View Full Version : College Football Playoff Scenarios

ljbab728
01-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Here is updated information on details of the coming football playoffs.

AT&T Cotton Bowl to host first playoff title game, sources said - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8821288/att-cotton-bowl-host-first-playoff-title-game-sources-said)

BoulderSooner
01-07-2013, 12:49 PM
lots of bad info in that article ...

the cotton bowl won't ever host the championship game ...... what he means is Cowboys stadium in Arlington will host the game .. the cotton bowl will still be played a week earlier ...

Just the facts
01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm giving up on FBS college football. It is time to pick my favorite FCS team.

ljbab728
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
lots of bad info in that article ...

the cotton bowl won't ever host the championship game ...... what he means is Cowboys stadium in Arlington will host the game .. the cotton bowl will still be played a week earlier ...

Obviously he wasn't talking about the Cotton Bowl Stadium. He was talking about the "Cotton Bowl" which is played in Cowboy Stadium

BoulderSooner
01-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Obviously he wasn't talking about the Cotton Bowl Stadium. He was talking about the "Cotton Bowl" which is played in Cowboy Stadium

the cotton bowl will be played every year ... (4 out of 12 it will be a semi final) it will NEVER be the National championship game ... that game will be bid separately every year ... Cowboys stadium will host the first title game (reportedly) and the cotton bowl will still be played that year

venture
01-08-2013, 08:25 AM
the cotton bowl will be played every year ... (4 out of 12 it will be a semi final) it will NEVER be the National championship game ... that game will be bid separately every year ... Cowboys stadium will host the first title game (reportedly) and the cotton bowl will still be played that year

I think that is what he meant. Just like now. The original bowl is still played, but the title game is hosted by that Bowl Game. For example this year, the Orange Bowl hosting the NCG. So relax. :-P

BoulderSooner
01-08-2013, 09:15 AM
I think that is what he meant. Just like now. The original bowl is still played, but the title game is hosted by that Bowl Game. For example this year, the Orange Bowl hosting the NCG. So relax. :-P

except in the future bowl games don't host the national title game they are bid 100% separately ...

ljbab728
01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
except in the future bowl games don't host the national title game they are bid 100% separately ...

Never the less, Boulder, everyone understood what was being said and there is no conspiracy to confuse. It's really a non-issue.

ljbab728
04-03-2014, 10:00 PM
An update:

College Football Playoff selection committee meets, makes recommendations - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10723200/college-football-playoff-selection-committee-meets-makes-recommendations)

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The College Football Playoff 13-member selection committee wrapped up two days of meetings Thursday and came up with some recommendations, including the recusal policy and how often rankings will be released.