View Full Version : J.C.Penny

Lindsay Architect
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Are they leaving sooner mall? Looks very empty.

SoonerDave
01-07-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with JCPenny in general. They brought in a big, new CEO to overhaul their image, dump the perpetual sales, then he left just a couple of months into his tenure. Now they're remodeling stores into some sort of odd "ministore" concept that is supposed to make each department look like a separate store, or something in that vein.

Ultimately, JCPenny is kinda struggling it seems. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see any of their stores suddenly close. Sure not a fan of their big store in Moore that was built as a Crossroads replacement...

vaflyer
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with JCPenny in general. They brought in a big, new CEO to overhaul their image, dump the perpetual sales, then he left just a couple of months into his tenure. Now they're remodeling stores into some sort of odd "ministore" concept that is supposed to make each department look like a separate store, or something in that vein.

Ultimately, JCPenny is kinda struggling it seems. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see any of their stores suddenly close. Sure not a fan of their big store in Moore that was built as a Crossroads replacement...

JC Penney's CEO, Ron Johnson, is still at the company but their head of merchandising, marketing and product development left last summer after only a few months on the job.

SoonerDave
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
JC Penney's CEO, Ron Johnson, is still at the company but their head of merchandising, marketing and product development left last summer after only a few months on the job.

Ahh, okay, thanks for the clarification.

Bunty
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
In a smaller town setting like Stillwater, the difference for the better between the JC Penney store and the Belk is strikingly impressive. The merchandise, like mens clothing, is better displayed in Belk with greater selection. Belk took the pricing policy that JCPenney foolishly abandoned and stepped it up. I even got a mailing from Belks with a bunch of coupons, something I used to look forward to getting from Penneys. So I wouldn't be surprised to hear more bad news about Penneys, especially if their new ministore concept isn't a hit with consumers.

SoonerDave
01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Pennys prices are not that good, now, and the Moore site is so stinking cavernous you have to pack a lunch and a GPS to get from Mens shirts to the checkout counter.