View Full Version : Athletic Revenue in 2011-12 By BCS Schools

ou48A
12-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Athletic Revenue in 2011-12 By BCS Schools

Click to view list
Alabama and Auburn stay among 10 wealthiest athletics departments in 2011-12 | al.com (http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/12/alabama_and_auburn_stay_among.html#incart_river_de fault)

OU shows revenue of $22.4 million more than OSU. This makes a huge difference over a long period of time.
These figures do not include any revenue from OU’s new TV network that should add several more million to the total.

ou48A
12-12-2012, 09:27 AM
A point worth mentioning is that compared to Norman the cost of living is higher in most of these other locations. Norman is supposedly the second cheapest city in the US to live in.
OU might get a little more bang for their bucks than most of these other places.

Bellaboo
12-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Texas was first, around 57 million more than OU.

Cost of living means nothing when there is a 57 million dollar gap.

Spartan
12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
How could Penn State bring in more than OU?

Buffalo Bill
12-12-2012, 11:00 AM
How could Penn State bring in more than OU?

Beaver Stadium holds around 107,000.

ou48A
12-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Beaver Stadium holds around 107,000.

Donations and basketball revenue also impact the bottom line.

ou48A
12-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Texas was first, around 57 million more than OU.

Cost of living means nothing when there is a 57 million dollar gap.

No doubt Texas is in a much better financial situation than OU.
They have a bigger stadium, 100,500 or so, a larger and more affluent alumni base and tons more Tee shirt fans.

PS: To be in this position is a great accomplishment for OU and it should not be over looked by its fans.

OKCisOK4me
12-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I'm sure having crappy basketball teams really didn't help that much. Excuse me, having the NBA in Oklahoma really doesn't help the collegiate programs...

Buffalo Bill
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
No doubt Texas is in a much better financial situation than OU.
They have a bigger stadium, 105,000 or so, a larger and more affluent alumni base and tons more Tee shirt fans.

Plus UT makes a small profit through licensing fees from every OU fan that has the upside down chromed longhorn thingy or window sticker.

ou48A
12-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Plus UT makes a small profit through licensing fees from every OU fan that has the upside down chromed longhorn thingy or window sticker.Yep, they sure do.
It’s something that I have never understood.

Just the facts
12-12-2012, 08:28 PM
When did an upside longhorn become the support OU sign anyhow? I freaking cringe every time I see that crap. OU IS NOT DEFINED BY UT. We aren't the Anti-TU University. If you are doing that at any other time than inside the Cotton Bowl in October - stop it! If your friends are doing that tell them to stop it also.

soonerguru
12-12-2012, 08:31 PM
When did an upside longhorn become the support OU sign anyhow? I freaking cringe every time I see that crap. OU IS NOT DEFINED BY UT. We aren't the Anti-TU University. If you are doing that at any other time than inside the Cotton Bowl in October - stop it! If your friends are doing that tell them to stop it also.

Unfortunately, you don't speak for our mouthbreathing, knuckledragging fans, who understand nothing about OU in general.

ou48A
12-12-2012, 09:12 PM

Personally I am more concerned about how OSU uses about 7 million state tax dollars to help fund its athletic programs.
Our limited resources have far more urgent needs in our state.

Bellaboo
12-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Plus UT makes a small profit through licensing fees from every OU fan that has the upside down chromed longhorn thingy or window sticker.

My next door neighbor is a judge who is a UT alum, he told me that the UT alumni association gets $1 for each longhorn sticker sold, so everyone keep buying them, so he says.