View Full Version : Tulsa PD, Rollin on 20s

SSEiYah
03-10-2013, 01:23 AM
I saw this in southwest Tulsa a few weeks ago, cracked me up. Does OKC do anything similar or do the impound cars go to auction?

http://i.imgur.com/p21ytOM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nsAY4Dy.jpg

Plutonic Panda
03-10-2013, 03:36 AM
I saw a hummer H2 one time going down I-35 south past downtown OKC that said, "Seized from drug dealers" and had the OKC city seal on it. Don't know if it was official law enforcement or not.

MustangGT
03-10-2013, 10:48 AM
OKC PD generally uses seized vehicles in an undercover manner. I have never seen any siezed vehicles turned into marked PD units for OCPD.

kevinpate
03-10-2013, 12:24 PM
I think Norman rolls both ways

rezman
03-10-2013, 06:30 PM
These vehicles are used for public relations. Kind of like D.A.R.E. vehicles

RadicalModerate
03-10-2013, 07:21 PM
This sounds like a really good reason to plant a couple of pounds of weed from the evidence lockups in a nice ride.
But probably only out around Piedmont or Elk City. Maybe Chickasha.
Kind of an "Imminent Domain" deal without all the red tape.

If they went after the major pharmacieutical (sp. whatever) CEOs' (who pay for all those drug ads on tv) vehicles, they could be "stylin'" in Benzes. (omg! that slope is so slippery that i lost all sense of syntax!)

Is the cop in the pic giving the big thumbs up holding a bottle of Hennessy in his other hand?

(p.s. skinny tires on large vehicles look goofy. just my opinion)

Plutonic Panda
03-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Kind of an "Imminent Domain" deal without all the red tape.It's eminent domain, isn't it?

RadicalModerate
03-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Not in this case, amigo. The spelling was intentional. Otherwise I would have placed a [sic] on its (that is, the word in questioned's) posterior. =)

it's like in the bible when the relative validity of the "jots" and "titles" of the law are referenced. as compared to liberty. =)

i might have misspelt "tittles" but that could have giggly connotations.

Plutonic Panda
03-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Ahhhh, my bad. :)

RadicalModerate
03-10-2013, 08:29 PM
You know what's really "bad"?
I "foregot" to say "LIKE" to the OP's topic and Thread Title.
That's really bad. (in the negative sense of the word as compared to the other nonsense) =)

So . . . Thank You, SY(plus some other letters) dude. sincerely. no kidding.

UncleCyrus
03-11-2013, 07:34 PM
The Chickasaw Nation Police have a Hummer. Chickasaw Nation Police | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbondy/2282294781/)

Also, I seem to remember some years ago that OHP had a seized white Volvo that they put the signs on the side and some LED flashers in the grill. I remember seeing it on the side of I-240 one day.

Snowman
03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Those look like the are pushing the legal amount you can have your rear window obstructed.

RadicalModerate
03-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Those look like the are pushing the legal amount you can have your rear window obstructed.

And aren't some of those windows tinted about three shades too dark?
(oops fergot: selective enforcement . . . the butter on the defense lawyers' bread)