View Full Version : Automobile Alley getting first restaurant

metro
06-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Some of you may have wondered where I have been. I'm having temporary problems with getting access to the Internet. Some of you may have already heard the news about Colcord Oyster Bar. Due to the renovation of the Colcord into a hotel, the restaurant will be moving shortly onto Broadway in Automobile Alley with the new name of The Oyster Bar. Great news for the next downtown "hotspot".

BDP
06-22-2005, 03:30 PM
That is great news.

I'm not much of an oyster eater. How did this place stack up as an oyster bar?

Luke
06-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Very cool. Know where exactly this will be located?

HOT ROD
06-23-2005, 01:32 AM
very totally awesome for AA. I mentioned in an earlier post that AA should become OKCs HIP urban district and with the addition of hi end restaurants, nightclubs, and bars - in addition to the housing - AA would become a thriving urban neighbourhood.

A neighbourhood that does not compete with Bricktown and its touristy attractions but a neighbourhood that is living, breathing, and thriving as OKCs Yuppie downtown district.

I hope the Colcord Oyster bar is only the prelude to some 10 or so additional hi end local eateries that cator to those in high society, downtown.

Continue the Renaissance, of Downtown Oklahoma City!!!

Patrick
06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
I can see AA becoming the next Western Avenue District in OKC. Ithink another poster said in an earlier thread that the only thing AA really nees to get it jump started is a decent high end restaurant. Maybe the Oyster Bar will be the first to jump start restaurant and retail life in the area.

okcpulse
06-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I always pictured Automobile Alley as Oklahoma City's next urban hotspot. While Bricktown caters both local and tourist patrons, Automobile Alley would cater mostly to the locals. Once residential development starts digging in all over downtown, I don't doubt Automobile Alley will be home to a number of restaurants, wine bars and classy shops. A CD store is already located there. Next will be an oster bar, and next, a wine bar and a trendy nightclub. The district has already received streetscaping. I also see a lot of local foot traffic in the future in this district.

HOT ROD
06-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Ithink another poster said in an earlier thread that the only thing AA really nees to get it jump started is a decent high end restaurant.

Patrick, that was me; I said that. :)

I hope the Colcord is just the beginning.

HOT ROD
06-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I always pictured Automobile Alley as Oklahoma City's next urban hotspot. While Bricktown caters both local and tourist patrons, Automobile Alley would cater mostly to the locals. Once residential development starts digging in all over downtown, I don't doubt Automobile Alley will be home to a number of restaurants, wine bars and classy shops. A CD store is already located there. Next will be an oster bar, and next, a wine bar and a trendy nightclub. The district has already received streetscaping. I also see a lot of local foot traffic in the future in this district.

Pulse, Im definitely with you on this one. I only hope that the designs of the new venues are upscale and worthy by themselves. The outside should be as inviting as the dance music inside, or the gourmet food offerings, or the high fashion apparel in the store - Let's do AA but lets also make it attractive and upscale!!!

but you're right, I think this is just the BEGINNING, which is totally awesome for OKC.!!!

Continue the Renaissance!

metro
06-25-2005, 03:17 PM
BDP, I want to say the Colcord Oyster Bar was in business 22 years on solely seafood alone, mainly its namesake. When it opens up as The Oyster Bar its menu will be expanded to upscale items as well as steak and chicken, and wine. I forget which building it is going in but will get back with you shortly. Also another company, the name skips me right now is remodeling a 3 story AA building. They are considering a restaurant and offices on the first and part of third floors and the second and half the third residential. The remodel is already happening but the residential is up in the air.

John
06-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Also another company, the name skips me right now is remodeling a 3 story AA building. They are considering a restaurant and offices on the first and part of third floors and the second and half the third residential. The remodel is already happening but the residential is up in the air.

Is this the 3 story white brick building with the mural/billboard on the side for some sort of medicinal tonic (if i remember right) Ananda or something?