View Full Version : Daylight Savings - spring forward

Praedura
03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Don't forget to spring forward tonight!

Praedura
03-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Losing an hour sucks, but I'll be quite happy to have the extra hour of light before sunset.

OKCisOK4me
03-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Stay ahead of the game. Pretend you're an hour ahead already. No reason to wait til 2am!

Mel
03-09-2013, 06:13 PM
I'll start hobbling now, by 2 a.m. I should make it.

rezman
03-09-2013, 06:36 PM
After the clocks are set forward, I wish it could be left alone. That way, we get the long days during the summer months, and still have an extra hour of daylight during the winter.

RadicalModerate
03-09-2013, 07:26 PM
After the clocks are set forward, I wish it could be left alone. That way, we get the long days during the summer months, and still have an extra hour of daylight during the winter.

when i was a child i used to listen to my grandpa mutter about that "danged ol' 'jump up' time" . . .
now, as someone who is about the same age as he was when i listened to his complaints,
i realize that the clock does not have anything to do with the length of a day
(and he was an auto mechanic, not a farmer, so it made even less sense.)

boscorama
03-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Who was it that said, "that extra hour dang well kills the grass"?

Personally, I enjoy the time changes, both of them.

WilliamTell
03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I liked the time changes before I had kids, now it just means there will be about a week of fighting around bedtime.

Roger S
03-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Nothing like a time change to bring out the offensive drivers. I was passed by at least 10 vehicles this morning doing a minimum of 15 miles over the posted speed limit and making unsignalled lane changes across multiple lanes.

I was running behind myself but I'd rather get there alive and in one piece than risk damaging mine and anothers vehicles.

td25er
03-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Nothing like a time change to bring out the offensive drivers. I was passed by at least 10 vehicles this morning doing a minimum of 15 miles over the posted speed limit and making unsignalled lane changes across multiple lanes.

I was running behind myself but I'd rather get there alive and in one piece than risk damaging mine and anothers vehicles.

For every idiot doing 15 over, there's an idiot going 55 in the middle lane causing 3 lanes of bad traffic. And they are oblivious to it.

okc_coder
03-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I was getting used to having the sun in my eyes on the way to work and today it felt like it was the middle of the night.

rezman
03-11-2013, 11:32 AM
when i was a child i used to listen to my grandpa mutter about that "danged ol' 'jump up' time" . . .
now, as someone who is about the same age as he was when i listened to his complaints,
i realize that the clock does not have anything to do with the length of a day
(and he was an auto mechanic, not a farmer, so it made even less sense.)

A lot of people don't realize that. It has nothing to do with the lenghth of day. It has to do with the amount of sunlight you have according to the clock.

Anonymous.
03-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Surely there are no adults who actually think the length of a day is being altered...

...Right guys?!...Right?

Roger S
03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Surely there are no adults who actually think the length of a day is being altered...

...Right guys?!...Right?

So in the summer the days aren't really 25 hours and in the winter they're not 23 hours? ..... Great... Now nothing adds up anymore!

Praedura
03-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Actually... the days are getting slightly longer over time:

I've Heard That The Earth's Rotation Is Slowing. How Long Until Days Last 25 Hours? | Popular Science (http://www.popsci.com/jessica-cheng/article/2008-09/ive-heard-earths-rotation-slowing-how-long-until-days-last-25-hours)

But, I don't think it's anything that would disrupt your daily routine. :)