View Full Version : What was your most memorable date?

Jay
07-03-2005, 03:40 AM
When and where was your most memorable date? You know the dates that will forever be carved in your memory. I'm talking about good dates or funny dates. Let's try stay away from the ones that you would only tell a therapist or a close friend about.

mranderson
07-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Tough call.

I would say it would have to be while I was in California this time. I had not told my cousin and his wife about the woman (unknown to me at the time) that I was about to be dumped by, and they thought I might like to meet a friend of my cousins wife.

She was flying from Phoenix to Sacramento and happened to be my seat mate (I think Mona set that one up as she had asked me what seat I was in). We talked the whole time, and later went to Reno together.

She was cheering me on as I won 200.00 on the nickel slots. I paid for her trip with the money. Knowing it was a one night stand, we spent the night... Well, I will just say we were not talking about the weather.

osupa05
07-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Mine was the first time I ever went ice skating! My bf at the time took me for my 18th birthday (geez has it really been 7 years..!). He knew that I've wanted to ice skate my whole life... so even though he had a horrible cold he still took me! Now, I'm hooked (to ice skating that is...). I can't get enough.. even own my own skates now! I do triple axels (in my head)and pretend like I'm the world's greatest figure skater. Then I put on my hockey skates and turn into Gretzky!

Intrepid
07-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Mine was the first time I ever went ice skating! My bf at the time took me for my 18th birthday (geez has it really been 7 years..!). He knew that I've wanted to ice skate my whole life... so even though he had a horrible cold he still took me! Now, I'm hooked (to ice skating that is...). I can't get enough.. even own my own skates now! I do triple axels (in my head)and pretend like I'm the world's greatest figure skater. Then I put on my hockey skates and turn into Gretzky!

That's one thing I've always wished I could do. However, gravity is evil towards me! LoL

Keith
07-03-2005, 08:20 PM
When and where was your most memorable date? You know the dates that will forever be carved in your memory. I'm talking about good dates or funny dates. Let's try stay away from the ones that you would only tell a therapist or a close friend about.
Gosh, this makes me think back about 25 years......I was 17 at the time, and a senior in high school. I still can't remember how I met Traci, but she was a very attractive girl. I do remember going to her house and meeting her mom for the first time. We hit it right off (not the mom)and started going out.

I remember that I took a journalism class at school, and since there were not enough students in the class, they cancelled it, which forced everyone to find a different class. My teacher allowed me to transfer to the yearbook staff. This class was any journalists dream.

Close to the end of the year, the yearbook staff was awarded several awards from the school system, so we had a banquet to pass out the awards and just have a good time. This was a formal occasion, so I invited Traci to the banquet with me. We had the best time just talking and having some laughs with the rest of my classmates. The time came for the awards to be handed out, so Traci and I just sit there, smiling, and holding hands, listening to the names of those that won awards.

When all of the awards were given out, our yearbook adviser stood up and said that he had one last award to give out. He told everyone that he had a particular student that started out in a journalism class, and was moved to the yearbook staff with absolutely no experience. He said that he was very proud of this student and all the accomplishments that he made. He said that he had never, ever, seen such hard work come out of a journalism student. Then, with tears in his eyes, he said my name, and presented me with the most beautiful plaque I had ever seen. The whole class stood up and clapped, and Traci gave me a big, long, take your breath away kiss.....and then said there was more of that to come. It was such a wonderful time in my life, and one that I will never forget. To get recognized by my peers, and then to have a special girl with me, give me a special kiss.