View Full Version : Public Transit: A Symposium and Distinguished Speaker Lecture...

LakeEffect
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Public Transit: A Symposium and Distinguished Speaker Lecture Addressing the Future of OKC and Regional Public Transportation

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at the Farmer's Public Market.

"Over the next months and years many important decisions regarding our transit systems will be made. Jarrett Walker, esteemed transit planner and author of the book Human Transit and blog of the same title, is especially skilled at translating complex transportation planning concepts into language to which laypersons and policymakers can understand and relate. During the symposium, Mr. Walker will help explain the questions which need to be asked in terms of the local choices which lead to transit-friendly development, the process of fitting technology to a our particular community, the optimization of our existing bus lines and the development of a regional transit authority and a dedicated funding source for transit.

Also attending will be transit planning representatives of the consulting firm Nelson Nygaard whom are currently studying optimization strategies for the OKC bus system. Participants will have the opportunity to engage the consultants directly and share their feedback regarding the OKC transit system.

Sponsored by OKC Councilman Dr. Ed Shadid and the Alliance for Public Transportation"

http://www.facebook.com/events/123322544505795/

OKCisOK4me
02-01-2013, 01:18 PM
See thread created on 1/30:

http://www.okctalk.com/transportation/33175-public-transportation-symposium-feb-26-farmers-market.html

LakeEffect
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
My thread is better. :)

EDIT: As in, I didn't see the other one. And I even looked!

ljbab728
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM

EDIT: As in, I didn't see the other one. And I even looked!

That's no excuse. Consider yourself properly chastened. LOL

Praedura
02-01-2013, 11:27 PM

Oh come on now... this isn't a competition. This isn't some game of one-upmanship where one person brings himself up by tearing another down.

No, this is an enlightened forum whereby ideas are shared and nurtured forward by a community with mutual respect towards each other and a common goal of enhancing our community through intelligent discourse and an abiding interest in the gaining of new knowledge and insight.

And in any event, my thread is *CLEARLY* the superior one! :wink: