View Full Version : KFOR Channel Four

richosh
03-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Anyone know why channel four news anchor's are holding I-pads during the on air news. Don't they use teleprompters?

s00nr1
03-05-2013, 02:41 PM
The iPads display the news script -- basically the chronological flow of the stories you see on the news. The teleprompters are only there to provide the text for each individual story.

OKCTalker
03-05-2013, 02:43 PM
It's supposed to make us think that the anchors are cool and hip.

Anyone know why what they broadcast as "news" is printed in section B of the Daily Oklahoman? That's where they print the police blotter - shootings, stabbings, bank robberies and rural fires.

ljbab728
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM

Does that mean we will soon see Linda Cavanaugh break dancing on the desk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KPQNP1Z1s

RadicalModerate
03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
dream on, dude . . . dream on. =)

"tv 'news' anchors" . . . "cool and hip" . . . what a concept. geez.

Mel
03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Anyone know why channel four news anchor's are holding I-pads during the on air news. Don't they use teleprompters?

Playing Angry Birds.

RadicalModerate
03-05-2013, 10:27 PM
^^^that would rate a 10 (on a scale of "likes" if the "lazy button" wuz actually working =)

blangtang
03-05-2013, 11:40 PM

Anyone know why what they broadcast as "news" is printed in section B of the Daily Oklahoman? That's where they print the police blotter - shootings, stabbings, bank robberies and rural fires.

Reminds me of the old joke that the local TV news exists solely to sell new cars and furniture. I suppose we could update that to include BBQ shacks, storm shelters and the choice of which hospital will provide one with the best post heart attack care.

GaryOKC6
03-06-2013, 06:01 AM
The iPads display the news script -- basically the chronological flow of the stories you see on the news. The teleprompters are only there to provide the text for each individual story.

This explains a lot. I flipped over to channel four this morning and noticed the newscaster was squinting his eyes. I thought that something was wrong with him, like he lost a contact lense or something.

OKCisOK4me
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Before iPads it was stacksoPAPER, lol.