View Full Version : Quite possibly one of the dumbest things ive heard lately.....

Achilleslastand
05-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Movie theater manager finds way to make Iron Man 3 exciting by having fake gunmen storm the screening
Movie theater manager finds way to make Iron Man 3 exciting by having fake gunmen storm the screening | Film | Newswire | The A.V. Club (http://www.avclub.com/articles/movie-theater-manager-finds-way-to-make-iron-man-3,97607/#xdm_e=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avclub.com&xdm_c=default3613&xdm_p=1&)

Tasked with finding some way, any way to get people excited for Iron Man 3, the manager of a movie theater in Jefferson City, Missouri, hit upon the idea of having people dressed in full tactical gear and carrying what appeared to be assault weapons storm the screening, thus causing the audience to freak out over what a great time at the movies they were about to have. Also, unfortunately and somehow unexpectedly, over the possibility of this being a deadly theater shooting akin to last year’s tragedy in Aurora, Colorado—a conclusion many jumped to, after their own comic-book movie premiere was similarly interrupted by gun-toting, body armor-clad men. Regrettably, they didn't stop to consider the possibility that maybe those men were supposed to be members of the fictional government agency S.H.I.E.L.D., and not just everyday crazy people out to murder everyone, probably due to the creeping adult cynicism that so erodes our childlike sense of wonder.

Easy180
05-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Umm Bob...You kinda probably should have run that idea by your superior as you are lucky you didn't have a couple teenage employees gunned down

BDK
05-11-2013, 07:38 AM
The AV Club is the Onion's entertainment arm. It's satire.

Edit: looks like it's real. My b. I agree. Dumb stuff.

RadicalModerate
05-11-2013, 09:07 AM
The AV Club is the Onion's entertainment arm. It's satire.

Edit: looks like it's real. My b. I agree. Dumb stuff.

It really does read like something from The Onion.
No need to apologize.
(geez what a dumbass that "entertainment manager" must be. un-friggin' believable.)

RadicalModerate
05-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Umm Bob...You kinda probably should have run that idea by your superior as you are lucky you didn't have a couple teenage employees gunned down

Good suggestion. Except for it would be difficult to determine who would qualify as Bob's "superior" . . .

I'm thinkin' that he, Bob The Entertainment Manager, in search of a "superior" might have tried to seek advice and approval by locating some random guy panhandling at an intersection who probably would have said something along the lines of: "Yer *****in* me . . . Right? Where's the camera? That's about the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time and I've heard a whole lotta stupid s*it. In fact, I'd have to say that you are about the stupidest sh*t I've ever actually had a chance to naysay."

Hawk405359
05-12-2013, 08:17 AM
I read about this. My initial thought was that no one would be so unbelievably stupid as to think that this was a good idea. Then I remembered that "no one would be so unbelievably stupid" is always wrong.

T-rex
05-12-2013, 10:56 AM
it also seems likely that no one thought about the fact that one (or more) of the movie goers would be in posession of CCW permits and actually be armed