View Full Version : Looking for Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor

zookeeper
04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Yin & Yang is out of balance. Qi is not flowing properly and I haven't felt right in awhile. Can anyone here recommend a good Chinese medicine doctor?

I'm open to someone who is just an acupuncturist, but would prefer someone who is fully versed in the ways of Chinese medicine and takes an integrative approach. I had a TCM doctor who was SO good I always worked him in around my work travels to Houston. Sadly, he died at 94. He worked up until 3 days of his death.

I don't want to debate the merits of Chinese medicine as I know it works, it's thousands of years old and in my mind, its healing arts are on par with western medicine. In fact, my regular doctor and I have discussed it on several occasions and he thinks western medicine is arrogant for casting aside so much because we "don't know how it works", and he said that's hypocritical as he said that he prescribes drugs everyday that the drug companies admit they really don't know why they work. He says we have a lot to learn from TCM and probably more than they have to learn from us.

Anyway, I know there are several here in town, but I know absolutely nothing about them and know nobody who could give me a reference. So I turn to my friends at OKCTalk.

flintysooner
04-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Went to Dr Gumman Amit once and liked him quite a lot. He is acupuncturist - not Chinese.

kevinpate
04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Don't know any practitioner's but if there is something in the realm of eastern medicine that would replace daily ibuprophen, pepcid, I'd listen. ditto a cpap ditch. Of course, dropping a wheel-barrel worth of weight might be my answer, east or west.

kelroy55
04-22-2013, 07:49 AM
I've have more ache's and pains as I've I gotten older. Ankles and knees are the worse but like kp if I dropped some weight that would help.

zookeeper
04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the name, flintysooner. Someone told me there is a new clinic specializing in eastern medicine that will soon be opening at Northwest Expressway and Portland. Does anyone know anything about this?

flintysooner
04-22-2013, 05:14 PM
I think that's Dr Amit. There was a thread here sometime back about his new center. Not certain.