View Full Version : Samsung Dryer Repair?

bucktalk
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Wow...what a month of various repairs for me. NOW my Samsung dryer won't heat. The drum turns but no heat. Does anyone out there in OKCTALK land have a recommendation for someone who repairs Samsung driers? If so, I would totally appreciate any reference!

My wet/damp clothes thanks you in advance!

rcjunkie
03-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Wow...what a month of various repairs for me. NOW my Samsung dryer won't heat. The drum turns but no heat. Does anyone out there in OKCTALK land have a recommendation for someone who repairs Samsung driers? If so, I would totally appreciate any reference!

My wet/damp clothes thanks you in advance!

I highley recommend Danny's tv and appliance in Norman

Servicetech571
03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Sounds like the heating element is burnt out. Common problem caused by kinked/clogged/blocked dryer vent. Clean/Fix the venting or you will burn out the new element also. Check the roof cap if your vent goes out through the roof.

SoonerDave
03-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Highly recommend Wade's Appliance in Moore. They're very good about offering moderate help to willing DIY'ers with suggestions about things to try given a set of symptoms.

You've either got a cracked heating coil, or the thermal overload cracked (as it is supposed to) if the coil got too hot. That's why checking the exhaust vent all the way through the roof or outer wall is essential. And sometimes the things just fail because, well, sometimes, things just fail. Replaced a heating coil in my dryer two or three years ago and it had just broken in the middle...fortunately it was an easy job, just getting all the little sheet metal screws out was a pain :)

Learned this the hard way years ago when our dryer, well, wasn't, and the wall was moist, and I discovered a freaking dead bird in the wall exhaust port. He had somehow gotten into the underside of the roof dryer vent, then into the vent itself, and could never get back out.

BBatesokc
03-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Just checked Angie's List, the top rated companies for appliance repair appear to be....
1.) Arrow Appliance Repair (405) 359-1818 - Welcome to Edmond and Oklahoma City's ( OKC ) premier Appliance Repair company (http://www.appliancerepairedmond.com) - "A" rating with 66 reviews.
2.) Doug's Appliance Repair - (405) 376-5612 - (405) 769-4050 - dougsappliancerepairokc.com - "A" rating with 22 reviews.
3.) Bob's Appliance Repair - (405) 787-5645 - (405) 751-1263 - appliancerepairsoklahomacity.com - "A" rating with 22 reviews.

Checked the two mentioned by other OKCtalkers

1.)Danny's had 4 reviews and a "C" rating.
2.) Wade's had 15 reviews and a "A" rating.

I've never needed an appliance repairman, so this is all I can offer.

bucktalk
03-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Wow! I'm overwhelmed with all these suggestions!! Thank you so much!!

Mel
03-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Also if you have a multi-meter its not that hard to pull off the back and check your thermal fuses for continuity. One of the fuses will usually blow before the heating element. You can also check the heating element the same way. Just depends on how much a tinkerer you are.

Servicetech571
03-27-2013, 05:26 AM
The heating element for Samsung comes as an assembly with thermal overloads included. You can order just the element but its a PITA to change.

GaryOKC6
03-27-2013, 05:50 AM
Check the breaker FIRST. It is easy to test with volt meter. I have run into this several times and every time it has been the breaker. They do go bad. Although it is a double breaker the heating element pulls a higher load. Breaker costs $7 and you can change it in 5 minutes.