View Full Version : Amputee & Olympic Hero Charged with Murdering Girlfriend

Pete
02-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow, what a horrible turn of events...

'Blade runner' Pistorius charged with murder of model girlfriend - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/world/africa/south-africa-blade-runner-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

Pretoria, South Africa (CNN) -- A beloved model is dead, those who knew her are in mourning, and one of the world's most admired Olympians is charged with her murder after a Valentine's Day shooting in South Africa.

Oscar Pistorius, a Paralympic runner who blazed new terrain by competing in last summer's Olympics, is accused of killing his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. A shooting took place inside his upscale home in Pretoria, South Africa, early Thursday, and only the two of them were there at the time, police said.

Just the facts
02-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I just don't get it. If you believe his story, he awoke in the middle of the night and thought he heard a burgler so he shoots the dark figure in the shadows like 4 times in the head. I don't know how you shoot someone in the head 4 times with a pistol and not see their face or physical features.

MikeLucky
02-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Well, given the fact that the cops had been called to his house several times recently for domestic issues and the neighbors report hearing a loud argument prior to the shots being fired....

I'd say I don't believe his story...

MustangGT
02-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Well, given the fact that the cops had been called to his house several times recently for domestic issues and the neighbors report hearing a loud argument prior to the shots being fired....

I'd say I don't believe his story...

Me either. From hero to zero in a blinding flash. You never really know what is lurking behind the mask a person wears in public.

Easy180
02-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Being a dude that went thru breakups in my 20's I just don't understand how any guy gets to this point...He won't have room to run where he is going

OKCTalker
02-16-2013, 11:53 AM
"Hero?" Why is this guy a "hero?" Athlete, sure. But he's no hero.

BTW, I understand that he shot her through a closed door.

MustangGT
02-16-2013, 12:44 PM
"Hero?" Why is this guy a "hero?" Athlete, sure. But he's no hero.

BTW, I understand that he shot her through a closed door.

When you conider what he overcame to be in the Olympics in the first place what do you call it, huh?

OKCTalker
02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Heroes pull kids out of burning buildings, or wounded fellow military service members out of the line of fire, or people out of swollen rivers.

Not that saying his athletic achievements and capabilities aren't great, but they aren't heroic, even when "Chariots of Fire" music is playing in the background and Bob Costas is singing his praises. If you want to see an athlete that approaches heroic standards, come to Lake Hefner this fall and watch the last finisher in the Redman Triathlon. Not the first - the LAST.

And unless convention wisdom is wrong, he's also a murderer.

dmoor82
02-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Comedian Katt Williams had a bit about this guy a few years back,said it looked like He had two bent back paperclips for legs.Poor little tink tink!