View Full Version : Free Zoo admission every Monday in Dec., Jan., Feb.

JohnH_in_OKC
12-03-2012, 04:42 AM
The OKC Zoo is again offering free admission to the zoo (http://www.okczoo.com/plan-your-visit/free-discount-days/) every Monday in December, January & February. Take your family to the zoo during the holidays. I use these free days on Mondays to walk the zoo for my daily exercise every year.

Free/Discount Days - Oklahoma City Zoo (http://www.okczoo.com/plan-your-visit/free-discount-days/)

PennyQuilts
12-03-2012, 06:31 AM
What a terrific tip! I have an errand in that part of town, today, and will pop on over. Been meaning to go for awhile and taking a walk out there sounds like just the thing. Also want to hit the gift shop for grandson. Christmas is coming.

Bostonfan
12-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Went a few weeks ago. Very nice and enjoyable. And many people around these parts could sure use a walk or two.

PennyQuilts
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I went out there, today. Great time. I hadn't seen the Elephant House - OMG - wow. It was HUGE. My favorite part is always the Oklahoma area but the whole place is outstanding. Thanks for the idea, JohnH.

JohnH_in_OKC
12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
The Zoo might be a great place to visit with your out-of-town friends & family during the Christmas/New Years holidays.

ljbab728
12-24-2012, 09:12 PM
The Zoo might be a great place to visit with your out-of-town friends & family during the Christmas/New Years holidays.

Everyone might need snow shoes to get around though. LOL

Bunty
01-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Meanwhile, the Frank Jones Jr. of Art at OU now offers free admission. A new addition has recently opened making taking a special trip out there even more worthwhile.

OU Athletics Department Donation Allows Free Admission to Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art
Ou Women's BBall

NORMAN, OKLA. – Free admission is now available to the general public when visiting the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art on the University of Oklahoma’s Norman campus. A $60,000 gift from the OU Athletics Department budget will make this possible.

PennyQuilts
01-03-2013, 07:41 PM
The zoo is a terrific organization to support. I received a membership as a Christmas Gift and it was most appreciated. I love that it goes to support this organization.

venture
01-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Nice to see the OKC Zoo do something like that. Where I grew up the zoo was free every Monday, year round, to residents of the county. The zoo was always packed and everyone loved it.

The note about Fred Jones is good to hear as well. I haven't been there in almost 15 years, so might have to go check it out again. I just wish the OKC Art Museum was free admission. Again, back where I grew up, the art museum there is free year round - every day - and only charges for any special exhibits they may get. Loved that since the museum is fairly massive and if you really want to appreciate everything it takes 2 days to go through it all. Maybe some day they'll do that here. :)