View Full Version : Promise Keepers coming to Ford Center

Patrick
08-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Promise Keepers, a gathering of men, is coming to the Ford Center Sept 10-11th. I went a few years ago when it was at the Myriad for the first time and it was a very moving experience. I encourage anyone that's never been, to try to make it.

For more information, check out their website:

http://www.promisekeepers.org/conf/venu/confvenu213.htm

Dad
08-30-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm all for gathering of men to discuss faith and Christian groups, but Promise Keepers has a religious right angle to it I'm very concerned about. One can be a good man, and a Christian, without the sexism and homophobia that goes with PK. I thought they'd pretty much faded out of existance and wasn't terribly upset.

Patrick
08-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Promise Keepers doesn't teach sexism or homophobia. It teaches men to stand up and be strong Christian leaders in their household. That's all....nothing more, nothing less!

In fact, the original concept by Coach Bill McCartney was designed to rise up men who willing to take a stand for God in their marriages, families, churches, and communities.

Actually Promise Keepers is larger than ever, in far more cities than it started, and I'm glad to see it. It's time that men stopped being idle and stood up for God in their families.
One of the reasons we have kids carrying guns to school and causing trouble is because men aren't being dads anymore.

Anyways, you're entitled to your opinion. If you'd like to learn more about what Promise Keepers is really about, visit: http://www.promisekeepers.org/

Keith
08-30-2004, 07:49 PM
I agree,Patrick. Promise Keepers is one of the best conferences that a man could ever go to ;) . Sometimes Christian men need to be reminded that they are the head of the household and the leader of their family. Many marriages and relationships have been healed by God because the man went to Promise Keepers and listened to what the Word of God said.

Promise Keepers also teaches you how to respect your wife, love her, and treat her like your girlfriend. It also teaches you how to communicate better with your spouse. It teaches you to get involved in your worship services at your local church and to get involved with your church. It starts on Friday evening and goes through Saturday afternoon. There is so much great information to absorb that you can't hardly get it all in in two days.

Too many men wimp out when they should be standing up for God. I have been to Promise Keepers at least four times. Why four times? Because each year the guest speakers are different and, although the message stays the same, the presentations are different. It's a great time for men of God to praise the Lord together, and a great time for the lost men to find Christ.

I highly recommend Promise Keepers to anyone who wants to better their relationship with God, their spouse, their children, and their fellow Christians :D .