View Full Version : Famous relatives (dead or alive)

mranderson
06-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Do you have any famous relatives either now living or deceased? Who are they?

As for me. I am a direct decendant of both Eric the Red and Leif Erickson. Erickson was the explorer who is the true discoverer of the United States.

OK. Your turn, members.

osupa05
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I was once told that Meriweather Lewis (of the Lewis and Clark duo) was my great, great, great.... lots of greats something or other... but I don't know if it's been proven! I once saw a statue of him in a museum, and I think I got his nose! Haha!

rxis
06-17-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure, but it is said that my Dad is a decendant of a great family lineage from his country.

My grandmother's father was one of the wealthiest men of his nation until war broke out. She used to speak to groups about the old country and stuff because her family was a big influencer.
It would be pretty cool to have her life story written down in a book.

I don't think they qualify for this thread, but they were famous in their time and region.

kahloist
09-27-2005, 06:27 AM
My mother's Lakota (American Indian) great grandmother, five cousins, and two great aunts were killed at the first seige of Wounded Knee in 1890 by white calvary soldiers. My great grandmother was found clinging to her mother and just passed on about 20 years ago at the age of 103. All those who lost their lives were left dead in the snow; they were all women and children. History is famous I guess.
http://www.lastoftheindependents.com/wounded.htm

And by the way, how can someone discover something that was already inhabited or found? The western hemisphere was laid claim to by the American Indians long before Europe had pulled itself out of the darkness.

karlanee
09-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Hey, I'm related to both Adam AND Eve!!

kahloist
09-27-2005, 06:45 AM
HA! It doesn't get more famous than that!