View Full Version : Adopt an NCAA Division III Team

Just the facts
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
With all the conference realignments, screwed up playoff scenarios, corruption, cheating, basic greed, etc... I have decided I can no longer support major college football as a fan. It turns out, to get money out of the equation I have to go all the way down to Division III. Good luck to OU and OSU but I will soon be adopting a new Divsion III team.

Division III (NCAA) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_III_(NCAA))

D-III schools range in size from fewer than 500 to over 20,000 students. D-III schools compete in athletics as a non-revenue-making, extracurricular activity for students; hence, they may not offer athletic scholarships, they may not redshirt freshmen,[1][2][3] and they may not use endowments or funds whose primary purpose is to benefit their athletic programs.[4] Also, under NCAA rules, D-III schools "shall not award financial aid to any student on the basis of athletics leadership, ability, participation or performance".[5] Financial aid given to athletes must be awarded under the same procedures as for the general student body, and the proportion of total financial aid given to athletes "shall be closely equivalent to the percentage of student-athletes within the student body."[6]

Now to pick a team. There 449 to chose from so I better start sorting them out.

ThomPaine
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
With all the conference realignments, screwed up playoff scenarios, corruption, cheating, basic greed, etc... I have decided I can no longer support major college football as a fan. It turns out, to get money out of the equation I have to go all the way down to Division III. Good luck to OU and OSU but I will soon be adopting a new Divsion III team.

Division III (NCAA) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_III_(NCAA))

Now to pick a team. There 449 to chose from so I better start sorting them out.

I vote for Williams College. Any school tough enough to have a purple cow for a mascot has got to be good.

Latest News from Williams Athletics - Home of the Ephs: Williams (http://athletics.williams.edu/landing/index)

ljbab728
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Sorry, but I have to choose a Divison II team. I'll take Slippery Rock. It was always a highlight of my younger years sitting at OU games when they announced the Slippery Rock scores.

betts
01-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I was going to suggest Williams as well. My other suggestion would be Davidson. Both very sporty schools.

Just the facts
01-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestions but I am trying to pick one that I might have some connection with, otherwise I would just be like one of these Gator fans down here who have never set foot on a college campus but own everything Gator (I think there are few OU/OSU fans like that from what I hear). I am also trying to stay away from religious schools but that gets tough to do at the Division III level.

kevinpate
01-08-2013, 09:40 AM
I vote for Williams College. Any school tough enough to have a purple cow for a mascot has got to be good. ...

I'll be in the other bleachers ... chanting

I never saw a Purple Cow,
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.