View Full Version : We need Apple computer store in Sooner Mall!!!!

Monkeypony
12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
so dont have to drive all the way to penn sq mall in okc!!
petition Apple to come to Norman, Ok!!:Smiley122

Plutonic Panda
12-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Could Norman support an Apple store? Dallas has like 6-7 of them in the DFW area. They are pushing 8 million people and OKC is pushing 1.4. 1 apple for every million people? ;)

BoulderSooner
12-13-2012, 06:58 AM
without question norman could support an apple store .. as could north okc/edmond ..

Just the facts
12-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Where would one go in Norman? Apple Stores are located in high pedestrian areas like upscale malls, historic shopping districts, or new urbanism style retail centers. Norman has none of those. They aren't going to locate in a parking lot pad at University Northpark next to Discount Tire, Sooner Fashion Mall, or downtown Norman.

Martin
12-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Apple Stores are located in high pedestrian areas like malls...

Norman has none of those.

...Sooner Fashion Mall...

ok, i'm confused. i'm going to go out on a limb and say that sooner [fashion] mall is a mall and it's a mall in norman. am i missing something in your post?

-M

venture
12-13-2012, 08:01 AM
LOL...forgive him, he probably hasn't been back to Norman in...well then again that mall has been there for decades. :)

Just the facts
12-13-2012, 08:27 AM
mmm - I see you read it before I corrected my post.

Does anyone seriously think Apple will open a store in Sooner Fashion?

BoulderSooner
12-13-2012, 08:34 AM
yes i think that is a real possibility

Of Sound Mind
12-13-2012, 08:51 AM
I think one would open in Quail Springs before Sooner Fashion Mall.

Just the facts
12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
If you are waiting for Apple to open a store in Norman you better get a Snickers bar. It is going to be awhile.

BBatesokc
12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
mmm - I see you read it before I corrected my post.

Does anyone seriously think Apple will open a store in Sooner Fashion?

My opinion is 'no.'

College town does not necessarily equal a successful location for an Apple Store - especially when you can already walk into the Best Buy and get their most popular products and even a WalMart for an iPad, Ipod touch, etc.

Haven't been in Sooner Fashion Mall since I worked there for a very short spell (Service Merchandise) around 1990. Is it 'high traffic' now?

CuatrodeMayo
12-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Doesn't the OU student union sell a decent range of apple products?

progressiveboy
12-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I would think that Apple would be a good fit for Norman, however I am not sure if it has the demographics that Apple is looking at to open a new store. However, maybe Apple has already checked the demographics and income for Norman and decided a store would not work? They do their homework throughly before they invest in opening a new store. Once Norman is able to attract more white collar, high paying jobs which go along with high disposable incomes, then I believe they will open up a full fledged Apple Store.

blangtang
12-13-2012, 12:31 PM
ou it store - Information Technology - The University of Oklahoma (http://www.ou.edu/ouit/store)

OU IT Store has a good location on campus corner, maybe Apple could be their new neighbor

HangryHippo
12-13-2012, 01:02 PM
ou it store - Information Technology - The University of Oklahoma (http://www.ou.edu/ouit/store)

OU IT Store has a good location on campus corner, maybe Apple could be their new neighbor

This was actually my thought as well.

kevinpate
12-13-2012, 01:07 PM
... Is it 'high traffic' now?

Was it ever, except for the indoor semi-power walking clans ... always seemed to be plenty of them.

Midtowner
12-13-2012, 01:10 PM
The question Apple is going to ask is whether a store in Norman is going to mean more sales. I doubt that. Penn Square is a relatively short 30-40 minute drive which currently attracts visitors from all over the state. Apple would be incurring a lot of payroll expense and not seeing much benefit.

Plutonic Panda
12-13-2012, 01:39 PM
without question norman could support an apple store .. as could north okc/edmond ..Wouldn't be either/or? I just don't see an Apple store being built in Edmond and N OKC. I really don't think we will see another Apple store in OKC for some time to come. Not saying we couldn't support one. I just don't see it happening for awhile.

jedicurt
12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I would think IF another Apple Store were to come to OKC it would either be in Quail Springs Mall, or (and my hope) after the new Central Park is built Downtown, that they build a really awesome stand alone store next to it.

Just the facts
12-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I would think IF another Apple Store were to come to OKC it would either be in Quail Springs Mall, or (and my hope) after the new Central Park is built Downtown, that they build a really awesome stand alone store next to it.

An Apple Store will be downtown before one is ever built in Norman or Edmond, and one downtown would only happen if the one in Penn Sq closes. It would be nice but don't count on it.

jedicurt
12-14-2012, 10:02 AM
An Apple Store will be downtown before one is ever built in Norman or Edmond, and one downtown would only happen if the one in Penn Sq closes. It would be nice but don't count on it.

i agree... and i'm not counting on it...

Questor
12-15-2012, 02:34 PM
The OU I/T Store in Campus Corner might as well be an Apple Store. At one point about a year ago there was a strong rumor circulating that they were going to actually rebrand the store as such... never seemed to materialize though. The store generates a ton of Apple sales because of the students.

PS - No one really calls it Sooner Fashion Mall anymore. It's just Sooner Mall.