View Full Version : Fair Priced Non-ethanol gasoline

soonerbrink
03-07-2013, 11:04 AM
I haven't found a resource that lists gas stations in Oklahoma City that have fair price non-ethanol gasoline 6-10 cent premium), compared to the normal (30 cent) premium that is charged. Last time I was at 7-11 on May and Hefner it was fair priced, and if you drive out West to the Yukon Wal-Mart it is far priced. There probably aren't very many around... But let's see if we can get a list going!

TechArch
03-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Portland Express Mart at NW 36th & Portland
Valero at NW 39th & Portland
Any 7-11 that has both ethanol and non-ethanol gas (most are on the north side of OKC)

venture
03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Any 7-11 that has both ethanol and non-ethanol gas (most are on the north side of OKC)

Not really accurate. Any of the newer ones in Norman and Moore have both.

BBatesokc
03-07-2013, 06:11 PM
That what annoyed me with the GasBuddy app/web site - it often doesn't distinguish between gas with ethanol and gas without.

I enter all my gas purchases for my cars into my Gas Cubby (not Buddy) phone app and according to it I get the cheapest ethanol free gas from a Mike's Stop N Shop at SE 44 and Santa Fe. Also, oddly enough, I get my best MPG when I fill up at that location as opposed to other no ethanol locations.

They compete with a 7-11 down the street, so their prices is usually within a few cents of their ethanol'd gas.

bluedogok
03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Pure-gas.org - Oklahoma (http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=OK) has a list of ethanol free gas stations.

I have typically filled up at the OnCue at Reno & MacArthur before heading out of town. Ethanol free is not an option in Central Texas and it is rare and pretty far away from me here in Denver.

mugofbeer
03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Pure-gas.org - Oklahoma (http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=OK) has a list of ethanol free gas stations.

I have typically filled up at the OnCue at Reno & MacArthur before heading out of town. Ethanol free is not an option in Central Texas and it is rare and pretty far away from me here in Denver.

Which tells me that a small % ethanol in gas is a non-issue. I drove my jeep for over 15 years on Ethanol gas (first in N. Texas and then in Denver) and put over 200,000 miles on it. Sounds like an arguement like that of flouridated water.

bluedogok
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Some vehicles fuel systems are much more sensitive to ethanol than other ones, I know in both my BMW car and Kawasaki owners manuals it explicitly states to not use any fuel higher than 10% ethanol and some mechanics that I know can't stand the stuff because of what it can do to a fuel system in vehicles not designed for higher concentrations. I would prefer that it didn't exist but the corn lobby feels otherwise.

BBatesokc
03-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Which tells me that a small % ethanol in gas is a non-issue. I drove my jeep for over 15 years on Ethanol gas (first in N. Texas and then in Denver) and put over 200,000 miles on it. Sounds like an arguement like that of flouridated water.

Just depends on the car. I track ever gallon/mile.... in my Edge it doesn't make much difference at all. However in my Infinity FX35 and Prius it makes a big difference. Makes about a 6-8 MPG difference in the Prius alone. The Infinity dealer warns against ethanol use on a regular basis.

Lauri101
03-10-2013, 12:28 PM
In MWC, the AM-PM at Reno and Midwest Blvd is all 100% gasoline and tends to be not more than 10% cost over ethanol brands in area.
Also - Del City - 7-11 at Sunnylane and SE 29 and Homeland across street are battling it out and keeping it honest.
I shop at Homeland and use their reward program to get cents off on gas. I paid $2.89 gal for gas last week after accumulating .50 per gallon in credit.
My Accord (2004) doesn't do well with ethanol, so I stick with pure when possible. It can be a problem in other states - Mississippi, for instance. Biloxi area has no pure gas stations anywhere in area.

Servicetech571
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
It would be nice if gasbuddy or another andriod app would list the cheapest no ethanol gas prices. The newer 7-11's seem to have the most consistent low ethanol free gas prices. OnCue is good sometimes also.