View Full Version : lite.newsok.com

Praedura
02-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Anyone else notice this today?

lite.newsok.com (http://lite.newsok.com)

Still being worked on, it would appear. I'm assuming this is supposed to be a mobile friendlier interface.

Steve
02-21-2013, 10:18 PM
That's our back-up site when the main NewsOk site crashes.

Praedura
02-21-2013, 10:22 PM

Aaah. Ok.

Well, they must have been having troubles earlier today, because I got redirected to it a few times. That explains it.

ljbab728
02-21-2013, 10:59 PM

Has the Chinese military been going after NewsOk now?

venture
02-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Has the Chinese military been going after NewsOk now?

Now now. You know the Chinese aren't up to doing charity work. ;)

PennyQuilts
02-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Hah!

SoonerDave
02-22-2013, 07:32 AM
now now. You know the chinese aren't up to doing charity work. ;)

ouch

OKCTalker
02-22-2013, 08:32 AM

Thank goodness! I thought that the paper's writing was being dumbed down even further! (Not a shot at you, Steve.)

HangryHippo
02-22-2013, 08:43 AM
When Anschutz bought the paper, I really thought we'd see some improvements to NewsOK.com, but there really haven't been any. Kind of disappointing because NewsOK needs an upgrade. Some better site functionality, more attractive layout. There's a lot that could be done to enhance their web experience.

Dubya61
02-22-2013, 10:20 AM
When Anschutz bought the paper, I really thought we'd see some improvements to NewsOK.com, but there really haven't been any. Kind of disappointing because NewsOK needs an upgrade. Some better site functionality, more attractive layout. There's a lot that could be done to enhance their web experience.

You might not have to wait long. Per a previous post from Steve on another thread:

Give us about six months... I think you'll see some hints of what's to come. But basically, it involves the same sort of effort taken with social media, the live chats, etc. - making journalists like myself more accessible to readers, creating a closer connection to the community (that doesn't involve holing up in a black tower with gated access off the highway)

... I would say that NewsOK might not be fat, dumb, and happy with where they are. I would say that NewsOK is striving to be relevant, modern, and user-friendly. You just need to give 'em six months. But you won't care about how the website feels in 45 (now 42?) days when Steve announces the mystery tower builders.