View Full Version : Your dream airport

mranderson
07-03-2005, 07:56 AM
If you could design a commercial airport of any size, and any way you wanted it, what would it be like?

How many gates? Where would your airlines fly? What airlines would you want? What airline(s) would you want as a hub? How many terminals and runways? Other details.

Be creative. Please note. This is not to try and support or be against a larger Will Rogers. This is just for fun. So, please. No disagreements.

fromdust
07-03-2005, 06:15 PM
i don't really know. okc is small you could'nt make it much bigger than they alreay have. i would like to see some flights to other countries, though.

Patrick
07-06-2005, 11:03 AM
I suppose creativity isn't too high on this site right now.

Anyhow, I'll give this thread a shot.

For OKC: 60 gate airport (I don't want to be too ambitious) with a US Air Hub terminal. Flights to anywhere in the world. Non-stop flights to every major US city. A mall on one side of the terminal and gates on the other. Several high rise hotels attached to the terminal. Expansive landscaping and water features. Several full service sit down restaurants. State of the art monorail system.

Cowboys and Indians greeting every visitor....whoa, wait a minute! Just kidding!

mranderson
07-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I suppose creativity isn't too high on this site right now.

Anyhow, I'll give this thread a shot.

For OKC: 60 gate airport (I don't want to be too ambitious) with a US Air Hub terminal. Flights to anywhere in the world. Non-stop flights to every major US city. A mall on one side of the terminal and gates on the other. Several high rise hotels attached to the terminal. Expansive landscaping and water features. Several full service sit down restaurants. State of the art monorail system.

Cowboys and Indians greeting every visitor....whoa, wait a minute! Just kidding!

We could have a subway connecting the two termianls with an animatronic timeline of Oklahoma's history and future. THAT would be unique. It could have an entrance from the front of the terminals for people who just wanted to see the ride. The only problem would be security.

mrote
07-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm not picky. I would just like to have more non-stops to major cities!

mranderson
07-06-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm not picky. I would just like to have more non-stops to major cities!

I know of four cities that are currently under negotiation for non stops, however, that is another thread. (Information is confidential)

brianinok
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Mr. Anderson: This baiting thing is getting annoying. ;)

What I want to see:
- I would like to see the current planned 25 gate concourse finished.
- A 30-50 gate concourse directly south of the current one, parallel to each other.
- An above ground train system connecting the two.
- A US Airways hub filling the second concourse, and part of the original one.
- The hub would have direct flights to all major US cities and select international destinations (like London, Paris, Nassau, Tokyo).
- US Airways Express flights to smaller state and regional destinations (like Lawton, Enid, Amarillo, Wichita).

jbrown84
07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Why a US Airways hub? Where is that coming from?

Sure would be nice if we had an airline hub.

mranderson
07-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Why a US Airways hub? Where is that coming from?

Sure would be nice if we had an airline hub.

Because they will be the surviving name in the merger between they and America West. More details are available in the threads "America West," "Luther Trent retires," and "Commercial Airports."

jbrown84
07-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Oh well the fact that a couple people said that made it sound like we were getting a hub or something.