View Full Version : Fund Raising ???

asta2
06-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I need some ideas for a fund raiser for a girls competitive soccer team. I want to do something different. Any of you have any creative ideas????? Any links??? My mind is drawing a blank. We need to raise about $1000. Anybody want to just sponsor us an save us the trouble? No really, I'd love some ideas!

dirtrider73068
06-28-2005, 08:53 PM
What about doing a car wash those seem pretty popular. It really should be a hit after a rain storm and all the cars would need to be cleaned.

Keith
06-28-2005, 08:55 PM
What about doing a car wash those seem pretty popular. It really should be a hit after a rain storm and all the cars would need to be cleaned.
I think that is a good idea.....on Saturday's when I drive down S. Western, usually at SW.104, and SW.119th, there are at least 3-4 car washes going on. Maybe you can contact one of the businesses around these intersections and see about having a car wash.

Faith
06-28-2005, 09:57 PM
The entire team could come together and have a huge benefit garage sale. Maybe at a church one of the families are a member of. I think you could also do the car wash in a parking lot. Have cokes and lemonade and donation buckets. That way people can shop for a bargain, have a nice cold drink, and get their car washed all at the same time. You probably could make your $1000 in one weekend. Just make sure you have flyers or signs stating what the fundraiser is going to go towards.

Faith
06-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh also.. look online for charitable tax deduction forms. I did a benefit and collected cell phones a couple of years ago, and people seemed to like that they could fill out the deduction form and have it for when it came tax time the next year. Just a thought..

Patrick
06-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Relaxationstation brought up homemade Christmas ornaments around the holiday time. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. Might be a possiblity to sell for a fundraiser.

Check out her post: http://www.okctalk.com/t1206-homemade-ornaments.html

Rev. Bob
06-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Have the team sell Bibles. You can get them in any language.

Jay
06-29-2005, 11:57 AM
My nieces softball team just recently sold pizza and cookie kits from Little Ceasers. They made plenty of money for each kid. Most of the kids just sold to family members and made the money they needed.

http://pizzakit.com/default.asp

It was cool how her coach set up the fundraiser. He took the dollar amount that needed to be raised and divided it by the number of players. He gave the parents the option of just paying the money if they did not want to do the fundraiser. In my opinion that works perfect for the parents that do not like fundraising.

Car washes are good fundraisers but, I like what we used to do in the military even better. Whenever a group needed to raise money they would offer pump gas and wash windshields at the mini mart for a donation. I am not sure which station would allow you to do such a thing. Maybe 7-11 would, especially since the Oklahoma stores are locally owned.

asta2
06-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.