no

Address: 324 N. Robinson
Phone: (405) 763-5911
Hours: Mon, Sun 7 am - 2 pm
Tue-Thu 7 am - 9 pm
Fri-Sat 7 am - 10 pm
Development: Braniff Building
Links:
Official Website (http://kitchen324.com/)
Menu (http://kitchen324.com/menu)
Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/Kitchen324)
Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/kitchen-no-324-oklahoma-city)
Urban Spoon (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/1720752/restaurant/Downtown/Kitchen-No-324-Oklahoma-City)
Eat Around OKC (http://www.eataroundokc.com/restaurant/kitchen-no-324/)

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/kitchenwiki1.jpg

Information & Latest News
Gallery

LakeEffect
12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
As people have said on Twitter/Facebook, pictures don't do the interior design justice. Heather did a fantastic job selecting finishes. My wife's first words were "gorgeous" and "I love it." Later she said "I want to live here." All before eating.

Food is great as is the standard with Good Egg. Can't wait to get back to try breakfast.

Ginkasa
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Is there a menu anywhere? I didn't see one at the website.

mcca7596
12-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Does this have the potential to hurt business at Coolgreens to a significant extent? Or is their concept different enough to stand alone?

LakeEffect
12-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Does this have the potential to hurt business at Coolgreens to a significant extent? Or is their concept different enough to stand alone?

Very different.

Steve
12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I suspect the biggest threat to Coolgreens is Coolgreens

metro
12-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Not even in the same ballpark.

On another note, as Ginkasa somewhat pointed out, website lacked menu (looks like they put up in last day or two) but its not mobile friendly.

tuck
12-22-2012, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=metro;605607]Not even in the same ballpark.

On another note, as Ginkasa somewhat pointed out, website lacked menu (looks like they put up in last day or two) but its not mobile

The website up now is only temporary; it is now mobile friendly..small problem has been fixed.

CaptDave
12-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I went Friday for lunch and was very impressed. The finishes and restoration work are top notch. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was very good and reasonably priced. I had the pastrami sandwich and an order of their home made chips. This place will only get better as the construction work at the corner is completed and when the streetcar line runs past. As a nice bonus, I got to meet tuck. I can't wait to try breakfast out - will definitely be back for lunch.

BBatesokc
12-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Tiny discrepancy in the posted hours.... Some places it says they open at 6:30am on the weekends and other places it says 7am on the weekends. (Facebook vs. website).

Also, it may be posted somewhere but I didn't see how long the breakfast menu is served and when the lunch menu kicks in?

BBatesokc
12-23-2012, 11:50 AM
We decided (with anxious anticipation) to go ahead and give this place a try earlier today.

The space is amazing. Very nicely done and my wife and I both commented on how it looked like something you'd see in a downtown of a much larger and more bustling city.

The place was full, but parking still was not a big deal (parked about 30 yards away).

Got there at 10:40am and were promptly greeted at the door and told "the lunch menu will begin in about 10-minutes."

We decided to get a coffee and a tea from the separate counter and found a table immediately.

Wife had the 'pour-over' coffee (black) and it was very good. I had a hot tea and it was very good also.

For lunch we ordered (and shared) the Fried Chicken Pot Pie and the Really Fancy Grilled Cheese and a side of Sweet Potato Chips.

Only took maybe 10-12 minutes to get our entrees and the presentation was very nice (especially the Fried Chicken Pot Pie).

The wife and I both agreed the Pot Pie was incredible and the best we've ever had - unique presentation, very flaky, bubbling hot, with chunks of shredded chicken.

The Fancy Grilled Cheese was good - but honestly The Mule does grilled cheese even better. The size, presentation and taste were really good, but it was pretty chewy in a tough sort of way. I like my grilled cheese to rain down crumbs and the cheese to ooze out. I'm certain most people will really like it though.

The Sweet Potato Chips were really good and a nice addition and not a huge portion.

We had such a good meal we decided to take home some of their fresh bottled juices (Carrot, Apple, Ginger and Pineapple, Green Apple, Lemon, Mint). The pineapple was my favorite and would even make a good cocktail mixer.

Also picked up a blueberry danish. I'm certain it would be considered really good, but I'm not a big danish fan.

To top it off, all of the staff we came into contact with were superb - especially our waitress. Didn't get her name but she had dreads tucked inside her cap and she was a little spit fire and great at her job - made us smile. Everyone was attentive and wanted to make sure we were content at all times.

Looks like this is definitely a hot spot right now as not only was it full but we saw tons of people we knew or recognized. The mayor was there (he always rolls his eyes when he sees me - makes me smile), and several other public types were all enjoying breakfast/lunch.

I'm sure anyone dressed any way would be welcome at Kitchen 324, but I'd call it a nicer casual place that will also see lots of suits (not sweats).

Definitely many more return visits in my future.

This is also proof positive that restaurants can do it right from day-one.

Certain to be another home run for the Good Egg Group.

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/6858/38290610200196136687815.jpg

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8263/38560910200196297411833.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/38560910200196297411833.jpg/)

BBatesokc
12-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Anyone know if this place has wifi? I didn't check when I was there.

tuck
12-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Anyone know if this place has wifi? I didn't check when I was there.

Yes, free wifi...thanks for stopping in BBatesokc!

RadicalModerate
12-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Re: The Chicken Pot Pie Photo at Post #11:
This is, to me, the visual epitome of Jacques Pepin's Cooking Motto:
"You must allow the ingredient to declare itself."

Previously, I never imagined that a pot pie could go vertical . . .
But there it is! =)

Thank you Brian!
(and thank you, tuck!!)

Teo9969
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Good job Tuck...

Looks like Vast should have hired out AGE ;-).

Steve
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Good job Tuck...

Looks like Vast should have hired out AGE ;-).

No offense to AGE, but I seriously doubt Tuck could pull off launching two such ambitious restaurants with corporate interests tugging in such a short time period with any better results (note: I consider Tuck and Williams and Black equal friends). I'm not sure one can compare 324 to Vast or Flint either, in terms of operation or staffing.

Urban Pioneer
12-24-2012, 12:17 PM
The place is awesome. I must confess though I wish they served breakfast at all business hours. It's definitely not a "diner" but it fills a huge hole for a much needed breakfast place. Is there a different "brunch period" though? Extended breakfast hours? That would be sweet.

tuck
12-24-2012, 02:53 PM
We are planning a change that would allow breakfast to be available all day on the weekends and holidays...really a brunch menu 7-2.

RadicalModerate
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
We are planning a change that would allow breakfast to be available all day on the weekends and holidays...really a brunch menu 7-2.

Remember that Jim Gaffigan line regarding his observation: "if it wasn't for McDonalds how would we know when "Breakfast" ends?" =)
(i love, love, love what you and the crew are doing with this. really. so don't misinterpret in a negative way my take on "playing with the food." =)

So . . . Have you already anticipated and countered the suggestion/objection regarding . . . waffles?
Waffles and Chicken . . . Not just for "breakfast" anymore . . . =)
(or at least waffle fries . . .)

Tuck: You ARE The Man.
(a SINCERE salute and wishes for an even better New Year!)

kevinpate
12-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Fwiw, waffles/chicken and biscuits/gravy are two combos that can be delicious 24/7/365

Steve
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM

That would be awesome. One thing I forgot to ask you the other day... do you plan any exterior signage beyond what's currently there?

Praedura
12-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Just happened to come across some interesting background info about Kitchen 324.

The pastry team was developed and trained by Pierre Fauvet
http://essentialbaking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Pierre-from-catalog-196x300.jpg (http://essentialbaking.com/about-us/)

He is originally from France and until recently ran a pastry business in Seattle. He is now (semi?) retired but apparently is/was working for A Good Egg Dining Group. He recently was a guest chef at The Coach House Restaurant. More info about this, and Pierre here:

http://www.icontact-archive.com/bmjtqXLui9T4qOvEGr0Kn15w07Q9rxO6

A lady named Dawn Welch ran into him in downtown OKC and blogged about it here:
Pierre at Red. « by Dawn Welch (http://zeroto40.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/pierre-at-red)

I'm not sure how he became involved with A Good Egg Dining Group other than his friendship with the chef at The Coach House. Anyway, interesting tidbit about the 324. Pierre has quite the resume. Small world, I guess you could say.

tuck
12-26-2012, 12:01 PM
That would be awesome. One thing I forgot to ask you the other day... do you plan any exterior signage beyond what's currently there?

Outdoor signage is currently in the works.

tuck
12-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Just happened to come across some interesting background info about Kitchen 324.

The pastry team was developed and trained by Pierre Fauvet
http://essentialbaking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Pierre-from-catalog-196x300.jpg (http://essentialbaking.com/about-us/)

He is originally from France and until recently ran a pastry business in Seattle. He is now (semi?) retired but apparently is/was working for A Good Egg Dining Group. He recently was a guest chef at The Coach House Restaurant. More info about this, and Pierre here:

http://www.icontact-archive.com/bmjtqXLui9T4qOvEGr0Kn15w07Q9rxO6

A lady named Dawn Welch ran into him in downtown OKC and blogged about it here:
Pierre at Red. « by Dawn Welch (http://zeroto40.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/pierre-at-red)

I'm not sure how he became involved with A Good Egg Dining Group other than his friendship with the chef at The Coach House. Anyway, interesting tidbit about the 324. Pierre has quite the resume. Small world, I guess you could say.

Love this!! Thanks for posting...Pierre is a fantastic chef and all around great guy. Our group enjoyed having him hear in OKC for 2 weeks and can't wait to see him again soon!

Teo9969
12-26-2012, 01:17 PM
No offense to AGE, but I seriously doubt Tuck could pull off launching two such ambitious restaurants with corporate interests tugging in such a short time period with any better results (note: I consider Tuck and Williams and Black equal friends). I'm not sure one can compare 324 to Vast or Flint either, in terms of operation or staffing.

Depending on how exactly this has played into the structural issues at Vast, I'd be willing to give WA a pass...but it's a train-wreck right now (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/1703184/restaurant/Arts-District/Vast-Oklahoma-City), and it's never easy to make excuses for such a poor performance.

Also, my original statement was made in a spirit of jest. However I can't help but think that AGE is humble enough to realize impracticality (http://www.vastokc.com/menu/dinner) when it's staring them in the face, and make the proper adjustments to provide a well-rounded experience.

BBatesokc
12-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Went again today for lunch and took some friends. We all had either the pastrami sandwich (one of the best I've ever had) or the French dip (better than average) and sides of chips (really good).

They all loved the location and the renovations and said it was definitely on their 'short list' of downtown lunch spots.

All also agreed they'd love to see an extended breakfast on the weekends.

Steve
12-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Train wreck? OK.... everyone has their own definition of a train wreck.
One thing I'd like to amend: I don't think there is any restaurant operator in this town - not even Hal Smith - that could handle opening two very ambitious restaurants like Flint and Vast, and assisting in the opening of a third (nebu), all within six months with a corporation to answer to... I would also add that if there any operator I'd consider for this task other than Williams and Black, it would be AGE, though I'm uncertain whether their experience in catering would be an exact match in skills for overseeing a very demanding banquet operation (and hotel room service).
Now, back to 324.... has anyone tried the turkey meatloaf yet?

soonerguru
12-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Lovely space, but the food (specifically the sandwiches) is a disaster. Hopefully there will be major tweaking. Have not had breakfast, which I suspect is better. Seriously, I've tried four of the sandwiches -- four more than should be included on a restaurant menu. Mindlessly pretentious crap that is not well executed. It was truly bad. This is surprising considering how excellent the food is at the other Good Egg restaurants.

And not to criticize Brian Bates, but the pastrami was the only acceptable sandwich I tried, but nowhere near a good pastrami sandwich. The fussy whole grain mustard was a poor match for the pastrami, which was actually somewhat tough and flavorless; the meat was served on overly thick toasted slices of swirled rye. And then the house-made sour pickles were a poor flavor compliment. Blah all around. For a pastrami on rye, it pretty much sucks to high heaven (but it was the only edible sandwich I tried).

Eating there made me miss the corned beef sandwiches at the Lunch Box.

Hopefully the pastry and breakfast items are better because the lunch offerings at 324 are embarrassing. The BLT and grilled cheese are literally gag worthy. Major disappointment.

BBatesokc
12-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Lovely space, but the food (specifically the sandwiches) is a disaster. Hopefully there will be major tweaking. Have not had breakfast, which I suspect is better. Seriously, I've tried four of the sandwiches -- four more than should be included on a restaurant menu. Mindlessly pretentious crap that is not well executed. It was truly bad. This is surprising considering how excellent the food is at the other Good Egg restaurants.

"Disaster" ... "Mindlessly Pretentious Crap"???? You realize we're talking about sandwiches that include grilled cheese, pastrami and French dip (just the one's I've had). How in the world would any of those fall into the category of 'mindless pretentious crap.'

On a positive note, your description is so over the top as to be completely irrelevant.

Would it be too 'pretentious' of me to ask you to trouble yourself to actually provide some sort of constructive criticism? Like maybe exactly what was so disastrous about even one of your sandwiches?

Steve
12-26-2012, 08:26 PM
As I said, everyone has their own definition of "train wrecks" and "mildly pretentious crap." Brian, I'm with you - it's a heck of a great menu, very much a fun twist on mainstream comfort food, and not at all pretentious. Eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes isn't pretentious - it's just brilliant and delicious. I will also agree with Sooner, however, that the Lunch Box is horribly missed....

BBatesokc
12-26-2012, 08:39 PM

And not to criticize Brian Bates, but the pastrami was the only acceptable sandwich I tried, but nowhere near a good pastrami sandwich. The fussy whole grain mustard was a poor match for the pastrami, which was actually somewhat tough and flavorless; the meat was served on overly thick toasted slices of swirled rye. And then the house-made sour pickles were a poor flavor compliment. Blah all around. For a pastrami on rye, it pretty much sucks to high heaven (but it was the only edible sandwich I tried).

Eating there made me miss the corned beef sandwiches at the Lunch Box.

Hopefully the pastry and breakfast items are better because the lunch offerings at 324 are embarrassing. The BLT and grilled cheese are literally gag worthy. Major disappointment.

Thanks for the clarification (detail) and what you didn't like. Tastes and preferences are certainly individual to the patron, but I just can't make the jump to "sucks to high heaven" ... "literally gag worthy."

I think it would be hard to chalk your opinion up to a missed opportunity on the restaurant's part or a 'bad opening day.' Obviously your tastes are not their target demographic. Fortunately the reviews coming in are mostly (if not virtually universally) positive to very encouraging.

I am curious though, who would you recommend for an out of this world sandwich locally? (my vote for best grilled cheese goes to The Mule - can't say I've tried too many pastrami sandwiches locally).

Steve - i agree, while I didn't dine at The Lunch Box more than 3-4 times a year - it was always a treat.

jedicurt
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping to go this saturday, but i'm worried it will be really busy. I wish i could go during the week, but alas, work always gets in the way of fun... great to hear the reviews from others, I'm hoping i have just as good of an experience as you all (but do hope my experience is better than soonerguru's)

Soho
12-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Just had lunch there and am impressed! Had the chicken pot pie and fell in love. Bold flavors and great texture, with fresh herbs.

Maybe a little high on calorie count, but worth it! This is one to drive out of the way for but thankfully, it is only three blocks from my house - I may need to move closer. :)

Urban Pioneer
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Unvarnished criticism is very unappreciated in OKC. For that matter, criticism of any kind. I suspect Tuck has a tough skin. Besides, Good Egg is used to hitting it out of the park and being surrounded by friends. Its probably hard to get critical opinions until it really becomes a problem.

Personally, I've had two lunches there so far. 1st, the short ribs. Cheever's quality (arguably some of the best in the city) but a smaller portion.

2nd, the French Dip. Have to admit, I was underwhelmed by the question "One dip" or "two dip" of au jus. Just give me the side of of au jus and let me dip it. lol

Lunch is fine. I'm still awaiting making breakfast though. That's what we have really been missing downtown.

Martin
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I was underwhelmed by the question "One dip" or "two dip" of au jus.

oh... i was trying to figure out what that meant from the menu. i have to wonder what was the rationale behind a 'pre-dipped' french dip? -M

BoulderSooner
12-27-2012, 12:36 PM
had breakfast there for the second time today .. had the open toast on monday and today had the green tomato benedict with a side of bacon both were wonderful and prices for both (and the entire menu) were very reasonable ..

this is another home run for AGEG also the french dip was great the only time i had lunch (last week)

I would love to see them offer dinner at some point and have a drink menu for that dinner service and on the weekends ..

Bellaboo
12-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I had the meatloaf and it was good. The sauce was kind of a surprise, and my wife really liked the bite I gave her. She had the salad, and was satisfied.
The lady next to me had the chicken pot pie and said she loved it......next time i'm trying the pot pie, with the chicken leg.

Martin
12-27-2012, 01:36 PM
i just grabbed a pastrami to go and it's really good. bread, mustard, cheese, pickle, meat... the whole thing blended well together, in my opinion. that is, the ingredients seemed to be in the right proportion. the meat wasn't too tough. the bread, perfectly toasted, wasn't too thick. there was enough cheese to appreciate it but not too much that it overwhelmed. same with the mustard, but i'm a fan of stone ground. i have to say that my favorite pastrami in town is still nd foods, but this one is really good, too. the staff was friendly and attentive as always. definitely a place i'd like to stay and grab lunch (or pick up some breakfast) in the future. -M

Mr. Cotter
12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
oh... i was trying to figure out what that meant from the menu. i have to wonder what was the rationale behind a 'pre-dipped' french dip? -M

That's the original way. Some restaurant in LA "invented" the french dip, and that's how they serve it. I can't remember the name. It certainly moves the sandwich to "fork and knife" territory.

tuck
12-27-2012, 02:20 PM
That's the original way. Some restaurant in LA "invented" the french dip, and that's how they serve it. I can't remember the name. It certainly moves the sandwich to "fork and knife" territory.

Philippe the Original | Home of the French Dip Sandwich (http://www.philippes.com) The French Dip was invented here. We love the history of food and classic menu items...paying tribute here. Hope you like it!

Paseofreak
12-27-2012, 02:23 PM
As the Kitchen No. 324 menu states, served Philippe the Original style. Go here Philippe the Original | Home of the French Dip Sandwich (http://www.philippes.com/) to see what that means.

Martin
12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
ok... that makes sense. i prefer to dip my own from bite to bite, but i'll give this one a shot sometime. i really like a good french dip! -M

Mr. Cotter
12-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Philippe the Original | Home of the French Dip Sandwich (http://www.philippes.com) The French Dip was invented here. We love the history of food and classic menu items...paying tribute here. Hope you like it!

That's the place! I ate one on vacation a few years ago, and if 324's is anywhere close, my red meat intake is about to increase. I'm planning on lunch there tomorrow.

Tuck, if you had to pick one lunch menu item to showcase the new restaurant, what would it be?

tuck
12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
That's the place! I ate one on vacation a few years ago, and if 324's is anywhere close, my red meat intake is about to increase. I'm planning on lunch there tomorrow.

Tuck, if you had to pick one lunch menu item to showcase the new restaurant, what would it be?

Fried Chicken Pot Pie!

BBatesokc
12-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Fried Chicken Pot Pie!

I've had or tried much of the lunch menu after 3 visits and the Fried Chicken Pot Pie is my definite favorite with the pastrami sandwich a close second.

Mr. Cotter
12-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Fried Chicken Pot Pie!

I went today, but the Pot Pie was gone by 12:45. I'll be back to try that soon.

I had the Turkey Meatloaf, and it was very good. The meatloaf and potatos it comes with were not as hot as I like, but the flavor was great. I ordered a side of the carrots with local honey. Flavor was great, but I thought the portion was a little small for $4. My wife drove down and met me for lunch. She had the Grilled Cheese and Sweet Potato Crisps. Both were very good.

Over all, I was pleased. The staff was great, and all seem to be really excited to be working in a great, new, beautiful restaurant. I will certainly be back. I agree with everyone else that the space looks amazing. 324 is on the growing list of world class establishments in OKC. It would have been a nice addition to any city, but it's a huge leap for us.

BBatesokc
12-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Did breakfast today with the wife friends - met 'Tuck' for the second time - and found I like the breakfast possibly even more than the lunch - However, I am partial to breakfast 24/7.

We all sampled the steel cut oats, green eggs and ham, fried green tomato benedict, smoked salmon and sides of fresh berries.

Without reservation it was all delicious. My personal favorite for the dining dollar was the fried green tomato benedict. Second was the salmon. The salmon would have been my favorite had the bagel not been so 'tough' (though I always find bagels to be tougher than I want).

They have extended the breakfast serving time on the weekends - as we got there at 10:40 and they were still serving.

The place was absolutely packed and we had to park a little over a block away. However, we still found a 4-top with minutes of placing our order.

Our two entrees, side of berries and a coffee ran $23. Certainly not a daily stop for those used to a $2.99 breakfast special - but Kitchen 324 is no 'greasy spoon.'

Right now our weekend brunch rotation consists of Kitchen 324, Cafe Kacao, and Cheevers.

CCOKC
12-29-2012, 09:06 PM
I had breakfast at Kitchen 324 on Wednesday. I had the fried green tomato eggs benedict and thought it was outstanding. I also had the beet/apple juice on the recommendation of the man who took my order. That is not something that I would usually drink but I must say it was quite good (and am assuming good for me as well). The place was not very busy at 8:30 the day after Christmas which is to be expected. It was a very comfortable space that I imagine I will be frequenting quite often as it is 6 blocks from my office. Thanks Tuck.

betts
12-29-2012, 10:52 PM
I went with the family and unfortunately arrived too late for breakfast. I had the fried chicken pot pie and loved the presentation. I didn't think the fried chicken leg was as quite good as it is at Red, but the pot pie crust was delicious. The sauce had a bit too much sage for my taste, but I'm used to my mother's divine chicken pot pie and so tastes may vary. I thought the really fancy grilled cheese was delicious, and would probably order it the next time I eat there. My son had the french dip and said it was good, but I didn't try it. My daughter had the BLT and liked everything but the oven roasted tomatoes, which she said were a bit more abundant than she would have liked. The Mexican sodas were a big hit. I loved the space and it's an easy walk from my house, which is nice. I'll definitely be back and am very much hoping to try breakfast soon.

Praedura
01-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Paul Lamb has posted a blog entry about Kitchen 324 with a generous collection of pics, such as:

http://paullamb.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kitchen324-20121224-20.jpg

http://paullamb.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kitchen324-20121224-8.jpg

http://paullamb.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kitchen324-20121224-2.jpg

http://paullamb.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kitchen324-20121224-11.jpg

http://paullamb.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kitchen324-20121224-18.jpg

See more here:
Places I Eat: Kitchen 324 – Oklahoma City | Paul Lamb (http://paullamb.me/2012/12/26/places-i-eat-kitchen-324-oklahoma-city)

BBatesokc
01-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Oh my. I must got right now and get some of that Cheesecake.

Don't go 'right now' - they are closed on New Year's Day (sigh). Was hoping to start 2013 off with a good brunch there.

RadicalModerate
01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
WOW!!!!
(i like the concept of the place even better now! thanks for the "behind-the-scenes" detail shots! excellent!!!)

ljbab728
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Obviously the place is falling apart. One of the place settings did not have silverware. LOL

lasomeday
01-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Just had brunch there. I love this place! Simple yet sophisticated decor. The food was tasty and presented well and the coffee was great too. The wait staff was on point and the place was packed! Its definitely the place to be on Saturdays! Definitely my new place for brunch every Saturday. I have to try out the entire menu!

BBatesokc
01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Just had brunch there. I love this place! Simple yet sophisticated decor. The food was tasty and presented well and the coffee was great too. The wait staff was on point and the place was packed! Its definitely the place to be on Saturdays! Definitely my new place for brunch every Saturday. I have to try out the entire menu!

Went again today with my wife and a friend of ours after we left the downtown Y (needed to workout 1.5 hours just so I could eat there with less guilt!).

This time I had the turkey meatloaf - really excellent. Wife and friend each had the eggs benedict with fried green tomatoes. Probably my favorite brunch item.

Wanted the salmon, but arrived too late - it was all gone!

It was packed, but they are great at helping people get seated very quickly.

What I can't get over is the consistency of how great their staff is. Always very friendly, smiling and attentive.

OKCTalker
01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
We enjoyed a late brunch there Sunday, arriving at 12:30. The place was packed, the line was long, and the wait was 40 minutes until we were seated. But we were served within five minutes of reaching our table.

Green eggs & ham ($8.99), turkey meatloaf ($9.99), soft baked eggs ($5.99) and steel cut oats ($5.99). They were sold out of the fried chicken pot pie ($9.99).

The food was great, the service attentive and professional, and the interior bright and beautiful, but the wait was a little longer than I'm willing to endure again, especially when most of it was standing in line or off to the side.

Pete
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Those long wait times are awesome in their meaning, although frustrating in practice.

What a huge win for AGE and downtown life in general. This represents another significant step forward for downtown OKC in terms proving the right businesses run the right way can not only survive but thrive.

Much credit and respect due to Keith and his staff.

Celebrator
01-07-2013, 09:46 PM
We enjoyed a late brunch there Sunday, arriving at 12:30. The place was packed, the line was long, and the wait was 40 minutes until we were seated. But we were served within five minutes of reaching our table.

Green eggs & ham ($8.99), turkey meatloaf ($9.99), soft baked eggs ($5.99) and steel cut oats ($5.99). They were sold out of the fried chicken pot pie ($9.99).

The food was great, the service attentive and professional, and the interior bright and beautiful, but the wait was a little longer than I'm willing to endure again, especially when most of it was standing in line or off to the side.

I, too, went for the first time for brunch on Sunday about noon. The wait in line was long and the wait for the food was just about 5 minutes too long. Just too long for my normally wonderful toddler to wait and he just fell apart. So, I really wasn't enjoying my food as much as I would have liked to. That being said, the service and space were very impressive and the food was excellent...I had the much ballyhooed fried green tomato benedict. A+. I even tried a doughnut and it was very good, very unique. It was spongy and dense, not airy, but not cakey and not dry...and not too sweet or greasy. I loved it. What a great addition to the downtown dining scene.

Midtowner
01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Went yesterday. Had to get a quick lunch between appearances. Walked in the door and every table was full and folks were just standing around. When they said there was no line and I just had to look for the girl with the iPad to place my order, I was done.

Won't be going back there for a long, long time.

Paseofreak
01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
The iPad simply replaces the notepad at the hostess stand at other restaurants. The girl with the iPad will find you seating as it becomes available and direct you to the counter to order and then be immediately seated. Ultimately works out very nicely. If you don't go back simply because they're popular and busy or you have an issue with iPads, you are really missing out.