View Full Version : FBI Vault 1950 UFO 3 Small human bodies...

Achilleslastand
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Real or memorex?
FBI ? Guy Hottel Part 1 of 1 (http://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy%20Hottel%20Part%201%20of%201/view)

WilliamTell
03-27-2013, 04:43 PM
everyone knows its real - and im being serious.

its impossible to look at the night sky and think that we could be alone. our sun is surrounded by a miniscule, small, unremarkable solar system and there are billions of others out there.

Dustin
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
First of all, If aliens were to visit earth, they would not be flying "saucers", would not be dressed in metallic clothing, and would not be human shaped. That is straight from the movies.

The technology required to get to earth from the nearest galaxy is unthinkable. The organisms that might have this technology probably wouldn't want to pay us a visit anyway. Why would they? What do we have here that they haven't already found in nearby planets within their galaxy?

I don't think we are going to be seeing aliens anytime soon.

OKCisOK4me
03-27-2013, 05:29 PM
I believe it is real. You're asinine to think we're completely alone. The letter may be authentic, but the descriptions may have been written up that way for the sole purpose of giving our minds imagination in years to come. If it is a true description, why can't other life in the universe (especially intelligent) not be symmetrical like the human body? Is it because you believe that God only created one intelligent lifeform and that is humans and that if there is any other life outside of Earth that was created that it was not created by God and it has to be sub human? Don't be so closed-minded.

Plutonic Panda
03-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Let me say this, if anyone ever tells you that aliens don't exist, the best thing to say is ok and just walk away.

Achilleslastand
03-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Whats really interesting is if you browse the vault links on the right side of the page.
Didnt know they had a file on Charlie Chaplin for supposed communist ties.
Or a file on rowan and martins laugh in for making fun of the FBI during a skit.
Even the file on louie louie is in there lol.

Plutonic Panda
03-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I noticed that lol

Hawk405359
03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Things like that are just as easily chocked up to soviet experimentation as any other explanation, and given the nature of the cold war, that's monumentally more likely. I don't believe that we're the only life in the universe. But the odds of other species existing at the same time as humans do, finding earth, having the technology to complete interstellar travel, and visiting Earth in the cosmically infinitesimal time frame that humans have existed are extremely tiny. It relies on, in all the vastness of space, them finding our little speck of dirt while we are around, and then having the technology to reach us, and then having the desire to come here, and if they haven't revealed themselves, them having some reason not to reveal themselves to the world. We don't, as far as we know, have any resource that isn't available in potentially infinite amounts elsewhere that would not rely on finding us, so unless we're talking a prime directive here, there's really nothing to be gained by keeping hidden.

Dustin
03-27-2013, 06:29 PM
I believe it is real. You're asinine to think we're completely alone. The letter may be authentic, but the descriptions may have been written up that way for the sole purpose of giving our minds imagination in years to come. If it is a true description, why can't other life in the universe (especially intelligent) not be symmetrical like the human body? Is it because you believe that God only created one intelligent lifeform and that is humans and that if there is any other life outside of Earth that was created that it was not created by God and it has to be sub human? Don't be so closed-minded.

Closed minded? No. No. No. Far from it.

I don't think the letter was authentic, but I do very much believe there is other life out there!!! I just don't think they would ever pay us a visit.

From wiki:

In 1964, Kardashev defined three levels of civilizations, based on the order of magnitude of the amount of power available to them:

Type I
"Technological level close to the level presently (here referring to 1964) attained on earth, with energy consumption at ≈4×1019 erg/sec[2] (4 × 1012 watts.) Guillermo A. Lemarchand stated this as "A level near contemporary terrestrial civilization with an energy capability equivalent to the solar insolation on Earth, between 1016 and 10 17 watts."[3]

Type II
"A civilization capable of harnessing the energy radiated by its own star (for example, the stage of successful construction of a Dyson sphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere)), with energy consumption at ≈4×1033 erg/sec.[2] Lemarchand stated this as "A civilization capable of utilizing and channeling the entire radiation output of its star. The energy utilization would then be comparable to the luminosity of our Sun, about 4 × 1026 watts."[3]

Type III
"A civilization in possession of energy on the scale of its own galaxy, with energy consumption at ≈4×1044 erg/sec."[2] Lemarchand stated this as "A civilization with access to the power comparable to the luminosity of the entire Milky Way galaxy, about 4 × 1037 Watts.

We will be a Type I civilization for a very long time. We still rely on fossil fuels to get our energy for crying out loud. The intelligent life that I think is out there is probably a Type II or Type III, and in order to build a ship or "saucer" capable of travelling at the speed of light would need to have access to MASSIVE amounts of energy in order to travel here. I'm not saying it is impossible, but to aliens with the technology to get here, we are not even worth a second look. We are an insignificant speck of rock.

OKCisOK4me
03-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I had heard about the Charlie Chaplain thing somewhere else before. None the less, pretty interesting.

BBatesokc
03-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I firmly believe that life most likely does and has existed on distant planets for some time and will continue to do so. However, I think its fantasy to think we've been visited and/or that our or any other gov't is hiding that fact.

As pointed out, human existence is almost immeasurable in time and to think our planet was pinpointed during that time is pretty unrealistic.

Its also pretty self-endurgent to assume life out there is anything like humans or has any interest in the things we find so important.

Stew
03-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Closed minded? No. No. No. Far from it.

I don't think the letter was authentic, but I do very much believe there is other life out there!!! I just don't think they would ever pay us a visit.

From wiki:

In 1964, Kardashev defined three levels of civilizations, based on the order of magnitude of the amount of power available to them:

Type I
"Technological level close to the level presently (here referring to 1964) attained on earth, with energy consumption at ≈4×1019 erg/sec[2] (4 × 1012 watts.) Guillermo A. Lemarchand stated this as "A level near contemporary terrestrial civilization with an energy capability equivalent to the solar insolation on Earth, between 1016 and 10 17 watts."[3]

Type II
"A civilization capable of harnessing the energy radiated by its own star (for example, the stage of successful construction of a Dyson sphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere)), with energy consumption at ≈4×1033 erg/sec.[2] Lemarchand stated this as "A civilization capable of utilizing and channeling the entire radiation output of its star. The energy utilization would then be comparable to the luminosity of our Sun, about 4 × 1026 watts."[3]

Type III
"A civilization in possession of energy on the scale of its own galaxy, with energy consumption at ≈4×1044 erg/sec."[2] Lemarchand stated this as "A civilization with access to the power comparable to the luminosity of the entire Milky Way galaxy, about 4 × 1037 Watts.

We will be a Type I civilization for a very long time. We still rely on fossil fuels to get our energy for crying out loud. The intelligent life that I think is out there is probably a Type II or Type III, and in order to build a ship or "saucer" capable of travelling at the speed of light would need to have access to MASSIVE amounts of energy in order to travel here. I'm not saying it is impossible, but to aliens with the technology to get here, we are not even worth a second look. We are an insignificant speck of rock.

That hypothesis assumes we know all there is to know about physics but have yet to master it's application.

OKCisOK4me
03-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes, I know all about the three types of civilizations as I have read a ton of Michio Kaku books.

I'm more for this:

There are over 100 billion stars in our galaxy alone and considering there are close to 400 billion galaxies in the observable universe that is an awful lot of stars.

If we were to look at our galaxy alone with 100,000,000,000 stars and if only 1% of those had planets and 1% of those had life and 1% of those had intelligent life there are a lot of intelligent beings out there.

That is just the observable universe. Doesn't account for what we don't see on the other side. If there is an intelligent alien civilization that got it all together faster than here on this lil ol' blue dot called Earth, and became a Type IV, V, or even a VI civilization, that of which I don't want to even imagine, then it could very well be possible that that civilization is flying around in "saucers" using the fabric of space and time to either get here via wormholes or using time itself to travel faster than multitudes the speed of light therefore reaching our little quadrant of the universe to see what's on the other side.

Why would they be dumb enough to crash? I don't have that answer for ya. But there's no way we're the only intelligent and not very civilized life in the universe. That's like an atheist saying there's no life after death--which is ludicrous as well.

Dustin
03-27-2013, 06:52 PM
That hypothesis assumes we know all there is to know about physics but have yet to master it's application.

True. It's all to easy to think the Laws of Physics are universal.

Dustin
03-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes, I know all about the three types of civilizations as I have read a ton of Michio Kaku books.

I'm more for this:

There are over 100 billion stars in our galaxy alone and considering there are close to 400 billion galaxies in the observable universe that is an awful lot of stars.

If we were to look at our galaxy alone with 100,000,000,000 stars and if only 1% of those had planets and 1% of those had life and 1% of those had intelligent life there are a lot of intelligent beings out there.

That is just the observable universe. Doesn't account for what we don't see on the other side. If there is an intelligent alien civilization that got it all together faster than here on this lil ol' blue dot called Earth, and became a Type IV, V, or even a VI civilization, that of which I don't want to even imagine, then it could very well be possible that that civilization is flying around in "saucers" using the fabric of space and time to either get here via wormholes or using time itself to travel faster than multitudes the speed of light therefore reaching our little quadrant of the universe to see what's on the other side.

Why would they be dumb enough to crash? I don't have that answer for ya. But there's no way we're the only intelligent and not very civilized life in the universe. That's like an atheist saying there's no life after death--which is ludicrous as well.

I think we are all in agreement that there is other life out there.

MustangGT
03-27-2013, 07:22 PM
It is possible that other intelligent life has come by Earth and decided we are simply to stupid for them to be bothered making contact with us. Kinda the way we look at an amoeba.

BBatesokc
03-27-2013, 07:27 PM
That's like an atheist saying there's no life after death--which is ludicrous as well.

Ummmmm, wishful thinking doesn't make it so.

Dustin
03-27-2013, 08:14 PM
There is no way to prove or disprove life after death.

There.

ThomPaine
03-27-2013, 08:23 PM
I like (and agree with) Stephen Hawking's quote:

I prefer a fourth possibility: there are other forms of intelligent life out there, but that we have been overlooked. There used to be a project called SETI, the search for extra-terrestrial intelligence. It involved scanning the radio frequencies, to see if we could pick up signals from alien civilisations. I thought this project was worth supporting, though it was cancelled due to a lack of funds. But we should have been wary of answering back, until we have develop a bit further. Meeting a more advanced civilisation, at our present stage, might be a bit like the original inhabitants of America meeting Columbus. I don't think they were better off for it.

Plutonic Panda
03-28-2013, 01:01 AM
There is no way to prove or disprove life after death.

There.Exactly and we will all find out one day.

kelroy55
03-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Exactly and we will all find out one day.

Might be a lot of disappointed people either way :)

kelroy55
03-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Real or memorex?
FBI ? Guy Hottel Part 1 of 1 (http://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy%20Hottel%20Part%201%20of%201/view)

That's a pretty cool site :)

ewoodard70
03-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Thom, SETI is still searching for that signal from ET. They have not been disbanded. Just saw a show (don't remember name however) on the Science channel that interviewed an astronomer from SETI about how they searched the signal bands. He mentioned that you can be a data analyst for them by going to their website and downloading a program from this website SETI@home (http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/).

OKCRT
03-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Black holes are for real and according to some experts life on other planets have mastered the routes through these holes. It's like being in OKC one minute and the next you are in Russia or somewhere far away in just a matter of minutes. If this is indeed true then anything is possible.

I have never seen ET but that doesn't mean he isn't out there among us.

ThomPaine
03-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Thom, SETI is still searching for that signal from ET. They have not been disbanded. Just saw a show (don't remember name however) on the Science channel that interviewed an astronomer from SETI about how they searched the signal bands. He mentioned that you can be a data analyst for them by going to their website and downloading a program from this website SETI@home (http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/).

Thanks, but I'm rather hoping we actually don't find them! The less advanced civilization never fares too well in those scenarios, at least in the short term.

Questor
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
NSJElZwEI8o

OKCisOK4me
03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Ummmmm, wishful thinking doesn't make it so.

Never took you for an atheist...jk jk. In all honesty, it's more like hope. I hope there's life after death and the only reason I would believe so is that energy is finite... All we do in life and it turns to dust? I think there's more to this experience than we know there is.

BBatesokc
03-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Never took you for an atheist...jk jk. In all honesty, it's more like hope. I hope there's life after death and the only reason I would believe so is that energy is finite... All we do in life and it turns to dust? I think there's more to this experience than we know there is.

So, you have to be atheist to not believe in an after-life? If one has to find comfort in a label, my label would be agnostic.

Hope and wishing without ANY evidence doesn't make opposing views 'ludicrous' - it simply makes them opinions.

kelroy55
03-29-2013, 07:17 AM
So, you have to be atheist to not believe in an after-life? If one has to find comfort in a label, my label would be agnostic.

Hope and wishing without ANY evidence doesn't make opposing views 'ludicrous' - it simply makes them opinions.

I may be wrong, which is entirely possible, but I heard the Jewish faith doesn't believe in an afterlife.