View Full Version : No More Aerospace shows??

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
06-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone ele has herd about this?I am praying that I am wrong.I was on the phone with te airport yesterday asking a couple questions about an upcoming flight and decided to ask the lady on the phone if the show as in normal tradition going to be on Fathers day weekend this year?She says to me no they are not going to have it anymore.I was shocked.She said she didnt know if it was for just this year or for good.But I did remember that I haven't seen any commercials or heard the blue Angels practicing either.This is very sad to me.I really enjoyed my self last year and its not like this place has a whole lot to do in the first place.This is soooo disappointing.Has anyone one else heard anything?

DD:numchucks

venture
06-15-2005, 09:55 PM
From what the media reported a couple months back...it has to do with them losing too much money last year. It should be back next year though.

metro
06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
From what I read in the media, the show was cancelled for 2005 and 2006

Faith
06-16-2005, 10:12 AM
I heard the same.. that it would be closed for the next two years. Tinker Air Force Base has their Air Show (Aerospace America) this year on July 2nd. It is open to the public and free! There is going to be a spectacular fireworks show as well.

venture
06-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Last I checked Aerospace America was the air show held at Will Rogers (though it was at Page before as well)...you know the one they are cancelling. :)

Faith
06-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Oh yeah! My mistake. Tinker's is called the Star Spangled Salute which will be held on Sat. July 2nd.

The USAF Thunderbirds Jet Team, Lee Greenwood performing "Proud to be an American", "Tops in Blue" and a performance by The Air Force Musical Show will be there. As well as one of the state's largest fireworks displays, games, and crafts for children.

Patrick
06-20-2005, 01:34 PM
From their website, it looks the show will be back next year:

http://www.aerospaceokc.com/index.html

tomokc
06-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I went to Aerospace America every day last year and recall both rain and sun each day. The day would begin cloudy and with rain at least threatening, so people made other plans. The afternoons turned out to be sunny & warm, but people were doing other things by that time. My weekend ended with muddy boots and a sunburn. That's Oklahoma, and it can wipe out events like Aerospace America.

Patrick
06-21-2005, 07:35 AM
They should consider moving the air show to another time, maybe mid July. Problem is, it always rains near Father's Day, except of course on the years when they don't have it, like this year! :)