View Full Version : New anchor at Crossroads

Patrick
08-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by mranderson in "New Businesses Entering Metro" thread:

"THE WARDS LOCATION AT CROSSROADS HAS BEEN LEASED!

I was looking through Monster.com and saw a job opening for a manager at a store called Steve & Barry's University wear. I researched it and found they are locating a 150,000 square foot store in Crossroads. Their concept is locating in reginal malls as anchor tenents.

Could this be the beginning? Maybe. But I still expect Crossroads to not be updated and draw the usual gang banger crowd. I bet this new store's demographic market is gang banger types as well as yuppies. Maybe a few blue collars. Since the gang bangers wear a lot of that type, I suspect that is their primary target.

At least the space is leased."

Posted by: mranderson

Patrick
08-30-2004, 05:50 PM
This is great news mranderson. The absence of the fourth anchor at Crossroads has really hurt the mall. Hopefully this will help bring some life back to Crossroads. I know it's not a major department store or anything, but at least it is a retail store and fill fill the anchor space. That end of the mall is dead right now with the absence of an anchor...hopefully that will change.

With the added revnue from this new anchor, hopefully Macerich Properties will do a complete mall renovation! I know, wishful thinking on my part, but it's worth a dream or two!!!

Why don't you go ahead and cut and paste your post here into a new thread with the label title? That way more people will be able to find it!!

Thanks mranderson.

Patrick
08-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Oh, by the way, I checked their website, and this is actually something, for once, that Texas doesn't have! How about that. I looked at the pics on their website, and it looks like their stores vary in size from smaller stores to large anchor stores. The store itself looks kind of like an Old Navy inside. The clothing is about on the same line as Old Navy as well. It's a national retailer, but not too upscale, so I think it will fit into Crossroads wonderfully! With the situation the mall is currently in in regards to empty space available and stores closing left and right, this is actually better than I expected. Maybe Crossroads will make a turn for the better!

The stores website is: www.steveandbarrys.com