View Full Version : Oklahomans Start Carnival Class Action Lawsuit

venture
02-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Well that didn't take long, and a couple from Oklahoma re the ones getting it going.

Class-action lawsuit filed against Carnival Corp. in Triumph cruise - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/us/florida-carnival-triumph-lawsuit/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

Midtowner
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
The Oklahoman did what?

venture
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Mistype in the title...should be Oklahomans.

anniemae
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Gotta get new glasses, I though the title was Oklahomans Start Carnival Glass Lawsuit.

Achilleslastand
02-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Cha-Ching.....
Its the American way.

adaniel
02-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Nobody likes pooping in a bag, but I fail to see where they experienced any damages worth a lawsuit.

Did they have to go the psychiatrist over their experience? Do they have PTSD?

betts
02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
That's what I'm thinking. It's not that much worse than being stranded at O'Hare for 3 days due to a snowstorm. At least they had beds to sleep in. People act like they've won the lottery when something bad happens. It's a shame they had a bad vacation, but I'm having trouble generating much sympathy. I think I'd ask that any compensation I receive be given to charity if I were suing. There are people in this world who need help a lot more than a bunch of cruise ship vacationers.

ThomPaine
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I would expect the complete cost of my vacation reimbursed, and from a customer relations standpoint, vouchers for each member of my party for another vacation. (Transferable, as I doubt I would go on another cruise.)

Stew
02-20-2013, 06:12 PM
It's always easy to pass judgement on others suffering and toss out what you would do in a circumstance that isn't yours. It's so easy it's boring. I hope the passengers are able to hand it to carnival good so just perhaps this type of avoidable incident doesn't happen again. I wish them all the success in the world.

venture
02-20-2013, 07:56 PM
I would expect the complete cost of my vacation reimbursed, and from a customer relations standpoint, vouchers for each member of my party for another vacation. (Transferable, as I doubt I would go on another cruise.)

Which they actually already received. They also got an additional $500 per person to cover any flight arrangements to get home and additional credits for any onboard purchases they made. To me it seems they got more than needed.

Snowman
02-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Which they actually already received. They also got an additional $500 per person to cover any flight arrangements to get home and additional credits for any onboard purchases they made. To me it seems they got more than needed.

If they accepted that it likely came with waving any rights to sue, though that may be enough to cover most expenses getting home, it hardly seems like a deal that is going to make anyone on the ship feel the compensation was good.

boscorama
02-20-2013, 09:42 PM
$500 per day might be reasonable.

ljbab728
02-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Please note this comment from this article:

Triumph passengers bring class action against Carnival - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/triumph-passengers-bring-class-action-against-carnival-225256730--finance.html)

Carnival has offered Triumph passengers $500, reimbursement for their transportation and many onboard costs, and given them a credit toward a future cruise equal to the amount they paid for the Triumph vacation.

Jim Walker, who specializes in representing cruise ship passengers, told Reuters last week that the compensation offer was probably more than Triumph passengers would likely win in court. Walker is not involved in this suit and said he is unlikely to bring a case.

Anyone can file a suit for any reason. The chances for success are not always great, especially given the kind of precruise contract that passengers must sign.