View Full Version : Chef Race U.K. vs U.S.

ThomPaine
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
I heard that this show made a stop in OKC. Did anyone here know about it? Just curious if they did anything of interest here and if they portrayed our city in a good light.

Chef Race | BBC America (http://www.bbcamerica.com/chef-race/)

Dubya61
11-26-2012, 09:28 AM
According to NewsOK, it aired October 16.
BBC America’s “Chef Race: U.K. vs. U.S.” makes Oklahoma visit | Television Blog (http://blog.newsok.com/television/2012/10/15/bbc-americas-chef-race-u-k-vs-u-s-makes-oklahoma-visit/)

LakeEffect
11-26-2012, 09:46 AM
It wasn't spectacular. Once again highlighted Cattleman's and lamb fries... ::yawn::

They tried to sell food as a competition, one group in Norman and one in OKC. They used Local's kitchen to prep their food, and Ryan Parrot got a very brief notice on camera.

ThomPaine
11-26-2012, 09:48 AM
It wasn't spectacular. Once again highlighted Cattleman's and lamb fries... ::yawn::

They tried to sell food as a competition, one group in Norman and one in OKC. They used Local's kitchen to prep their food, and Ryan Parrot got a very brief notice on camera.

Thanks. I'll have to catch it on reruns. I agree with the "yawn" comment. That' been done a few times...

RadicalModerate
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
"Chef Race" . . . "Race Chef?" . . . "Chefracé?"
(non non non, mon ami . . . my palate and intellect both suffer from overexposure to le teeveé stupidité alreadeé =)

How about Chef Food Death Race . . . ?
(how many violations of food storage/preparation protocols can you commit as compared to diner/dinners?)

Edited to Add: Before we all dump on BBC programming . . . That Scottish Comedian dude's Route 66 trip is worth a watch . . . (not a Rolex, just a watch)

RadicalModerate
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Edited to Add . . .
Before we all gang up and piss all over/dump on BBC Programming in The Americas we might be well advised to watch that Scottish Commedian's tour of Route 66. He managed to go "tops over bottoms" and "be one pippin short of a tart" on a friggin' trike. He might have eaten something from a food truck.