View Full Version : Recommend a fence company?

warreng88
11-26-2012, 01:15 PM
We are looking to replace half of our old chain link fence with a new wood fence and wanted to get some recommendations.

OkieHornet
11-26-2012, 02:50 PM
larry's fence, 340-6131.

not the cheapest, but the attention to detail and quality is worth it.

RadicalModerate
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
I wish I could recommend a fence contractor who used to do business out in EOC . . .
Unfortunately, he somehow decided to confuse the semantic concept of "fence" (as in material property division line) with "fence" (as in buying and selling stolen stuff).

I'm fairly sure that only one lawyer and a couple of other good-ol-boyz were involved in the resolution of the case.
(the reason i remember this is because a copy of Rickie Lee Jones first record album was sitting on top of the stolen turntable in the back. =)

Isn't there a Fence Contractor link on Angie's list?
(as impersonal as said non-referenced/non-specified link might be?)

One tip on fence building, other than running cattle, chicken or sheep:
"Privacy Fences Make Your Backyard a Cell" (i prefer chain link)

Almost forgot: If you or your neighbors have children or pit bulls potential damage will involve a custom, not-easily or quickly made barrier to separate you and yours from hazards.

Plutonic Panda
11-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Or you could spend $100,000 on a laser space fence. Aww yeah!!!!!!

Jon27
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
I've used Daniel Thompson at 262-4150 twice, and a few in my family have as well. He's out of El Reno. Very nice guy to work with.

onemoreokie
12-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Stay away from Superior Fence....we've had nothing but problems from them.

rezgirl
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Arrow fence company is good...

ou48A
04-05-2013, 10:31 AM
If you don’t want a crooked fence with warped wood in a just a few years consider using 8 foot steel post set with at a depth of least
30” with mixed concreted in at least a 6” hole and 8’’ on gates. Screws are much better than any nail. If this is the standard stockade fence use some type of wood sealer on all wood.

About 11 years ago I build 115’ of my own fence; one board at a time because I could build something that looked far better and was many times stronger for about 1/2 the cost. A typical fence builder isn’t going to build a stockade fence that looks good for more than a few years. Most of the gates they install are crap and are hard to open after few years. (Use 3 hinges on any gate.)

11 years later my fence is still standing straight and true with very little weather wear. I see many other much newer fences that need replaced or need major repairs. There is not a single nail in my fence.

Consider doing this yourself. The toughest part of the job is auguring the holes. You could contract that part of the job out.

warreng88
04-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I put this up in November and we got in contact with Jon Cobbs with Modern Environment and Landscaping who came out and did an amazing job. I am the kind of client who wants a twice daily update of how everything is going even if things have not changed and are just moving along. He was happy to oblige. When the work was done, he walked me through an inspection of everything to see if I was happy with the work. I highly recommend him for any outdoor needs. He is young (28) but started doing landscaping work with his dad 20 years ago and started his own company 9 years ago.