View Full Version : Yukon Water Bills

lisa.lester
12-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I live in Yukon and my water bill this month was $316.53. Last month is was $76.60. It has never been much more than $150 and now all of a sudden it's over $300. I looked at my bill last year at this same time frame and it was $147. I had the water company come out and check for leaks and nothing of course. So I call them and let them know that even with rate increases I find it hard to believe that my bill after living in this neighbourhood for two years and never been anywhere close to that amount. I feel that there is something wrong here. They just expect for me to pay it. Does anyone out there see something wrong with this picture or better yet is there anyone else out there that is getting screwed on the water bill besides me? I feel like there has to be something that I can do about this but I just don't know what. I'm at my wits end. With it being so close to Christmas and having extra expenses this high...I just don't know how much longer I can continue to live in this town I once loved if rates on utilities are going to be this high. How are the average people surviving out this with expenses like this?

Sabbathhead
12-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Mine was 78.00, we've only lived here for 6 months and its usually around 65 so far, went up over 10 this month for some reason. You got something going on for sure

ljbab728
12-07-2012, 11:21 PM
If that happens again, I would suggest that it might be worthwhile to pay someone not connected with the city to inspect your water connections and plumbing. Unless you were using significantly more water that is totally unreasonable even with a rate increase. The city should be able to tell you exactly how much water you used compared to other months so that should give you some kind of clue.

stick47
12-08-2012, 07:40 AM
It sounds like the meter reader needs new glasses. Check the bill for what he put down then go check your meter and see if there's a big discrepancy.