View Full Version : Mayor's Interview for Streetsblog DC

LakeEffect
01-25-2013, 08:12 AM
The mayor was interviewed by Streetsblog DC last week. Part 1 was posted on the 24th: Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett: We Have to Build This City For People | Streetsblog Capitol Hill (http://dc.streetsblog.org/2013/01/24/oklahoma-city-mayor-mick-cornett-we-have-built-this-city-for-cars/)

Interesting interview.

I'll add the second link when it's available.

no1cub17
01-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for posting! Interesting to hear his insight. Have to applaud him for thinking outside the box, especially in such a conservative place in OKC!

LakeEffect
01-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Second part is up: How Mayor Mick Cornett Fought Oklahoma City?s Brain Drain and Weight Gain | Streetsblog Capitol Hill (http://dc.streetsblog.org/2013/01/25/how-mayor-mick-cornett-fought-oklahoma-citys-brain-drain-and-weight-gain/)

ljbab728
01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
It's interesting that the article makes a point to say that Mick is a republican even though it's a non-partisan office.

rcjunkie
01-26-2013, 05:16 AM
It's interesting that the article makes a point to say that Mick is a republican even though it's a non-partisan office.

Why is that "interesting" ?

ljbab728
01-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Why is that "interesting" ?

Since it's not a partisan post I just see no logical reason to mention it given the context of what the article was about. I never see an article about our elected judges that bothers to tell what their political party is.

BoulderSooner
01-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Since it's not a partisan post I just see no logical reason to mention it given the context of what the article was about. I never see an article about our elected judges that bothers to tell what their political party is.

he was/is president of the Republican Mayors

LakeEffect
01-28-2013, 07:35 AM

The "logical" part is that the writer assumes most Republicans are against things that Mick is for. Which, across the country, is often true. Therefore, she felt the need to point out that he's a Republican and actually for these types of projects.

ljbab728
01-28-2013, 09:57 PM
The "logical" part is that the writer assumes most Republicans are against things that Mick is for. Which, across the country, is often true. Therefore, she felt the need to point out that he's a Republican and actually for these types of projects.

That would certainly make the most sense anyway.

Larry OKC
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
While the Mayor & Council are non-partisan offices, he hasn't made his party affiliation a secret by any means...he has run for partisan office before...was scheduled to be a speaker at a couple of National Republican Conventions etc etc etc.