View Full Version : Windmills and wells

PennyQuilts
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Anyone know anything about digging a well or erecting a windmill? Know anyone reliable to dig a well? We've got an old windmill and are considering setting it up to water the garden and/or supply a small pond. Just a hobby thing - don't expect it to save much money but like the idea of using traditional wind energy and attract wildlife.

stick47
01-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Penny the company that drilled our water well was Don Strawn Drilling (405-769-5431)
I had heard in the past that rates were in the $10-$12 per foot range and our well went 120 ft deep. The builder included the cost of the well in the price of our home so I'm not sure of the rate they charged. Sounds like a nice addition that opens up a lot of possibilities for you. Good luck!

PennyQuilts
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Penny the company that drilled our water well was Don Strawn Drilling (405-769-5431)
I had heard in the past that rates were in the $10-$12 per foot range and our well went 120 ft deep. The builder included the cost of the well in the price of our home so I'm not sure of the rate they charged. Sounds like a nice addition that opens up a lot of possibilities for you. Good luck!
Thanks, Stick!! That's terrific.