View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Pages : [1] 2 3

ljbab728
04-23-2013, 11:15 PM
I would have to say that the biggest suprise of any game so far is the blowout by Golden State tonight in Denver breaking the Nugget's 24 game home winning streak. That puts a more interesting spin on possible future opponents for the Thunder.

Mississippi Blues
04-23-2013, 11:47 PM
If Golden State knocks off Denver in the first round then that makes to Thunder's path to the Finals a bit more easier. I'm also not surprised that the Heat have been blowing out the Bucks after what Brandon Jennings said. The biggest surprise to me thus far is Chicago beating Brooklyn Monday night. I watched every second of that game & I don't regret a single bit of it.

ljbab728
04-24-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure I agree with you. I think the Nuggets have a better shot against the Spurs than Golden State does and I think the Thunder would rather face the Nuggets. While it may have been a good game, I don't think that Chicago beating Brooklyn comes anywhere near the impact of Golden State beating the Nuggets.

dankrutka
04-24-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm also not surprised that the Heat have been blowing out the Bucks after what Brandon Jennings said.

You could have stopped that sentence 5 words earlier. ;)

Anonymous.
04-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Warriors stomping the Nugs last night was definitely unexpected.

Will be interesting to see if the Nuggets can get their HCA back on Friday.

Mississippi Blues
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
You could have stopped that sentence 5 words earlier. ;)

True. Haha

Mississippi Blues
04-24-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure I agree with you. I think the Nuggets have a better shot against the Spurs than Golden State does and I think the Thunder would rather face the Nuggets. While it may have been a good game, I don't think that Chicago beating Brooklyn comes anywhere near the impact of Golden State beating the Nuggets.

Well I don't exactly agree with you either. :) I think we'll have a harder time with the Nuggets than we will the Spurs, though they're both very, very tough. I also didn't mean to imply that I thought Golden State had a chance against the Spurs. But I hadn't seen that Golden State had beaten Denver when I made that post about the Chicago-Brooklyn game, so please forgive me for that comment & know that I agree with you on that buddy. ;)

dankrutka
04-24-2013, 08:31 PM
I'll take Denver over San Antonio for the Thunder every day of the week. Regardless of what happened in the regular season, I think OKC matches up well with Denver. Besides the fact that they have all kinds of injury problems (e.g., Gallinari, Manimal). The Spurs know how to win in the playoffs. The Nuggets don't. When games slow down and defense picks up, Denver's strengths are minimized...

Mississippi Blues
04-24-2013, 09:04 PM
I'll take Denver over San Antonio for the Thunder every day of the week. Regardless of what happened in the regular season, I think OKC matches up well with Denver. Besides the fact that they have all kinds of injury problems (e.g., Gallinari, Manimal). The Spurs know how to win in the playoffs. The Nuggets don't. When games slow down and defense picks up, Denver's strengths are minimized...

Good points. We'll see.

Mississippi Blues
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
It's not so much what they've done against the Thunder this season, it's what they've done against everyone. They seem to have figured out how to win with regularity. But like I said, whichever team it is it'll be tough. I think OKC can beat both though as long as they play solid Thunder basketball.

ljbab728
04-26-2013, 10:51 PM
A 31 point home loss tonight by the Lakers to the Spurs. I somehow doubt that Kobe would have made much difference. The Lakers have officially become irrelevant in the NBA without a major overhaul.

ljbab728
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
I think many people were already penciling the Clippers into the next round. It may still happen, but a 21 point win by Memphis tonight says "Not So Fast".

MonkeesFan
04-28-2013, 05:22 AM
The Bulls-Nets game last night was the best game of the playoffs so far

MonkeesFan
04-28-2013, 05:23 AM
I think many people were already penciling the Clippers into the next round. It may still happen, but a 21 point win by Memphis tonight says "Not So Fast".

Not me, I thought that the Clippers-Grizzles is going 7 games like last year and it might happen and I think the Grizzles will win the series but I will probably be wrong though but who knows? I would like to see Blake win a championship though

MonkeesFan
04-28-2013, 05:25 AM
A 31 point home loss tonight by the Lakers to the Spurs. I somehow doubt that Kobe would have made much difference. The Lakers have officially become irrelevant in the NBA without a major overhaul.

It is pretty funny that after the Lakers got Dwight and Nash, Lakers fans say that they will win more games than the 72-10 Bulls teams and win the championship this year, now the Lakers are about to get swept in the first round :D

SoonerBoy18
04-28-2013, 12:14 PM

I think it WOULD have made a difference. Before Kobe got injured when they were in 8th seed, San Antonio lost games purposely (In my opinion) to avoid them.

MonkeesFan
04-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I think it WOULD have made a difference. Before Kobe got injured when they were in 8th seed, San Antonio lost games purposely (In my opinion) to avoid them.

No it would not make a difference, Kobe is old as dirt

Mississippi Blues
04-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Wouldn't have. Spurs are just too good, especially against LAL.

MonkeesFan
04-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Lakers get swept! It is going to be interesting to see if Dwight signs a max contract with the Lakers or leave in free agency this summer

warreng88
04-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Lakers get swept! It is going to be interesting to see if Dwight signs a max contract with the Lakers or leave in free agency this summer

I don't see him resigning with the Lakers this summer. I think the Mavs will make a big push for him so they can at least get back into the playoffs.

Anonymous.
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
I know it isn't over yet, but Golden State is impressing me with this Nugget slaughter. The amount of shots the GSW make is crazy.

If DEN can't hang on, then I the Spurs/Warriors series is going to be awesome to watch.

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 09:56 AM
I don't see him resigning with the Lakers this summer. I think the Mavs will make a big push for him so they can at least get back into the playoffs.

Same here, that means my Magic made a great trade! I see Dwight going to the Rockets or maybe the Nets

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 09:59 AM
I know it isn't over yet, but Golden State is impressing me with this Nugget slaughter. The amount of shots the GSW make is crazy.

If DEN can't hang on, then I the Spurs/Warriors series is going to be awesome to watch.

It is going to be boring, Spurs will sweep the Warriors, I would be surprised if the Warriors win a game

warreng88
04-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Same here, that means my Magic made a great trade! I see Dwight going to the Rockets or maybe the Nets

I saw Dwight going to the Rockets before they signed Harden to $80,000,000, five year deal. I am not sure they are willing to pay another almost $20 million a year to get Howard. If everyone except Asik stays, that would put their salary at $46,350,551. Add to that $20 million and you are looking at $66 million and change. If the salary cap were to stay at $58 million, that would put them $8 million over which would mean they would have to pay a luxury tax of $12,750,000. Not sure if they are willing to do that or not.

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 10:32 AM
I saw Dwight going to the Rockets before they signed Harden to $80,000,000, five year deal. I am not sure they are willing to pay another almost $20 million a year to get Howard. If everyone except Asik stays, that would put their salary at $46,350,551. Add to that $20 million and you are looking at $66 million and change. If the salary cap were to stay at $58 million, that would put them $8 million over which would mean they would have to pay a luxury tax of $12,750,000. Not sure if they are willing to do that or not.

True, good point

warreng88
04-29-2013, 10:35 AM

And the Nets are already at $82,685,196, almost $25 million over the salary cap. I guess they could get rid of Lopez, but he is only making $13.5 versus $20 so that would bring their salary to $89 million and change. That would mean they would have to pay an additional $45 million in luxury tax. That's a lot of coin...

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
And the Nets are already at $82,685,196, almost $25 million over the salary cap. I guess they could get rid of Lopez, but he is only making $13.5 versus $20 so that would bring their salary to $89 million and change. That would mean they would have to pay an additional $45 million in luxury tax. That's a lot of coin...

Yeah, that is alot so I guess Dallas is the only option?

warreng88
04-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah, that is alot so I guess Dallas is the only option?

Dallas would be a great option because Dirk is going to be done in a few years. He could go to one of teams that aren't so good who have money to spend like the Bobcats, Hornets (refuse to call them the Pelicans), Kings or suns. I would think Dallas or Utah would be a good fit for him.

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Dallas would be a great option because Dirk is going to be done in a few years. He could go to one of teams that aren't so good who have money to spend like the Bobcats, Hornets (refuse to call them the Pelicans), Kings or suns. I would think Dallas or Utah would be a good fit for him.

I agree

BoulderSooner
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM

salary cap is 58 mil ... the luxury tax limit is 70.3 mil

warreng88
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
salary cap is 58 mil ... the luxury tax limit is 70.3 mil

That's right, that's my fault. I guess that would put the Rockets under the luxury tax limit, so it would be a possibility for him to move to Houston. Again, they had a lot of interest in him before he went to LA.

Sonny_Crockett
04-29-2013, 12:41 PM
The Lakers getting swept is going to be the ultimate highlight of the playoffs!

Teo9969
04-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Nope...OKC winning the Title will be the ultimate highlight!

;)

Sonny_Crockett
04-29-2013, 12:49 PM

;)

Have faith OKC can survive without Westbrook and LeBron gets hurt, otherwise Miami repeats. That idiot Bill Plaschke on ESPN says there shouldn't even be the NBA playoffs and that David stern should just hand the NBA title over to the Heat after the regular season.

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 01:02 PM

;)

Until Lebron, Dwyane, and Christopher retires, the Thunder is not winning anything

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Have faith OKC can survive without Westbrook and LeBron gets hurt, otherwise Miami repeats. That idiot Bill Plaschke on ESPN says there shouldn't even be the NBA playoffs and that David stern should just hand the NBA title over to the Heat after the regular season.

Might as well do it, the Heat is winning the Finals this year anyway

warreng88
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
As much as I would love to see the Thunder win the playoffs, I don't think they can do it without the #6 scorer in the league. The second best thing to the Thunder winning the title would be the Knicks beating the Heat and the Spurs beating the Knicks to win it all again. There is no reason to just give Miami the title. They still have a lot of work ahead of them. Getting past Chicago (most likely) and Indiana or NY is not going to be a cakewalk.

MonkeesFan
04-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Alright,

Theoretical, granted...

IF <--- just humor me

it looked like we could win the title, would Thunder bring back Westbrook for a game to get a ring? Or does he get one even if he doesn't play?

Yeah, Westbrook will get a ring no matter what

warreng88
04-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Alright,

Theoretical, granted...

IF <--- just humor me

it looked like we could win the title, would Thunder bring back Westbrook for a game to get a ring? Or does he get one even if he doesn't play?

Oh yeah. At half, send him into the locker room and if it looks like it is looking good and more importantly on our home court, let him on the court playing SG, not doing much.

Anonymous.
04-29-2013, 02:32 PM
I guarantee you if OKC won the championship this year, the party would go to where ever Russell is.

Sonny_Crockett
04-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Game 5 Wednesday night at the Peake!

Just the facts
04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Game 5 Wednesday night at the Peake!

You might want to hold off on that. Although it is aggravating as hell watching the Thunder take 3s when nearly every Rocket on the floor is 1 foul away from fouling out. Drive the damn ball to the basket and make them foul or give up a layup..

zookeeper
04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
delete

Just the facts
04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Well that sucked. Westbrook or no Westbrook - the Thunder are still the worst team in the NBA with 5 seconds left in the game.

zookeeper
04-29-2013, 10:37 PM
delete

venture
04-29-2013, 10:43 PM
delete

Cheater. :-P

We all saw your "SWEEP! 104 to 101" post already. ;)

zookeeper
04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Wow, sorry I passed along false news of the Thunder victory, I deleted the post. I came back in the room, the page at NBA.com showed a Thunder win.

http://i.imgur.com/2i2Uc5t.jpg

zookeeper
04-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Cheater. :-P

We all saw your "SWEEP! 104 to 101" post already. ;)

See above post. NBA.com really screwed up. Sorry.

zookeeper
04-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Look! It's still showing that!
NBA TV Companion (http://www.nba.com/tvc/index.html?gamecode=20130427/OKCHOU&brand=OKC)

Jim Kyle
04-29-2013, 10:51 PM
That's the game 3 score. They're not quite up to real-time reporting, obviously!

venture
04-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Look! It's still showing that!
NBA TV Companion (http://www.nba.com/tvc/index.html?gamecode=20130427/OKCHOU&brand=OKC)

LOL that's pretty bad on their part. Silly people.

Mississippi Blues
04-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Grizzlies beat the Clippers tonight in Los Angeles to take a 3-2 series lead heading back to Memphis. Grizzlies can close out the series Friday night.

dankrutka
05-01-2013, 12:11 AM

I could see Dwight going to the Rockets (moreso than the mediocre Hawks or aging Mavs), but Nets couldn't get him unless it is a sign-and-trade with the Lakers. I think it'll either be Lakers or Rockets, but free agency can be unpredictable.

Anonymous.
05-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Clippers really dropped the ball.

Grizzlies will pull out all the stops to close it down Friday and avoid what happened to them last year.

Anonymous.
05-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Denver eliminated.

Warriors vs Spurs starts Monday. SHould be a great series.

They both split the reg. season, winning home games.

MonkeesFan
05-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Denver eliminated.

Warriors vs Spurs starts Monday. SHould be a great series.

They both split the reg. season, winning home games.

I doubt it, it is going to be a boring series, Spurs sweep again

Just the facts
05-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I doubt it, it is going to be a boring series, Spurs sweep again

I am going to predict the Warriors win this series.

ljbab728
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
It's only one game, but how many were predicting Miami would lose their first game at home against the Bulls?

Anonymous.
05-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Bulls shock MIA in game 1. Can you imagine the panic if they drop g2 and head to CHI?

Who knew we had nate robinson, the Heat killer rotting on the bench last year. (sarcasm)

dankrutka
05-07-2013, 12:57 AM
It was fun to see the Bulls win, but I doubt the Heat are worrying too much yet. Lets see what the Bulls follow up with next game.

It was an impressive win though.