View Full Version : Good Lord

kelroy55
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
How ignorant can some people be...

OKLAHOMA CITY —A 17-year-old Oklahoma City Public Schools student has been arrested after police said he threatened to blow up the school.

Officers said the teen told cafeteria workers at U.S. Grant High School Wednesday morning that he was going to blow up the school because he was upset they were out of food.

He was arrested on one complaint of threatening a violent act.

Read more: Police: OKC teen threatened to blow up school - Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com (http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/okc/police-okc-teen-threatened-to-blow-up-school/-/11777584/19894444/-/bg6fs7z/-/index.html#ixzz2RVXHlNm5)

venture
04-25-2013, 02:13 PM
The kid should be grateful. The food probably would have made his stomach explode. :-P

Stupid kid though. He has a hard lesson coming his way now for not thinking.

Anonymous.
04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Context is everything, which this article has none.

Almost sounds like the kid was exaggerating, but we don't know the context or the history of said kid.

kelroy55
04-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Might have been corn dog day too

ou48A
04-25-2013, 04:03 PM
This shouldn’t come as any great shock but OKC public schools have many kids arrested while at school. Some are for serious offenses. Kids are not taught consequences at an early age so many think they can get away with doing bad things.

From the very top down OKC schools are poorly managed in many cases. The community and local news media are way behind on reporting what big mess OKC public schools are. They need to shine a light on this problem so the right people will be hired and so the healing can begin.

kevinpate
04-25-2013, 04:26 PM
On a scale of somewhat stupid to gol durn fool, this barely even scratches the baseline on the scale.

venture
04-25-2013, 05:41 PM
This shouldn’t come as any great shock but OKC public schools have many kids arrested while at school. Some are for serious offenses. Kids are not taught consequences at an early age so many think they can get away with doing bad things.

From the very top down OKC schools are poorly managed in many cases. The community and local news media are way behind on reporting what big mess OKC public schools are. They need to shine a light on this problem so the right people will be hired and so the healing can begin.

Perhaps you can share your experience and expertise to help them improve? :)

ou48A
04-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Perhaps you can share your experience and expertise to help them improve? :)

These days I would end up in prison if we used my methods. LOL

But there are plenty of hard working people who have their efforts undermined by incompetent leadership that exists at all levels…. And problems start well above that… About all they do it seems is teach kids how to test. There needs to be a lot more community involvement from OKC business with all OKC schools.

By the way I have helped some, but it’s not something that fits my abilities and training very well.
If somebody sees this and gets involved or covers it in the media in some way maybe this is my way of helping?

Achilleslastand
04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Throwing more money at the OKC schools would fix any and all ills.........or not.

RadicalModerate
04-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Throwing more money at the OKC schools would fix any and all ills.........or not.

"More money . . . Yeah . . . That's the ticket . . ."
http://www.theweeklings.com/wp-content/uploads/John-LovitzLiar.jpg