View Full Version : OU Sooners will be playing Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl

SoonerQueen
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM

Could be a good game but we should be going to a BCS bowl.

venture
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Already a bowl thread: http://www.okctalk.com/sports/32718-bowling-2012-13-ncaa-bowls-thread.html

Stew
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Bummer.

ou48A
12-02-2012, 10:50 PM

Maybe so… but whatever the circumstances may be, we don’t have a choice…..

But unlike some of the other bowls in recent years where OU laid an egg OU has something more to play for than just a Bowl trophy…. It’s about respect for our program and to a lesser extent our confrence.
On top of that, most of us are sick and tired of hearing about the SEC.
This is our chance to regain a measure of respect. + Our recruiting could only be helped with a win.

I say to all my fellow OU fan’s: let’s embrace the opportunity to better our program.

BOOMER

Easy180
12-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm already bored

dcsooner
12-03-2012, 04:39 AM

SQ, I disagree. OU could very easily have finished . 7-5

Bellaboo
12-03-2012, 07:03 AM

Could have been 12 - 0 also......woulda shoulda coulda. I think you predicted them to lose 5 games, but they snuck by the last 3 games with a W.

Stan Silliman
12-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I think OU will be playing against a Heisman Trophy champion.
By the way, there are only three Heisman candidates - Klein, Manziel and M'Teo.
Name another team that's played all three.

dankrutka
12-04-2012, 12:01 PM

Neat story. Back in the real world OU went 10-2 with the 5th hardest schedule in the nation. Maybe in the future they'll judge team on "almosts" and "maybes."

kevinpate
12-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Neat story. Back in the real world OU went 10-2 with the 5th hardest schedule in the nation. Maybe in the future they'll judge team on "almosts" and "maybes."

Also in the real world, for better or worse, as tight as some games were, I ponder whether there were more players coaches and fans actively praying on the field, in the stands and in front of tellys than in many other years. I wouldn't bet against the notion.

Stan Silliman
12-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Here's my article on Johnny Football trademarking his name. It's a few weeks old:

Johnny_Football_Trademark (http://sillimanonsports.com/Johnny_Football_Trademark.html)

Just the facts
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Seems to me that in an infringment on the Johnny Reb trademark.

bhawes
12-04-2012, 04:24 PM

No way OU should get a BCS bowl over Georgia South Carolina or LSU or Texas A&M. IF they were in SEC with the defence they have they be lucky if they did not have at least five loss.

SoonerQueen
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
venture79, what would we do without you? You're like the "thread police."

Just the facts
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
No way OU should get a BCS bowl over Georgia South Carolina or LSU or Texas A&M. IF they were in SEC with the defence they have they be lucky if they did not have at least five loss.

That's what was said about aTm.

bhawes
12-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Texas A&M has a good defence compare to OU.

bhawes
12-05-2012, 08:37 AM

Texas A&M has a good defence compare to OU. Missouri will struggle compare to A&M A&M being in Texas will now get the top players out of Texas over Texas TCU and Oklahoma because they play in the SEC. The players want a chance to play in the best conference.

onthestrip
12-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Texas A&M has a good defence compare to OU. Missouri will struggle compare to A&M A&M being in Texas will now get the top players out of Texas over Texas TCU and Oklahoma because they play in the SEC. The players want a chance to play in the best conference.

A&M getting the best players from the state of Texas over UT just because they are in the SEC..? No way.

ou48A
12-05-2012, 09:54 AM
A&M being in Texas will now get the top players out of Texas over Texas TCU and Oklahoma because they play in the SEC.

If this is even true, it’s not a lasting formula. Eventually Texas will hire coaches who know what they’re doing with QB’s and eventually A&M won’t have its high quality black coach.

But in any case, when OU’s has won a national championships the OU rosters have had at least a 49% Oklahomans on the roster with plenty of Oklahoman’s starting. Over the years the vast majority of Texans on OU’s rosters have been UT rejects and very often not recruited by other major powers.

IMO it more about the quality of player evaluations than anything else and some coaching staffs are better at this than others.

BoulderSooner
12-06-2012, 09:30 AM

really La tech put up 57 on tamu ... tamu 79th in the nation against the pass ... they would have closer to 5L's in the big 12

BoulderSooner
12-06-2012, 09:30 AM

they didn't last year and they are not this year .... dream world ..

Hawk405359
12-06-2012, 02:02 PM
A&M played 3 teams with a pulse this year, and lost two of them. You can pad stats against the likes of Sam Houston State all you want, but the only truly impressive game they've played was their win over 'Bama. It's the same reason I'm not quite ready to crown Manziel Tim Tebow version 2.0 yet.

Buffalo Bill
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
A&M played 3 teams with a pulse this year, and lost two of them.

One could probably say the same thing about OU.

Hawk405359
12-06-2012, 05:08 PM
One could probably say the same thing about OU.

... is it bad that I have to ask what the third one was?

I mean, I'd guess OSU off the top of my head, but they weren't very good this year. Neither was Texas. WVU fizzled out. TCU is having some growing pains.

Buffalo Bill
12-06-2012, 09:38 PM
... is it bad that I have to ask what the third one was?

I mean, I'd guess OSU off the top of my head, but they weren't very good this year. Neither was Texas. WVU fizzled out. TCU is having some growing pains.

I stand corrected. 2 teams with a pulse.

bhawes
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I stand corrected. 2 teams with a pulse.

OU play three teams with a pulse Florida A&M, UTEP and Kansas.