This, of course, is not including the texts to the Red Cross or any other organization and what retail/restaurants are donating their profits to the relief.

FritterGirl
05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
There's a list going around from Keep It Local OK that is promoting the efforts of several businesses who are chipping in, small fundraisers such as t-shirt sales, % of food profits, etc. It's not on their website, but is up on their fb page for those who have access: https://www.facebook.com/KeepItLocalOK?fref=ts

mkjeeves
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I think giving to local groups is great too. I just don't think people should not give to the Red Cross simply because the funds are used at multiple disaster locations. Every human needs helps in this situations and they are there for everyone, not just Okies.

Please give freely to the Red Cross. They were on scene and are helping our friends in Moore. They are a top-notch organization.

Give local too if you want but man, it's just hard to beat what the Red Cross does with every dollar you give them.

The Oklahoma Red Cross facebook page a bit ago today...

The American Red Cross continues to expand relief efforts across Oklahoma, with additional kitchens opening today and more trucks and volunteers flowing into the state.

Already this week, more than 200 Red Cross disaster workers in Oklahoma have opened shelters, kitchens and emergency aid stations. In these locations, people can find a safe refuge, food and snacks, emotional support, health care services and information about what other help is available.

Shelters are also open in Texas after the recent tornadoes there. More than 380 people spent Tuesday night in Red Cross and community shelters in Oklahoma and Texas. Red Cross health services volunteers are working with the Medical Reserve Corps to visit the injured in local hospitals and offering services at the emergency aid stations like helping people replace prescriptions and other medical items. Spiritual Care teams are working with partners to comfort people affected by the storm.

“The Red Cross is on the ground in Oklahoma helping people begin the recovery process after this tragic storm,” said Trevor Riggen, vice president of Disaster Operations and Logistics for the Red Cross. “We’re expanding our relief efforts as more workers, equipment and supplies arrive. Over the next few days, Red Cross volunteers will also work with many of the affected families to meet emergency needs and connect them with recovery resources.”

Working with the Southern Baptist Convention, two kitchens will be serving meals today. They have the capability of cooking tens of thousands of meals a day if needed. Trailers of relief supplies have been shipped to the area, including things like comfort items containing personal toiletries and relief items including coolers, buckets, gloves, dust masks, trash bags, flashlights, tarps, shovels, rakes and blankets. Almost 30 emergency response vehicles are in Oklahoma to travel through neighborhoods, distributing food and relief supplies to those in need. Red Cross President and CEO Gail McGovern will visit the relief effort today with Janet Napolitano, U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security.

icecold
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Rickie Fowler will match up to first 100k given at the Colonial Golf tourney this week in Ft. Worth. Pretty cool for a guy who only spent a few years in Stillwater.
Matt Kemp has now upped his donation to 250K.

Teo9969
05-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Pretty sure Wal-Mart was at $1M so that's $18M

ou48A
05-22-2013, 03:25 PM
In the wake of the recent tornado in the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors has announced a donation of $200,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. The contribution will be from the proceeds of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship being held in Oklahoma City, May 23-26.

"The Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship is a longstanding fixture in Oklahoma City. Additionally, the State of Oklahoma and its wonderful people are integral parts of our league," said Commissioner Bob Bowlsby. "Our hearts go out to those affected by this terrible tragedy and this donation is one small way to provide relief to a city that has supported our membership so well over many years."

In addition, The Red Cross will also have donation canisters positioned throughout Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark for the duration of the Championship. Fans attending the championship are encouraged to make monetary donations using the collection cans that will be set up at concourse concession stands.

Fox College Sports and FSN, which are carrying complete coverage of the tournament, will provide information and instructions for the Championship’s television audience on how to donate and contribute to the relief efforts.

A moment of silence will be observed before the Championship’s opening game on Thursday, May 23, at 9:00 a.m. with Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett on hand to throw out the ceremonial first pitch.

League teams, which have already participated in several community and volunteer efforts, will also display a helmet decal throughout the event to honor the victims. MTM Recognition in Oklahoma City donated the stickers

zookeeper
05-22-2013, 03:36 PM
The contributions from local corporations like Chesapeake, Devon, Thunder, Durant Foundation, and so many more are staggering. Money is pouring in from all over the country. I liked that Houston fund drive calling it "More for Moore".

Jim Kyle
05-22-2013, 08:41 PM
This is from an email I received today from a credit card company. I have no need for their offer but I've never seen anything like before from a credit card company.I got a similar email from Chase. Surprised me too! They're waiving almost all penalties through June 5 for anyone in the affected counties.

RadicalModerate
05-22-2013, 09:02 PM
I heard that Home Depot gave $1 Million.
Hopefully just as a start.

PWillett
05-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Love's is donating $3 million.

LOVE'S TRAVEL STOPS TO DONATE $3 MILLION TO OKLAHOMA DISASTER RELIEF (http://www.loves.com/AboutUs/MediaCenter/News/LOVESTODONATE$3MILLION.aspx)

mugofbeer
05-22-2013, 09:33 PM
From my vantage point in Denver.....my work colleagues have been totally astounded at the generosity of Kevin Durant and, with a little shock, Russell Westbroook. The wonder soon turns to laughter about whether or not former Nuggets such as Carmelo Anthony, Alan Iverson or Kenyon Martin would have even given a penny had this happened in Denver. It's very heartwarming to see NBA players of such character and empathy....the community and the Thunder have truly embraced each other.

ljbab728
05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
From my vantage point in Denver.....my work colleagues have been totally astounded at the generosity of Kevin Durant and, with a little shock, Russell Westbroook. The wonder soon turns to laughter about whether or not former Nuggets such as Carmelo Anthony, Alan Iverson or Kenyon Martin would have even given a penny had this happened in Denver. It's very heartwarming to see NBA players of such character and empathy....the community and the Thunder have truly embraced each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQyFuO2h-CA

OKCisOK4me
05-22-2013, 09:48 PM
They said on KFOR sports that Hunter Mahan donated an undisclosed amount to Red Cross. Bob Barry said, "you know that means it's a rather large amount". Regardless, glad to hear so.

mmonroe
05-22-2013, 10:01 PM
I got a similar email from Chase. Surprised me too! They're waiving almost all penalties through June 5 for anyone in the affected counties.

This is probably the same email, just read it.

We hope you, your families and your customers are safe. Natural disasters are very stressful and we want to help you where we can. Here are some solutions you can talk to us about.

Quickly replacing your Chase debit or credit cards that are lost, damaged or not accessible.
Working through options if you are unable to make a payment on your credit card or business, car, home or student loan.
Keeping three of our branches close to the affected area open extra hours this week - South Western & 119th, Walker & I-240 and Penn & I-240.
We'll also have bottled water, power strips, extension cords, flashlights, batteries, coolers and other supplies to share with you.

In addition:

We're waiving the following Chase fees through June 4 for customers in the hardest hit counties of Cleveland, Lincoln, McClain, Oklahoma and Pottawatomie. You'll have until the end of business on June 5 to make a deposit or a payment to bring your account current and avoid the following fees:
Overdraft Protection Transfer, Extended Overdraft, Returned Item, Insufficient Funds and non-Chase ATM fees for deposit accounts.
Late and insufficient fund fees on credit cards, business and consumer loans, including mortgages, home equity, auto and student loans.

Please call us at 1-888-356-0023 or call your banker if you're unable to access your funds or need help with other services. For example, we'll generally waive the early withdrawal fees on CDs to help customers with their cash flow.

If you have more specific problems, please call your Financial Advisor, Business Banker, Loan Officer or simply come into your nearest Chase branch. Our branch and telephone bankers are empowered to go the extra mile for customers with storm-related problems or concerns. We'll be calling many of our customers in the hardest hit areas to see if there are other ways we can help.

We hope these efforts can play a small part in easing some of your worries following the storm. We are committed to doing what we can for our customers who have been impacted by this natural disaster. If you need help, please call us at 1-888-356-0023, tweet @ChaseSupport or visit one of our branches.

Sincerely,

David G. Page
President
Chase in Oklahoma

zookeeper
05-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I actually got a similar email from American Express on Tuesday evening. I had sure never seen anything like it.

To Our Valued Cardmembers affected by the Oklahoma tornado:

We know that the past few days have been devastating for our Cardmembers in the aftermath of the tornado. We wanted to let you know that we are here for you and want to help make your recovery easier during this difficult time.

If you need support from us in the form of extended payment terms, alternative payment arrangements, or emergency card replacement, we are ready to assist you. Please feel free to contact us at the number on the back of your card or 1-800-528-4800.

In addition, our Global Assist hotline is ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with emergency financial, medical, or lodging assistance. Some of our services include:

Wiring money to Cardmembers or their loved ones for pick up at Western Union or MoneyGram locations (Availability of cash advances will be subject to fund availability of Western Union or MoneyGram locations, cash advances are limited to the terms and conditions of card member agreement)
Assisting with medical referrals and prescription replacement
Locating available lodging and enabling check-in for Cardmembers. Please note that there may be limited ability to book hotel rooms in the impacted areas

You can reach our Global Assist hotline at 1-800-554-AMEX or, if you're calling from outside the U.S., at 1-715-343-7977. We are accepting all collect calls.

If you have access to Twitter, you can contact us @AskAmex.

We realize you may be dealing with many challenges right now, but we are here and ready to help you when you need us.

Sincerely,

Josh Silverman
President, U.S. Consumer Services
American Express

warreng88
05-23-2013, 09:25 AM

ONEOK: $1 million
Koch Industries: $1 million
Apache Corp: $500,000
Exxon Mobil Corp: $500,000
BP donating $500,000.
Rickie Fowler will match up to $100,000
Matt Kemp upping his giving to $250,000
Wal-Mart: $1 million
Big 12 Conference: $200,000
Home Depot: $1 million
Loves: $3 million

That brings the total to $23,050,000.

icecold
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Cantor Fitzgerald---$2 million (investment firm in NYC)
Tyson Foods-------$100,000 + food donation
Perk---------------$25k and lots of supplies bought
Orlando Magic------$25k

icecold
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, Tony Allen, KD, Matt Kemp......Anyone find it strange no former OU players has made any donation (thats public). Where is Bradford, Blake Griffin, Gerald McCoy?

Richard at Remax
05-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Griffin tweeted something yesterday that he has something in the works but hasn't made any formal announcements yet

catch22
05-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Add United Airlines to the list with an undisclosed amount.

Also set up an employee fundraiser systemwide (global).

warreng88
05-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, Tony Allen, KD, Matt Kemp......Anyone find it strange no former OU players has made any donation (thats public). Where is Bradford, Blake Griffin, Gerald McCoy?

It wouldn't surprise me for KD and Griffin to be setting up a charity game after the finals are over. Let's keep in mind that it is only three days after the tornado. It wouldn't surprise me to see something done this weekend.

warreng88
05-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
ST. LOUIS — St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, an Oklahoma native, is raising money for disaster relief in his home state.

Bradford on Wednesday announced a fundraising effort that seeks money but also goods such as cleaning supplies, baby items, pet items and blankets for victims of this week's tornadoes in Oklahoma.

A donation site was set up outside Busch Stadium for Thursday's exhibition soccer match between Manchester City and Chelsea. Other donation sites are at Loughborough Commons in south St. Louis and Kirkwood Commons in Kirkwood.

Bradford is partnering with the city of St. Louis and the marketing and event production company Switch + Contemporary.

Bradford's family is from the north side of Oklahoma City. His relatives were not hurt in the tornado.

Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort | News OK (http://newsok.com/rams-quarterback-sam-bradford-leading-aid-effort/article/3833486)

positano
05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Is anyone aware of how the donations (other than to the Red Cross and other specific aid groups) are monitored and disseminated? When an individual company donates "X dollars", where does that money go, and who makes decisions about where it is spent?

Soonerus
05-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Anyone have a link to Russell Westbrook's donation ? I have not heard about that...

betts
05-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Anyone have a link to Russell Westbrook's donation ? I have not heard about that...

I saw it in print - I think it was the DOK that listed all the donors.

Jon27
05-23-2013, 08:21 PM
This isn't on the same scale, but still awesome. There is a new gas station in Yukon called Domino. I guess it's a small company out of Clinton. They just opened last week. They are advertising that they are giving 10 cents of every gallon to The Red Cross. No doubt I'll be buying my gas there if they do things like that.

KayneMo
05-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Carrie Underwood will be donating $1 million!

Shelton, Underwood coming to aid of Oklahomans - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer (http://www.kten.com/story/22412047/shelton-underwood-coming-to-aid-of-oklahomans)

ljbab728
05-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Hollywood cares.

William H. Macy, Rudderless crew help after Okla. tornadoes | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2013/05/22/willam-h-macy-shooting-film-in-okla-helping-tornado-victims/)

I also saw a TV spot with this couple appealing for donations.

Soonerus
05-23-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't think Westbrook has given 1mm...

ljbab728
05-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Steve's article about a change in policy by the Red Cross.

Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross agrees to dedicate text donations to state storm relief efforts | News OK (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-tornadoes-red-cross-agrees-to-dedicate-text-donations-to-state-storm-relief-efforts/article/3833632)

This is an amazing statistic.

Since Monday, pledge donations have totaled $3.8 million, translating to 380,000 people texting $10 each. Once those phone bills are paid, the pledges are collected by Red Cross.

td25er
05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
This is unbelievable. Keep 'em coming! Where's APPLE?? The most profitable company EVER.

OSUMom
05-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Why doesn't Blake Shelton and Toby Keith get together? Two big benefit concerts is a bit much.

ou48A
05-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Noble Energy, Inc. said today that they will donate $500,000 and will match employee donations up to $1,000 per employee.

Soonerus
05-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Noticeably absent...Sandridge...