View Full Version : THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!! lol

Plutonic Panda
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=395785387167688&set=o.191378567650589&type=1&theater I saw this on Facebook so it means it is true. ;) .. Just kidding..

But, seriously, what do you think will happen on the 21st. Will looting happen? Will chaos ensure?

I don't think the world will end, I bet mah Facebook feed will explode with people saying stupid s@*t and young teens and fear moguls will drive around acting stupid and everyone will goto sleep and wake up the next day and all of these people saying the world will end will disappear and come back out for the next "end of the world" event. :)

Snowman
12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
A massive onslaught of ironic tweets all day, looting would not surprise me but probably not related to world ending.

ljbab728
12-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Should I ask for the day off work to prepare?

Plutonic Panda
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Should I ask for the day off work to prepare?go up to your boss go office space on him.... "heeeeeeey I just got word that there is a possibility that the world might end and I believe, due to liability reasons, it would be good idea that you go ahead and let everyone take the day off mkay.. that would be greeeeeaaaaaaat" lol

RadicalModerate
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Isn't the end of the world . . . like, 'D' ?
(as in, "I have to ask for my Damn stapler back before it's too late." )

Plutonic Panda
12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Isn't the end of the world . . . like, 'D' ?
(as in, "I have to ask for my Damn stapler back before it's too late." )Stapler!?!?!?!?...... I'M MISSING MY WHOLE FREAKIN WINDOW VIEW BECAUSE I WAS RELOCATED TO THE BASEMENT!!! You're the lucky one... (for me["tits in ditch my friend"....TITS IN A DITCH"]) :)

ou48A
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Who would be left to care?

OKCisOK4me
12-17-2012, 03:20 PM
If the world ends then we should have had another meet up around 9pm by now so I could have met you guys, lol.

I've read a lot of books on 2012 and my favorites are the ones about 2013. I'm sure we'll all wake up on Saturday and the world will not be nigh. And then countries like Sweden will be asking why they spent billions of dollars to build massive underground shelters (Noah's Arks).

Plutonic Panda
12-17-2012, 05:49 PM
If the world ends then we should have had another meet up around 9pm by now so I could have met you guys, lol.

I've read a lot of books on 2012 and my favorites are the ones about 2013. I'm sure we'll all wake up on Saturday and the world will not be nigh. And then countries like Sweden will be asking why they spent billions of dollars to build massive underground shelters (Noah's Arks).Hey I'm down. We could all meet at the Vast restaurant. Look down at OKC and think, well at least one good thing came out of the end of the world....ODOT Never built their abomination called the "Boulevard" ;)

OKCisOK4me
12-17-2012, 05:54 PM
and hey, if brimstone and fire is falling from the sky...maybe one will be large enough to slice the Devon Tower in half and we can free fall to the ground like those scenes in Independence Day! :cool:

Snowman
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
and hey, if brimstone and fire is falling from the sky...maybe one will be large enough to slice the Devon Tower in half and we can free fall to the ground like those scenes in Independence Day! :cool:

I had a friend who was a film student, they had a class for end of the world type movies. In the first movie they watch (I think it may have been independence day), in a scene where the Statue of Liberty gets destroyed the professor stops the film, says get ready to see that a lot and in the vast majority of films after that their was at least one scene with it being either damaged, destroyed or being hit by something.

So remember to be safe in an Apocalypse: avoid it, tall buildings and any other notable landmarks.

kevinpate
12-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Who would be left to care?

All the people hopelessly snarled up in traffic on Lindsey between Berry and Elm ... to hear some tell it anyway.

ljbab728
12-17-2012, 09:08 PM
So remember to be safe in an Apocalypse: avoid it, tall buildings and any other notable landmarks.

Everyone could always go to Devil's Tower in Wyoming and be saved by aliens.

ou48A
12-17-2012, 11:05 PM
All the people hopelessly snarled up in traffic on Lindsey between Berry and Elm ... to hear some tell it anyway.Or also the people who have their head stuck up the butts so far they have no perspective of what reality is for the vast majority of people. LOL

venture
12-20-2012, 05:42 PM
All the people hopelessly snarled up in traffic on Lindsey between Berry and Elm ... to hear some tell it anyway.

Now that made me chuckle out loud. ;)

Dustin
12-20-2012, 05:43 PM
It's been nice chatting with you all.

Snowman
12-20-2012, 06:09 PM
http://www.gencoupe.com/attachments/off-topic/2545d1355917122-world-ending-december21-2012-mayan-calendar-5dayforecast_zps62d573c9.jpg

venture
12-20-2012, 07:37 PM
You kids have fun. Taking off for Mars tonight so I can get a good view.

ljbab728
12-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm just checking in to see if I'm the only still alive now. If so, I'm heading out to go on a big "help yourself" shopping spree. LOL

OKCisOK4me
12-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I think tonight would be a good night to watch Seeking a Friend for the End of the World!

Plutonic Panda
12-21-2012, 01:03 AM
I think tonight would be a good night to watch Seeking a Friend for the End of the World!Haha right.

Plutonic Panda
12-21-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm just checking in to see if I'm the only still alive now. If so, I'm heading out to go on a big "help yourself" shopping spree. LOLYessir I am alive.. I think.. unless I have died but and my brain is in denial about it in which case I am ghost living like I normally would but without anything being real. lol

venture
12-21-2012, 01:07 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the fire IT BURNS!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG ASTEROI....nope got nothing.

Back to my DVR.

venture
12-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Yessir I am alive.. I think.. unless I have died but and my brain is in denial about it in which case I am ghost living like I normally would but without anything being real. lol

Oooh. Maybe we are all in the matrix now and don't know it. Hmmm.

The Matrixie people probably were upgrading to Windows ME from 95 today on the big computers...yeah...thats where this all came from. Hey look...deja vu.

OKCisOK4me
12-21-2012, 01:33 AM

The Matrixie people probably were upgrading to Windows ME from 95 today on the big computers...yeah...thats where this all came from. Hey look...deja vu.

I just saw a cat go by and then another one just like it, lol

Plutonic Panda
12-21-2012, 02:15 AM

The Matrixie people probably were upgrading to Windows ME from 95 today on the big computers...yeah...thats where this all came from. Hey look...deja vu.Yeaaaaah there going to be some slight changes as we upgrade to our new operating system..... possibly around the lines of the complete destruction of your planet. So if you guys could just hang tight..that would be greeeeeeaaaaaaat haha. ;)

Martin
12-21-2012, 07:29 AM
of course the planet is scheduled to be demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass... i mean, there's no point in acting surprised about it... the demolition orders have been on display at our local planning department in alpha centauri for the last 50 years. -M

kelroy55
12-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Mayan's... You got some 'splainin' to do!

kevinpate
12-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Somewhere, there's a skinny Mayan in a ball cap fixing to jump up from his monitor and go laugh at the punk'd

rcjunkie
12-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Guess I'll go ahead and pay my cable/internet bill

Plutonic Panda
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Guess I'll go ahead and pay my cable/internet billNo the days not over yet!!!! lol ;)

OKCisOK4me
12-21-2012, 01:08 PM
You know, if it's a viral airborne agent that was released into the air---kinda like in 12 Monkey--at various large airports across the world at 5:12am Central time, the world could still end. It just wouldn't all end today. Today would just be the beginning of the end.

kevinpate
12-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Or, the end of the beginning.

(from a cheesy movie that I enjoyed all the same)

zookeeper
12-21-2012, 07:08 PM
of course the planet is scheduled to be demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass... i mean, there's no point in acting surprised about it... the demolition orders have been on display at our local planning department in alpha centauri for the last 50 years. -M

I don't know, there's a group in the Pleiades actually working for an elevated portion over the Earth & Mars so we might be spared.

Stew
12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
I was really banking on that Mayan apocalypse to take care of my christmas shopping. Now I'm facing a weekend of frantic emergency christmas shopping. I swear I never catch a break.

OKCisOK4me
12-21-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't know, there's a group in the Pleiades actually working for an elevated portion over the Earth & Mars so we might be spared.

With John Travolta at the helm right?

I was really banking on that Mayan apocalypse to take care of my christmas shopping. Now I'm facing a weekend of frantic emergency christmas shopping. I swear I never catch a break.

Im right there with ya...but I do it every year :-)

cfeken
12-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I made it.