View Full Version : Charges dropped against suspects in Carina Saunders murder.

BBatesokc
02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Murder Charges Dismissed Against Suspects In Saunders Case - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/21324493/murder-suspects-in-case-of-dismembered-bethany-woman-freed)

kelroy55
02-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Do they have any other suspects?

BBatesokc
02-25-2013, 08:40 AM
These guys are still the main suspects. From what I've been told, the problem has been a total ineptness by Bethany PD and their naiveté to believe everything told to them by hookers, strippers, tweekers, felons and general degenerates who claim to have been there or know someone who was there. Don't be shocked if the true story is quite a bit different than the one that was put out to the public and continues to be retold. Apparently several key pieces of evidence completely contradict what 'eye witnesses' have claimed and it was no secret it would torpedo the case as early as the preliminary hearing. I suspect this case will be much more about drug trafficking (dealing) than human trafficking.

kelroy55
02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Sounds like Valley Brook PD. but I think they are the hookers, strippers, tweekers, felons and general degenerates.

OKCTalker
02-25-2013, 09:12 AM
So the gal who was tied to a chair and forced to watch Saunders' murder - she was lying about it?

JayhawkTransplant
02-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I was relieved to hear that the case was being taken over by the OSBI, but am disappointed that the main suspects are now free.

I can't believe more people haven't been indicted at this point...what about the guy who had the apartment at Will Rogers Courts where Saunders' DNA was found in the freezer? Is he still in custody for the unrelated drug charges?

kelroy55
02-25-2013, 02:18 PM
It should have been turned over to the OSBI right away.

RadicalModerate
02-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Sounds like Valley Brook PD. but I think they are the hookers, strippers, tweekers, felons and general degenerates.

Are you referring to the VBPD . . . or to the victim(s)?
("they" is one tricky pronoun. ain't it? =)

zookeeper
02-25-2013, 02:25 PM
These guys are still the main suspects. From what I've been told, the problem has been a total ineptness by Bethany PD and their naiveté to believe everything told to them by hookers, strippers, tweekers, felons and general degenerates who claim to have been there or know someone who was there. Don't be shocked if the true story is quite a bit different than the one that was put out to the public and continues to be retold. Apparently several key pieces of evidence completely contradict what 'eye witnesses' have claimed and it was no secret it would torpedo the case as early as the preliminary hearing. I suspect this case will be much more about drug trafficking (dealing) than human trafficking.

Absolutely. This kind of thing has gone on for so long at the Bethany PD. Warr Acres as well to a lesser extent. Just amateur departments who think they never need assistance when everybody sees they're doing things wrong. It's a shame they put up with such amateur policing in these metro communities.

kelroy55
02-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Are you referring to the VBPD . . . or to the victim(s)?
("they" is one tricky pronoun. ain't it? =)

Yes it is but I was referring to the VBPD

RadicalModerate
02-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Is "ineptitude" a better descriptor of contributors to the problem than "ineptness" . . ?
(probably they are the same . . . sorry to interrupt . . .)

(thx for the clarification kel. i agree)

off the record . . . were any barristers, solicitors, scribes, pharisees, judges or jurors involved in this miscarriage of justice?
objection, your honor. sustained.

ljbab728
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Absolutely. This kind of thing has gone on for so long at the Bethany PD. Warr Acres as well to a lesser extent. Just amateur departments who think they never need assistance when everybody sees they're doing things wrong. It's a shame they put up with such amateur policing in these metro communities.

I certainly hope your license plate doesn't say "zookeeper" whenever you're driving through Bethany or Warr Acres. LOL

kelroy55
02-26-2013, 06:52 AM
I certainly hope your license plate doesn't say "zookeeper" whenever you're driving through Bethany or Warr Acres. LOL

We can put a front one on that say's that lol

Larry OKC
02-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Murder charges dismissed in Carina Saunders homicide case | News OK (http://newsok.com/murder-charges-dismissed-in-carina-saunders-homicide-case/article/3758920)

Massey shared details of the slaying with two detainees while jailed on drug charges, according court documents filed with his murder charge.
Massey admitted to kidnapping a woman and making her watch as Saunders was tortured and killed. Massey also described how Saunders' body was dismembered and left in a field behind the Homeland grocery store at NW 23 and Rockwell Avenue, court records show.

Unless the confession was somehow illegally obtained, how much more evidence do you need????

Stew
02-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Murder charges dismissed in Carina Saunders homicide case | News OK (http://newsok.com/murder-charges-dismissed-in-carina-saunders-homicide-case/article/3758920)

Unless the confession was somehow illegally obtained, how much more evidence do you need????

A jailhouse confession to cell mates is not exactly a reliable confession.

BBatesokc
02-27-2013, 09:52 PM

Do you have any idea how many cases are lost when prosecutors rely too heavily on jail house snitches? One of the guys he confessed to is a Robinson pimp named Henry Thornton, who goes by T-Nutty - currently awaiting trial for kidnapping and raping a girl that refused to give him a ride. I've had this guy arrested several times and he can't be trusted.

kevinpate
02-27-2013, 10:58 PM
a jail snitch would sell his mama cheap to anyone in the block if it'd buy him added privileges or reduced time. If a walk could be on the table, he'd give her away without a second thought. If they don't have info that any putz on the street could puke back after a newspaper read or ogling an ogle or two, their credibility in front of a jury isn't a lot to get excited over.

kelroy55
02-28-2013, 06:36 AM
T-Nutty.... Not sure I want to know how a pimp got that name lol

BBatesokc
02-28-2013, 08:49 AM

At least its better than Robinson pimp Gregory Crawford, who is known as "Pig."

Not saying the confession(s) were not based on some truth. Problem is Bethany PD hasn't bothered to gather any actual physical evidence - just the tales told by degenerates. Keep in mind, the self-proclaimed witnesses only came forward after getting caught doing other crimes - actually being kidnapped or seeing a teenager tortured and cut apart wasn't their motivation to come forward. A defense attorney will have a field day with them and their underlying motivations.

As for "DNA found in an apartment" - unless there is another location DNA was collected, the DNA mentioned in overhyped media reports turned out not to be Saunders'.

kelroy55
02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
So there's a chance nobody will pay for killing her.

kevinpate
02-28-2013, 05:57 PM
So there's a chance nobody will pay for killing her.

Not saying it will or won't happen here, but every year many crimes end up without someone being held accountable.

trousers
02-28-2013, 06:01 PM

It's a sad world indeed when you can't trust a pimp named T-Nutty.

RadicalModerate
02-28-2013, 06:33 PM
It's a sad world indeed when you can't trust a pimp named T-Nutty.

if i weren't laughing so hard at your observation i would be crying at just how far the world has fallen . . .

(can't you imagine a commercial for pimps and their services with something in there about "you gots to like him 'cause he's the T-Nutty-est!" or "with a name like T-Nutty he gots to be good!" sorry . . . gelding the lily . . . i apologize . . .)

BBatesokc
02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
My favorite T-Nutty story was when, the day he last got out of prison, I happen to spot him going into an apartment near 33rd and Robinson. The door and windows were open and he was inside smoking what looked like a joint and drinking - celebrating getting out of prison - just laughing and having a good time. I looked him up online and saw he had a city ticket turned warrant. I called a city marshal I know and he came over and arrested him on the spot for the warrant. The best part is when the marshal shows T-Nutty that the warrant is for J-Walking and he's going to county jail for the rest of the day.

A couple of weeks later a business owner on Robinson saw T-nutty and knew he had another new warrant. T-Nutty was inside a gas station at 32 and Robinson. The business owner was afraid T-Nuty would leave before OCPD got there, so he smiled and offered to buy him a hot dog and a coke. T-nutty took him up on it and it gave the cops enough time to get there. As soon as they pulled up he dropped the hot dog and knew he'd been played.

So glad these latest charges will most likely result in a very long prison stay (unless Bethany PD gets involved).

kelroy55
03-01-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm thinking the name T-Nutty might take on a whole new meaning in prison.