View Full Version : Have a happy and safe New Years Eve

ljbab728
12-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm just wondering what kind of plans our posters have for New Years Eve. I'm sure it's very diverse, as are our posters. I'm going to the OU basketball game at the old field house Monday afternoon. Then I'm going to go home and jump in bed and pull the covers over my head to avoid all of the crazy people who will be out. ( I might find a bottle of champagne to open first though) I'm sure some of you will be a little more brave and I wish everyone a very happy New Year.

And for those who think that New Years Eve was evented by Ryan Seacrest or Dick Clark, this was classic New Years Eve when I was young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfrBxHgLmA

Nothing said New Years Eve more than Guy Lombardo at the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC. (Presented by Clairol, of course. LOL)

Mel
12-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Babysitting my 3 grandsons. Low key but I like it.

OKCisOK4me
12-30-2012, 11:26 PM
My sister is in town from Flagstaff and while our mom watches her kids, she and I will be going to the Thunder game. After that, I'm taking her back to the kids and I'll be joining my friends out before finding a safe ride home to watch the OSU game in the morning!

kelroy55
12-31-2012, 08:15 AM
I'm going to stay home and avoid all the crazies.

kevinpate
12-31-2012, 08:22 AM
wet roads & falling temps = this chubby man stays home.

Pete
12-31-2012, 08:28 AM
The last two years I've held a massive party at my house: 100+ people, DJ and full dance tent, bartender, etc.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/nyeimage1.jpg

This year I decided to take a break from that and will probably just go to a couple of house parties. However, I anticipate being home before midnight.

I started my party because I always found NYE incredibly lame and almost always very disappointing. I'll probably come back strong next year.

Of Sound Mind
12-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Sleep.

Bellaboo
12-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Thunder game. Made dinner reservations at one of the new resturants inside the Peake. Then going home to avoid the amature night drinking drivers.

Pete
12-31-2012, 09:40 AM
You would be more than welcome, Sid!

My good friend from OKC has flown out for the last two.

Stew
12-31-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm going to a party at my cousin's house. I'm no drinker and being around drinkers on a drinking holiday isn't as much fun as it sounds but hey if anybody needs a ride home that's when I shine.

Happy new year everyone!

PennyQuilts
12-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Staying in and enjoying a warm home, twinkling Christmas lights on the tree and fireplace, two loving dogs, a glass of wine, a husband who is way too good for me, and sausage balls with cheese sauce. Oh, and a novel about Special Agent Pendergast.

Happy New Year! Whatever you do, be safe. And happy.

catch22
12-31-2012, 07:06 PM
The last two years I've held a massive party at my house: 100+ people, DJ and full dance tent, bartender, etc.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/nyeimage1.jpg

This year I decided to take a break from that and will probably just go to a couple of house parties. However, I anticipate being home before midnight.

I started my party because I always found NYE incredibly lame and almost always very disappointing. I'll probably come back strong next year.

Wow......Where's my invite?!

Dustin
12-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Stuck at home with a stomach bug.. :(

Praedura
01-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Well, I certainly had a safe NYE as I was feeling like crud and spent the whole day basically sleeping. Fighting off the flu with some chicken noodle soup and tea-with-honey. Feel slightly better today (slightly).

As for happy... well, the Thunder won, so, yeah... happy. :)

PennyQuilts
01-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Stuck at home with a stomach bug.. :(

Get well, soon!