View Full Version : Boys/Trunk-Police at Fault?

Karried
06-26-2005, 10:04 AM
As horrible as this is, I was upset to see a family member pointing fingers at the police officers for not searching well enough or checking the trunk!

Come on, who's abandoned car was on the lawn? They knew the trunk was broken, they knew the kids have previously played in the car.... why, now is it the law enforcement's responsibility because they didn't do a thorough enough search of the car? Even the department is talking about disciplinary action against those who were searching.

I'm amazed- I say charge the owner of the car who left it out as a death trap. But, that does no good for the grieving parents nor the poor kids. Just as it doesn't do any good to penalize the officers for not looking in the trunk.

I don't get it. When do people start taking responsibility for their kids and life and stop blaming others?

Maybe when they realize they can't sue them.

Intrepid
06-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Amen Karried! I'm tired of parents blaming others when something happens to their kids.

It's like when kids misbehave in class and the teacher disciplines. A lot of parents claim that the "teacher has it in for my kid" or "the teacher doesn't like him/her, so she is picking on them". B.S.!!!! I realize that this example is not on the same level as what happened ot those 3 boys, but the premise is the same. There are too many parents out there who do not want to take any responsibility for their kids' actions.

Get involved with your kids...especially when they are young! And for heaven's sake, please know where your kids are and what they are doing 24/7. Their lives could depend on it.