View Full Version : Explosions heard in Watertown, Ma. Officer Killed.

SoonerBoy18
04-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Watertown police chase: Gunfire, explosions reported in Boston area (http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/gunfire-explosions-reported-in-watertown-massachusetts)

Achilleslastand
04-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Ive been listening to this on the police scanner for about the past 90mins...
Boston Police, Fire and EMS Scanner - Boston, MA - Listen Online (http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/)

Im guessing they were at MIT planting some bombs,cop shows up gets shot then the pursuit and gunbattle ensues.
Sounds like they have 1 in custody and are looking for 2nd.
And the last i heard i would guess these are the marathon bombers.

Edit.....
POLICE SCANNER NAMES BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING SUSPECTS
http://www.businessinsider.com/police-name-boston-marathon-bombing-suspects-2013-4
Sunil Tripathi (left) and Mike Mulugeta (right)

PennyQuilts
04-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Woke up to this story - WOW!!!! The whole thing is all but unbelievable. Never forget it was Chechans (sic) who were the ones who slaughtered all those kids a few years ago. Vicious and ruthless. Can't believe one of them managed to be on the run for this long. These guys were trained fighters is what news is reporting. Some news are reporting they might be of Turkish descent. The 19 year old was going to an elite school in Massachusetts. Surely they must have family/sponsors here. So sorry for the officer killed.

PennyQuilts
04-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Looks like we have a couple of violent radical islam extremists. I can't believe one managed to get away. They have apparently been living mainstream and have been fairly open about some of their extreme views. A video posted on the older brother's social media is chilling. That anyone living here could be so entrenched in the community - and successful - but still be willing to slaughter men, women and children is alarming.

CaptDave
04-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Chechen Terrorism (Russia, Chechnya, Separatist) - Council on Foreign Relations (http://www.cfr.org/terrorism/chechen-terrorism-russia-chechnya-separatist/p9181)

Some information about Chechnya - Chechens have been killed or captured in most war zones and Chechen terror groups have been responsible for some of the most heinous attacks on civilians over the last decade or so.

It is impossible to know whether it is nationalism, religion, or simple maladaptive behavior that motivated the Boston attack.

kelroy55
04-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Looks like we have a couple of violent radical islam extremists. I can't believe one managed to get away. They have apparently been living mainstream and have been fairly open about some of their extreme views. A video posted on the older brother's social media is chilling. That anyone living here could be so entrenched in the community - and successful - but still be willing to slaughter men, women and children is alarming.

How do you know this is the case and not just a couple violent brothers?

PennyQuilts
04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
How do you know this is the case and not just a couple violent brothers?

Er... right. I am sure that is what is going on. - sheesh.

This, right here, is the mindset that is outsmarting the common sense of the left and endangering all of us. The older brother was interviewed and said that he didn't have a single American friend and that he just didn't understand them. A think a lot of people on the left have the same attitude about the rest of the country. And the loser in that disconnect (in this situation)? The people they blew up.

There is something wrong when - before the situation is even put to rest - that people are running interference for radical islam (and no sane person thinks the radicals are anything but vicious) even when they aren't contesting that they did it. Blowing up babies is part and parcel of radical muslim extremists do. Ugly, but true and pretending otherwise is just fantasy land, especially under the facts that are coming from this situation.

venture
04-19-2013, 08:03 AM

This, right here, is the mindset that is outsmarting the common sense of the left and endangering all of us. The older brother was interviewed and said that he didn't have a single American friend and that he just didn't understand them. A think a lot of people on the left have the same attitude about the rest of the country. And the loser in that disconnect (in this situation)? The people they blew up.

There is something wrong when - before the situation is even put to rest - that people are running interference for radical islam (and no sane person thinks the radicals are anything but vicious) even when they aren't contesting that they did it. Blowing up babies is part and parcel of radical muslim extremists do. Ugly, but true and pretending otherwise is just fantasy land, especially under the facts that are coming from this situation.

Oh for crying out loud. Can we stop with the partisan crap for at least a day on something? This makes me so freaking sick and lose so much respect for people on this board who are probably outstanding persons away from it. Enough with the liberal vs conservative bull crap for once. Turn off the damn spin machines to protect political interests. PEOPLE FREAKING GOT KILLED.

Interview that said he didn't have a single American friend? IT WAS A POST ON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE. I guess that counts as an interview now?

Can we please just take a break from the political/partisan spin for a day or two on this? We don't know why they did this. We won't until they capture the last brother - which is probably unlikely. We shouldn't be going around letting the biases we've been told to believe direct the conversation at this point.

redrunner
04-19-2013, 08:06 AM

Is it always right vs. left in every moment of your life? How sad.

Pete
04-19-2013, 08:11 AM
We don't need two threads on this topic.

Closed.