View Full Version : Occupation

mranderson
06-27-2005, 12:34 PM
What did you want to be when you grew up? Have you done it?

Me. I wanted to be a broadcaster and an attorney. No. I turned down the scholorship to law school (great play, Shakespear) and could not even get arrested in the broadcasting community... And boy, did I try.

Intrepid
06-27-2005, 12:37 PM
I wanted to be a freelance gynecologist. =)

Just kidding. Have to have a good laugh every now and again. It keeps me sane. (or does it?)

In all seriousness, I grew up wanting to be a lawyer, then I went to college and decided that I wanted to teach kids. Hopefully someday I'll finish my degree.

Faith
06-27-2005, 12:49 PM
I wanted to lots of things. I wanted to be a lawyer and the first woman president. I also wanted to be an olympic gold medalist in Track & Field.

MadMonk
06-27-2005, 02:13 PM
I wanted to be fighter pilot, but couldn't pass the physical requirements. Damn my crappy vision!

Curt
06-27-2005, 02:31 PM
I have been staring at this freakin screen trying to remember what I wanted to be and cant, all I know is, I aint what I want to be :)

workman45
06-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I wanted to be a theoretical neuclar physicists, unfortunately I'm about 40 IQ points short of being able to do the job.

Keith
06-27-2005, 07:37 PM
My dream occupation was to be a radio disc jockey...cheesy, huh? If I could change my occupation now, I would be a police officer.

Karried
06-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I always wanted to be a Nurse, and then decided on becoming a 911 Operator ( but I knew I would take so much to heart and be chronically depressed and stressed ) - now I just watch Trauma shows on TLC and dream of being a hero - then reality sets in and I realize I don't like blood, wouldn't dream of touching a bedpan and would never, ever bring myself to change adult Depends...

although in reality - some of my Real Estate transactions are wayyy more nauseating than the above!

:tweeted:

( Honestly though, I do hold those in the medical profession in the highest esteem and would probably love a job in a hospital but never did really seriously pursue it)

travich
07-05-2005, 12:33 PM
That's not funny, I wanted to be a DJ too. I often make mixes of what I think would be a great playlist for fun. Fun stuff.

Patrick
07-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Believe it or not, I always wanted to do something in the church, whether it be pastor, youth minister, or whatever. Instead, I'm in medical school. I'm not sure I want to do that though either! :)

Rev. Bob
07-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Strange. When I grew up I wanted to be a doctor. But, now I'm an education minister for a local church. Patrick, want to trade?

Jay
07-06-2005, 01:31 AM
I am still chasing my childhood dream. I have wanted to be either a police officer or a military officer since I was a child.

I ended up enlisting in the Navy in 1995 and took advantage of the GI Bill. In 2000 I left the Navy with the plans of following my dream of becoming a police officer. I ended up getting a job in retail that paid average money.

Then one day while on vacation it hit me like a Mack truck. I'm not married, I have no kids so what is holding me back? I went to OSU-OKC in March of 2003 and enrolled. By next summer I will have completed two associates degrees that will help better my chances of becoming a police officer. I might even go for a four year degree later on.

I just couldn't see myself in a career in retail. Now I'm working part time- 3/4 time in my retail job and going to school.

My message here is this, whatever you want to do in your life do it. You never realize just how easy it is to complete a journey in life. All you have to do is put in the effort and stay focused.

So if any of you out there are looking at taking a risk and chasing a dream go for it. Even if you do not succeed the journey will be a positive expierence.

rickyoklahoma
07-06-2005, 10:47 PM
I wanted to be a Toyz R Us Kid.